1/2

The Blackcurrant-tea Guy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s fun to watch him. 

Jung Daehyun, just another 21 year old – in the process of adulthood and saying good bye to collage soon. He’s a music major, Youngjae heard from his friend, Himchan. The latter is a couple of years older, very much of an extrovert – the reason why Youngjae knows too much about this particular boy. 

Though every petty thing about Daehyun is intimidating, starting is straw colored hair, from his eyes, nose to lips – then his attire, which could vary between house cleaning to red-carpet elegant; depending on how thick the bags under his eyes are, there’s something that warns Youngjae to keep away from the boy.

Because he’s a waiter in a tiny café, and he drives a Sorrento. 
Rich people don’t have to go around telling. His Louis Vuitton winter jacket says enough.

He visits every Saturday evening for a cup of tea. ‘A blackcurrant tea, please. And, don’t add sugar. I’d like it brewed for three minutes.”; to the point Youngjae walked up to him, smiled at him and asked if he would like his usual cup of tea.

He would smile back, and nod. His eyes just form crescents and there’s a slight dimple Youngjae always looks out for to appear. Sometimes, when he’s not feeling too well, his smile doesn’t reach his cheeks. Those days, Youngjae would bring him another cup of tea just after he finishes his first. Daehyun then, would look quizzically into Youngjaes eyes, and he would smile. “This one’s from me.” He would insist, placing a bill for just one cup.

Daehyun thanked him, usually – and would sit, sipping on another cup for another five minutes, maybe. He’d never told Youngjae why he’s upset, but according to Himchan, Daehyun only stresses over one thing, and those are exams.
There’s no need to ask, in the end.

Even Youngjae could say Daehyuns easy going, there’s a calm aura surrounding him – which turns out, it very hard to resist. 

Junhong hardly paid mind to it when he carelessly brought up the topic this morning, when they were starting their shifts – that; ‘the blackcurrant-tea guy asked for you last week.’ Youngjae went back home to Mokpo for two weeks, He only returned to Seoul yesterday.
Daehyun was here again, seated by the window where he liked, and Youngjae breathed in. He had a feeling, a little unsettling jingle bell inside his stomach that kept insisting that something is different about today. 

Was it hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter