Final.

Cho+i=Choi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

What should you do if every time you open your locker, you find a love letter for you signed by a secret admirer??

Well according to Cho Kyuhyun; you should crumble it in a ball shape and obviously throw it away because how stupid do you think Cho Kyuhyun is to not know that the so called admirer is in fact a friend of his, who is try to pull his leg?

That is why; as soon as Kyuhyun opened his locker and saw the 10th love note from his secret admirer, he didn’t even bother to read that crap. He simply crumbled it and threw it over his shoulder. He started putting away his books and searched for his psp so he could enjoy his lunch hour with ease.

“Mr. Cute yet grumpy gamekyu,” Suddenly a voice said behind Kyuhyun so he turned around and saw his best friend Sungmin with a badly scared piece of paper in his hands. “I am not very good with words so it’s hard for me to tell you how I feel. I don’t know what I like about you most but you are on my mind day and night. Maybe it’s the way how you sometime look y or clumsy or a cute nerd like, but I just can’t get enough of you. Now I am tired of admiring you from a distance. If you are even a little bit interested then write me back and put the letter in your locker….. Love; Your Secret Admirer.”  Sungmin finished reading the letter and kept looking at it weirdly.

“Who in their right mind will call you y?” Hyukjae, who was the other best friend of Kyuhyun, asked as he looked at the letter over Sungmin’s shoulder.

“The same person who would call you an ugly monkey, so in short a person with true opinion.” Kyuhyun replied with a smirk as he closed his locker with a bang after getting his psp.

“Did you write this to yourself, Cho Kyuhyun?” A serious Sungmin asked as he held up the letter.

“As If!!” Kyuhyun scoffed and started walking toward the cafeteria and naturally his friends followed. “Cut the crap guys! I know it’s one of you who wrote this, just to prank me.”

Kyuhyun got three lunch trays and turned to give each to his friends and saw both of them shaking their heads at his accusation.

“The writing of your admirer is different from both of our hand writings.” Sungmin pointed out.

“You could have gotten someone else to write it for you.” Kyuhyun argued back as he got his lunch and lead his friends to the table they usually sit on. “So I am sure that it’s you guys.”

“Trust me Kyu, I can assure you that we… no wait… I have no hand in this letter.” Sungmin quickly tried to clear his name because he was a guy of high morals so deceiving or tricking others was not something he was fond of but he could not say the same about Hyukjae.

Kyuhyun gave a pointed look to Hyukjae before he his psp to play the game he saved this morning.

“Oh Please,” Hyuk scoffed as he realized that now he was the only one being accused. “If I wanted to write a love letter to someone why would I waste my time on you? I know just the person I would write it to.”

Then Hyukjae turned to look across the cafeteria toward the table were sat his long time crush, Lee Donghae. With a long sigh, Hyuk jumped in his fantasy world and both his friends knew it was pointless to talk to him anymore.

“What even makes you think that we are the one behind it?” Sungmin asked as he put the letter on the table to survey it one more time.

“Well the fact that the letter says ‘grumpy gamekyu’ is enough to make me suspicious. No one other than my friends knows that I love playing games more than anything else.” Kyuhyun simply replied and didn’t even bother to look up from his psp.

“Seriously Kyu!! Look around,” Sungmin ordered in a stern voice but Kyuhyun just gave a small glance to his friend and then he was back to his game. “We are in cafeteria right now. Our whole class is present here. The first thing you did as soon as we sat down was taking out your psp and started playing the game. If your admirer has been looking at you like he or she made it sound in the letter then he/she is bound to have realized that you are a game freak!”

“Okay but what about that grumpy part? Hyuk is the only one who calls me grumpy.” Kyuhyun argued back because he was still sure that it was all a prank.

“If you go around and talk to some other students then you will know that half of the school calls you grumpy.” Sungmin told Kyu.

“Why?” A shocked Kyuhyun asked his friend.

“Well the fact that if someone tries to talk to you, you either glare at them or tell them off, could be the reason.” Sungmin tried guessing in a mocking tone.

“Well they should know better than disturbing me while I am gaming.” Kyuhyun said with an eye roll.

“Yes Kyu! GAMING!!” Sungmin tried to emphasize his point.

Kyuhyun went over what Sungmin said in his head again and again….

“Okay I admit you might have a point there,” Kyuhyun confessed as he gave up on the argument. “Now if I think about it… Hyuk doesn’t have the brains to come up with such a great prank and you don’t lie so I guess you guys are off the hook.”

Then Kyuhyun shrugged away this conversation and went back to his favorite pass time.

“Aren’t you curious? Don’t you wanna know who your secret admirer is?” Sungmin asked after a few seconds. Even if Kyuhyun wasn’t intrigue, Sungmin sure as hell was.

“Sure I wanna know but I am not gonna waste my time in trying to find him.” Kyuhyun replied. “He will come out soon enough if he is ‘tired of admiring from distance’.”

Sungmin nodded in agreement…. But the curiosity was killing him.

“How about you write back to them? You can ask them who he/she is?” Sungmin suggested after a couple of minutes.

“No way! I have my pride to hold!” Kyuhyun said in a firm voice before throwing his psp in his backpack and getting up to go to his next class as the lunch hour has ended.

*=*=*=*=*=*

 

It was after one week that Sungmin was sitting in study hall and was catching up on his math homework when a hand slammed on his book. Min looked up and saw a furious looking Kyu glaring at him with a scared Hyukjae trying to calm him down.

“What did you do?” Kyuhyun asked in a dangerous voice.

Sungmin gulped in fear but didn’t know what was going on. “W-what? What happened?” He finally asked in a quiet voice.

“You tell me?” Kyuhyun asked instead as he took his hand off Sungmin’s book and folded his arms on his chest. “Go on read it!” Came an order.

Sungmin look down and noticed that apparently Kyuhyun has slammed down a paper on his book. Sungmin held the paper in his trembling hands and started reading it.

“My sweet, sweet Kyu! I was so glad to see that you wrote back…” Sungmin’s voice trailed away as the situation settled on him and he bit his lips in case a laugh was to escape and peeked up at his fuming friend.

“Go on, keep reading!!” Kyuhyun ordered when he saw that Sungmin has stopped.

Sungmin took a long breath before continuing in a more steady voice. “I was so glad to see that you wrote back to me. I kept jumping up and down in happiness for a whole day so sorry that I couldn’t reply back earlier. Since you asked Who I am? Then I will give you a hint first... Cho+i=Choi... Love; Your secret admirer!”

It was just too much and Sungmin couldn’t hold it anymore so he burst out laughing after reading the letter.

“You think it’s funny?” Kyuhyun asked with anger evident in his voice.

“Yes,” Sungmin replied when his laughter has subsided but as he looked up he saw Hyuk was also laughing, that made him to fall in another fit of laughter.

“Why did you wrote him back?” Asked a furious Kyu as he heavily sat down in front of Sungmin.

“Because I was curious.” Sungmin replied as it was the most obvious thing in the world.

“I told you he will come out on his own.” Kyuhyun said with a glare.

“But I couldn’t wait that long!” Sungmin tried to defend himself with a pout.

“Now what am I suppose to do??” A helpless Kyu whined to his friends.

“Easy! We try to find your admirer now.” Hyuk said with a small shrug. “He gave us a hint right? What was the hint?”

“It’s Cho+i=Choi,” A giddy Sungmin quickly replied.

“Hmm… I guess that Cho as in, our Kyu,” Hyukjae said while turning toward Kyuhyun who gave a look of pure loathing which made Hyuk gulp and turned toward Sungmin. “‘i’ as in the writer aka Kyu’s admirer…so… Choi must be his surname, right?”

“OMG!!” Suddenly Min exclaimed, “Don’t you see what he did there?”

When Kyuhyun and Hyukjae shook their heads at the weird outburst of their friend, Sungmin went on with his explanation.

“‘Cho’ is our Kyu and ‘I’ is his admirer so when they come together as one,” Sungmin said while bringing his two hands together for better explanation. “They become a Choi… It’s like a cute marriage proposal!”

“WHAT??” a shocked Kyu shouted out which got him scolded from the teacher on study hall duty. “That was the stupidest explanation ever!” Kyu said to his friend after apologizing to the teacher.

“Even though I agree with Sungmin here,” Hyuk said but received a death glare in return. “But we have more pressing matters to look at… Since we know that his first name is Choi then it narrows down the list for us a lot.”

“Yeah! There are like only three classes in high school. I think we would be able to find him really soon,” A hyperactive giddy Sungmin said while literally jumping up and down in his chair.

“Yes but each grade with 6 sections,” Kyuhyun pointed out to bust Min’s bubble.

“I will go and ask Junsu to get us a list of all the students with Choi as their first name.” Hyuk said as he got up and ran to his childhood friend without hearing Kyuhyun’s approval. So the most Kyuhyun could do was slam his head on the table; and that’s exactly what he did!

*=*=*=*=*=*

Class 1:

Choi Minho Choi Jinri aka Sulli Choi Minki aka Ren

Class 2:

Choi Sooyoung Choi Junhong aka Zelo Choi Minhwan Choi Jonghun

Class 3:

Choi Seunghyun aka Top Choi Siwon

“Hmm… only nine students with Choi as their first name in the whole school, that’s not much.” Sungmin commented as he looked at the list given to him by Hyukjae.

“Kyu, why don’t you look at the list? Maybe you have seen one of them lurking around your locker.” Hyuk suggested to his friend who was so immersed in gaming that he didn’t even bother giving any response.

“I don’t think Kyuhyun would care to look around even if a serial killer was lurking around him, Hyuk.” Sungmin pointed out. “Why don’t we read and see if we can cross off some names of people who are not likely to be Kyu’s admirers.”

“Yeah that’s a good idea Min,” Hyuk agreed and eagerly looked at the list. “First one is Minho of 1A.”

Sungmin and Hyukjae both shared a look and came to a silent agreement. Something which did not went unnoticed by Kyuhyun who has finally stopped playing his game.

“Choi Minho??” Kyuhyun asked with his eyebrow raised. “No way. I know him, he can’t be the one.”

“The way that kid looks at you I would say he is one strong candidate as your admirer.” Sungmin replied back with Hyuk nodding his head in agreement. “So we are not cutting him off.”

“Next is Choi Jinri.” Hyuk read off from the list.

“Jinri?? Never heard of her.” Kyuhyun said. He was very popular among his junior because he had skipped two grades so everyone looked at him with a lot of admiration and come for any kind of help they need in studies. Kyuhyun nearly knew every Junior.

“That is Sulli’s real name. Choi Sulli is Minho’s classmate.” Sungmin explained for his friends benefit.

“But why are we even bothering with girls? Our whole school knows that I am gay.” Kyuhyun asked. “So my admirer can’t be a girl.”

“Yeah like I said earlier, Cho+i=Choi is a marriage proposal so that means the guy wants to change Cho Kyuhyun to Choi Kyuhyun.” Sungmin injected his opinion but Kyuhyun ignore him intentionally whereas Hyukjae just played along with Kyuhyun.

“You will be surprise to know this Kyu but a lot of girls like a challenge. And Sulli is one of them.” Hyuk told his friend.

“Challenge??” Kyuhyun asked in confusion.

“Yeah like making a gay fall for a girl is a huge challenge.”

“If she is the one who is behind all of this crap then I am never replying to her again,” Kyuhyun declared in a firm voice but then he glared at Sungmin and said. “But wait…. I didn’t replied the first time either.”

“So she will be staying on the list then,” Sungmin quickly said in hope to change the topic and snatched the list from Hyukjae. “Next is Choi Minki. And before you ask,” Min held up his hand to stop Kyuhyun from asking anything. “He is that kid Ren from 1F.”

“You mean the biggest play boy in class 1?” Kyuhyun asked to confirm his suspicion, when he got a nod in reply he quickly said. “I had to tutor him physics last term because Ms. Park asked me to. That boy is incapable of writing simple sentence we write in numerical problems let alone love letters. The only thing he is good at is flirting with his mouth.”

“Yeah I have heard about that as well so I guess he is off the list.” Hyuk hadn’t even completed his sentence when he saw Sungmin cutting off Ren’s name.

“Well that means we only have two potential candidates from class 1,” Sungmin concluded. “Now to move on to our own grade…. The first person is Choi Sooyoung.”

“Sooyoung of 2A, right?” Kyuhyun asked.

“Yeah she is the one. Why? Do you know her?” Sungmin asked Kyuhyun in surprise.

“Everyone knows her,” Hyukjae answered instead of Kyuhyun. “She is a proud lesbian. She keeps hitting on all the girls of our school. Taeyeon, Tiffany, Jessica, Yuri, Yoona,…. You name them!!”

“Seriously?” Sungmin asked in surprise and got himself a nod from both of his friends. “Then it is with no doubt that she is being crossed out. Next is Choi Junhong , who so happened to be our class fellow.”

“I didn’t know we had a Choi in our class.” Hyukjae said with surprise in his voice.

“Neither did I,” Kyuhyun said as well. “Who is he?”

“Guys I am talking about Zelo!” Sungmin told them with an eye roll when both his friends went ‘OOOHH….!!!!’

“Well Zelo is always asking to borrow your notes,” Hyukjae excitedly pointed out.

“Yeah that’s only because he doesn’t bother making his own.” Kyuhyun told his friends.

“Maybe he does that so he can talk to you or something,” Sungmin said after a few minutes of thinking. “We are not cutting his name off…. Now the next two names need not be considered.”

“Why?” Both Kyuhyun and Hyukjae asked at the same time.

“Because the next on list are Choi Minhwan and Choi Jonghun of 2D. And the rumors are that you find these two ing like hardcore bunnies at every chance they get.” Sungmin explained.

“Yeah they are so much in love that they can’t get enough of each other. Super cute, right?” Hyukjae asked with a blissful sigh.

“You are wishing and imagining that you and Donghae are like that right?” Kyuhyun asked with a smirk and got an absent minded nod in return. “ert!!”

“Anyhow,” Sungmin loudly interrupted his friend’s daydreams. “By cutting these two…. That means only one candidate from class 2 which is Zelo. So the first name from class 3A is Choi Seunghyun aka TOP.”

“What is with people and their nicknames?!?!” Kyuhyun finally snapped after hearing the real name of their senior who they had been calling Top Hyung for last two years now.

“He is definitely a strong candidate because he has some serious love for cute things. And remember how the admirer called Kyu cute in that letter,” Hyukjae put forward his observation.

Sungmin nodded at his friend and readily moved on to the next person. “Now last but definitely not the least….,” Sungmin gave a dramatic pause which made Kyuhyun roll his eyes. “Choi Siwon.”

That made Kyuhyun nearly pop his eyes out. The trio looks at each other a couple of time and all three of them agreed that no matter what but the Prince was way out of their league.

“Can you imagine CHOI SIWON jumping up and down in happiness?” Sungmin asked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter