1/1

Three's (not) A Crowd

Three's (not) A Crowd

 

A not so silent sigh parted Sehun's dry lips as he settled onto one of the few available seats in the bus, his worn-out bag abandoned on his lap. He feels a weight resting on his shoulders, rejection still fresh in his memory and his brows knitted in a frown that was beginning to make his head throb. He pursed his lips as his gaze stared off out the window, nearly breaking down into unmanly sobs that would cause too much attention. It's too much, though; Sehun is so tired. He knows he should be stronger, have faith and believe that he could do it but how much more can a man take? How much more can he take? His chest weighed a ton and he had to bite down onto his bottom lip to stop himself from letting a sob escape. He should hold on a little bit more. This isn't just about him but his family.

Sehun wasn't aware of how long it took for him to reach home, struggling to get off the bus because it was peak hour, and everyone's coming home from work. For a second, as he made his way through packed bodies in the bus to get off it, Sehun envied those tired faces of men and women waking up everyday to get to work. He envied the fact that they probably have a stable income. What wouldn't he do to get himself a decent job? He would do just about anything to get a job, so he could feed his family, so he could feed himself. Sehun sighed again as he finally made it out of the bus, staring as it drove away to send the other passengers home. Tomorrow will be another day like today, but he hopes it would end with a better note.

He hopes he would pass his job interview next time he goes for one.

Clutching his bag to his side, Sehun made his way back to the place he's called home for the past two years ever since he got married. It isn't anything big, enough for two, a place his mother-in-law would never step a foot in but as long as his family is sheltered, Sehun thinks it's okay. It's a long walk from town to his home, so he took another twenty minutes walking, stopping by a shop to get his husband and son little treats. He smiled upon the sight of a toy that his son, little Minguk, would probably like, checking its price before he makes sure he has enough to pay for all. A smile quickly stretched at his lips as he realized that he had more than enough, happily paying for it and thanking the ahjumma before proceeding home.

There's nothing like the joy of being able to see both the men he loves smile and laugh, the happiness that filled him up enough to bring tears to his eyes. Sehun thinks he would lose the whole reason of his existence if one of them was to leave him, having made them the only people that matter in his life. Baekhyun was the best thing that had happened to him, and taking Minguk into the family completed it into a whole. Perhaps many would say that they shouldn't have taken Minguk into their care, seeing they weren't financially stable to support themselves. But if they had seen the shine in Minguk's eyes the first time he was placed in Baekhyun's arms, they would know how it is to hold a child they never thought they could have. Minguk was that one thing Baekhyun and Sehun needed in their marriage, and neither of them would ever regret ever bringing Minguk into the family.

Sehun's feeling lighter as he continued his journey home, the plastic bag containing Minguk's toy and Baekhyun's favorite snacks in one hand. His house is just around the corner and he couldn't wait to reach home and take the boys in his arms. Sehun found himself smiling, hurried steps making his way towards where he could already see the outline of their house. He almost quickened his pace until he heard someone calling out his name, the voice too familiar he actually hesitated before turning too acknowledge it.

No doubt, he knew exactly who the voice had belonged to, the weight that had lifted slightly resting again both on his chest and his shoulders. Sehun held his breath as he turned his head, his gaze first met with Jongin's signature grin as the tanned man approached him.

It's hard to remember that they were once best friends, reaching for the same dreams and achieving the same goals. Sehun couldn’t recall a day that he had spent as a child without Jongin next to him; always together as if glued by the hips. They were in the same soccer team, same classes, same neighbourhood, had the same problems. What happened for Sehun to be this poor and Jongin to be that rich? Hadn't they held hands as they surged forward? Sehun could ask similar questions over and over, hoping he would find a different answer but each one is the same. What happened? Baekhyun happened.

Had Jongin not fall in love with the same boy Sehun had, they would probably be living their dreams together instead of Jongin living it up on his own and Sehun stuck in poverty. But should Sehun have let Baekhyun go, when Baekhyun had chosen him and not Jongin? Jongin had a million dollar contract to sign, his career determined by just his signature and he had signed it, without informing Sehun. And Baekhyun, son of Korea's richest businessman, could have chosen Jongin because Jongin has a career, Jongin is a model and Jongin could make him happier but he showed up on Sehun's porch crying and saying he would never have chosen anyone else.

Should Sehun have let Baekhyun go?

No, he shouldn't. Baekhyun wanted him, Baekhyun chose him. But why does it feel as though Baekhyun shouldn't have?

"It's been ages since I saw you, Sehun." Jongin spoke, breaking Sehun's thoughts that have led astray. His voice is different, unlike the tone he had used the last time they saw each other, fighting over another boy. Jongin looked different, too. Maybe it's the age. But he shouldn't be over twenty-five.

Sehun flashed him the briefest of smiles, nodding in acknowledgement. "It has. How are things with you, Jongin?"

"It's Kai," Jongin was quick to correct Sehun but he doesn't let Sehun respond as he continued, the same smile playing at his lips. "Everything is going great for me. It's almost too good to be true. What about you, though? What about Baekhyun?"

He doesn't miss the way Jongin- Kai's eyes travelled down from his less decent shirt to his worn out jeans, his bag that he had owned since freshman year in high school and literally picked by Jongin himself. Sehun cleared his throat, angry at being humiliated and judged by the person who used to be his best friend, but he managed to stay calm and only nodded. "Baekhyun and I are doing great as well, Kai. We're happy. I guess that's all that matters, right?"

Jongin frowned, pursed his lips and shrugged his shoulders. "I guess. But have you ever wondered, though? Have you ever wondered if Baekhyun would be happier if he had chosen me? I mean, look at me. And look at you." His high school best friend stepped closer, a smirk curling at his lips as he eyed Sehun down. "You have to remember that, Sehun. Remember that he could have been happier, but you're the reason he's stuck in this place."

He's stuck in this place.

 

His throat closed up and it hurt when he swallowed the lump that kept forming, heart racing and chest heavy. Jongin's words replayed over and over in his head, and it's so hard to hold back the sob that threatened to leave his lips but he had to. He had to be strong, because he's going home and he's going to meet the sunrays of his life and they're gonna want to see him smile. But smiling hurts his face and he decided he shouldn't bother; Baekhyun would understand.

When Sehun reached the gates of his house, he was first greeted with the high pitched squeal that could only belong to Minguk, followed by Baekhyun's unmistakable series of chuckles that Sehun knew so well. His babies appeared from inside the house, one screaming 'Appa' as he ran towards Sehun and another wearing a smile Sehun had fallen in love with. On instinct and like a routine, Sehun crouched down just enough to catch Minguk into his arms, lifting the boy up so Baekhyun could clutch on his forearm as he tiptoed just enough for his lips to meet Sehun's cheek in a soft peck.

Sehun could feel the weight on his chest lift up once again as he gripped onto Minguk tighter so he could follow Baekhyun down to lean in for another kiss, his lips soft against Sehun's.

There's pink that tinged Baekhyun's cheeks as he continued to smile at Sehun, mountain-shaped lips stretched into an upward curve that shamed all the stars and the sun and the moon. And it's crazy because just awhile ago, the task of smiling alone seemed impossible but now Sehun's cheeks hurt because he was grinning so much. How could Jongin ever doubt that happiness was all that matter? How could Sehun ever let Jongin's words affect him? Jongin's life is easy and he's fortunate, but Sehun's happier. Sehun's happier.

Baekhyun's still smiling as he spoke, a hand reaching out to playfully pinch at Minguk's chubby cheek. "Welcome home, Sehunnie. We missed appa so much."

"Appa's sorry," Sehun muttered almost silently, the reminder of failing yet another job interview made him feel guilty, almost like a failure to the two people that depended on him. He released a soft sigh as he adjusted Minguk in his arms before crouching just enough for Baekhyun to get on him. "Get on my back."

Baekhyun didn't need to be told twice, having gotten used to this even before they marry and easily hopping onto Sehun’s back for a piggyback ride. Sehun smiled at the reflection in the mirror before them, noticing how Baekhyun never lost his smile even as he tilted his head and gazed at Sehun in the mirror questioningly. Sehun thinks Baekhyun is perfect and so is the baby in his arms. Sure that Baekhyun is secured and Minguk won't be falling off his arms, Sehun made his way to the bathroom in silence.

Even as he carefully placed Minguk down and Baekhyun hopped off his back, they were silent and Baekhyun didn't ask any questions. Sehun carefully pulled Minguk's clothes off before placing the boy in the tub, turning on the water tap and adding soap in it. As the water filled the tub and Minguk squealed and giggled at the bubbles forming, Sehun's eyes caught Baekhyun's, who sat atop the toilet lid with his legs dangling aa he watched Sehun work on settling their son. Sehun grinned at the pink that still stained Baekhyun's cheeks. He took his time getting rid of his shirt and jeans, noticing the way Baekhyun's pink cheeks reddened and it made him want to pull Baekhyun for a kiss because he could have seen Sehun without clothes for another decade and still blushed.

Minguk gurgled and giggled louder as the water and bubbles increase, causing both Sehun and Baekhyun to laugh. After shedding the last piece of cloth off his body, Sehun went over to undo Baekhyun's set of clothes, pulling his husband into the tub to join Minguk. At this, their two year old child giggled again, clapping his chubby hands together in excitement upon seeing that his parents are bathing with him. Poor child, he must not remember if Sehun had ever spend times like this for a simple family bath, his appa being out most of the time for (eventually) failed job interviews. Sehun took this opportunity to kiss Minguk's chubby cheek, laughing again as he began to play the bubbles with his son and Baekhyun joined just shortly after.

Sehun found great joy in the sound of Minguk's baby laughter and Baekhyun's chuckles, found himself gazing at them with all the love he could master as Baekhyun dried Minguk off with a towel, about a half an hour later. He thinks he's about the luckiest man on Earth, to be gifted with such wonderful beings and he's close to shedding a tear when Baekhyun smiled adorably at him, saying that he'd go to prepare dinner before leaving Sehun to get dressed.

 

Baekhyun made him his favorite kimchi soup, all ready and nicely prepared on the dining table. Sehun rewarded Baekhyun with a quick peck on the lips, taking a seat between Minguk's high chair and Baekhyun. He didn't know he was starving until he heard the low rumbling in his stomach, grinning sheepishly when Baekhyun chuckled at him, obviously had heard it as well. His husband scooped rice into his bowl, that same pink smile adorning his lips and Sehun only realized that Baekhyun had never lost that smile even when they've run out of rice to eat. He wished he could be as strong.

Minguk gurgled and clapped his hands again, demanding for Sehun to feed him with his portion of the food and Sehun grinned as he did just that. The baby nodded in approval after he had the first spoon of rice, grinning at Baekhyun then Sehun before he pointed at Sehun's rice bowl. Baekhyun chuckled, his nose scrunching up in that adorable way of his that made him look a lot more cuter than Minguk is. Sehun had to bite at his tongue so he would stop smiling.

But Minguk is a stubborn kid, much like Sehun himself is. He found himself frowning a little too soon as Minguk began whining, shaking his head every time Sehun gestured to feed him the rice and tiny hands reaching out to grab Sehun's spoon. It was obvious that Minguk wanted to feed himself, but Sehun also knew that allowing it would result in a mess; Minguk would only end up playing with his food. So Sehun only continued to try and feed him, which in the end resulted in the inevitable; Minguk began to cry.

Panicked, Sehun spoke in a sing song voice in hopes it would calm the baby, but Minguk's cries grew louder and Sehun didn't know what to do. He turned towards his only rescue only to see Baekhyun laughing, getting off his seat and going around to pick Minguk up. The baby shuts up almost immediately, burying his face into Baekhyun's shoulder.

"It's okay, honey. I'll handle it." Baekhyun smiled sweetly, leaning down to place another soft kiss onto Sehun's cheek. "You finish up the soup, okay? Minguk's probably sleepy so I'll let him take a nap."

Sehun breathed a sigh of relief, returning his husband's smile as he nodded. "I'll save some for you, then."

Baekhyun shook his head, smiling still as a hand reached out to pat Sehun's cheek. "It's alright. It's all yours. I'll cook something real quick if you feel like having midnight supper. I'll go bring Minguk inside, okay? I'll be back soon."

With that, Sehun watched as Baekhyun disappeared into the living room, where soon he could hear Minguk laughing and playing, figured that it was too late for nap time anyway. He chuckled, shaking his head as he continued his meal. It only made sense that Minguk would prefer Baekhyun, and it's okay, because Sehun didn't think he could take care of a baby as well as Baekhyun could. He'll let Baekhyun be the Eomma, he'll do the other (less) stressful work as a father. And first, he needs a job. Baekhyun's savings isn't going to be there forever.

His husband didn't return because he had to take care of Minguk, so Sehun had to finish up his meal alone. Baekhyun called out to leave the bowls in the sink, but Sehun figured the least he could do was wash the dishes. Baekhyun had been the best husband to Sehun, fulfilling his needs with a willing heart and taking his responsibilities as a house-spouse seriously. He had been the best father for Minguk, too, and Sehun made a mental note to save up enough to bring Baekhyun and Minguk for a vacation in the future; Baekhyun definitely deserves one.

It was almost eight when Sehun thought he should bring his family out for a night walk. It's not too cold outside so it should be fine. Still, Baekhyun wrapped Minguk in multiple layers of sweaters, complete with gloves as he did the same with himself. Sehun wanted to laugh when his husband left the room looking like a ball of fluff in his layers of clothes, a smaller version of him in his arms, but instead he only grinned and offered a hand for Baekhyun to take. The shorter male flashed him a toothy grin as he clasped a hand with Sehun's, handing Minguk over into Sehun's arms instead.

They walked hand in hand to the nearest park, enjoying the cool breeze of the wind and watching Minguk ran in his baby steps ahead of them, either Sehun or Baekhyun occasionally surging forward whenever the child strayed too far. It had been weeks since Sehun brought the two boys out, always exhausted when he's home from multiple job interviews and he made sure to apologize to both Baekhyun and Minguk. Baekhyun said it's okay, he understands but it doesn't stop Sehun from feeling guilty.

Minguk got tired of walking and for the first time in days, he reached his arms up for Sehun to carry him. There's a sense of being wanted whenever Minguk looks for him and he turned to beam at his husband, whose smile still grazed his lips as he hooked a hand over Sehun's arm and they continued to walk until Baekhyun pulled them to sit by a bench, overlooking the horizon of the sea not very far from them. It's getting colder and Sehun was glad Baekhyun had foreseen it and put Minguk in enough clothes for him not to catch a cold.

They stayed in silence save for the sounds of Minguk's baby voice, mumbling incoherent words that Sehun couldn’t understand and that Baekhyun responded to as if he speaks the same language. Sehun smiled, wondered if Baekhyun does understand. He is, even at twenty-four, still a baby after all. Baekhyun's small smile widened when Sehun took his free hand, the taller lifting it up to kiss the back of it.

"I love you," Sehun broke the silence in a voice just above a whisper, lacing his fingers with Baekhyun's and squeezing Baekhyun's hand a little before he held it on his lap. Minguk giggled and he did the most adorable thing that he does in which he blinked his eyes repeatedly, though for whatever reason Sehun's not sure. Sehun laughed and Baekhyun chuckled, pecking Minguk's cheek in soft kisses.

"Eomma, Appa," Minguk blurted out, the two words blurred into one, causing Sehun's eyes to enlarge and Baekhyun to gasp. The two adults glanced at each other before Baekhyun took his hand back from Sehun's hold to cover his mouth, eyes glassy but grinning still. Sehun couldn’t hold back his choked laughter, the joy of knowing their son had learned how to speak overwhelming him.

Scooting closer to the baby, Sehun cupped his chubby cheeks to kiss his nose and his cheeks and his chin, cheering a little too loud. Minguk only giggled. "Appa's baby is so clever now, isn't he?" Sehun spoke to Minguk, taking the boy's tiny hand in his much larger one. "You're growing up so well. Appa is so proud of you."

"So is Eomma," Baekhyun half sobbed, pressing a smooch on Minguk's cheek before giving Sehun one as well.

It's amazing, really, and Sehun thinks he finally understood what his parents had meant when they say that children are miracles and he finally realized how happy his parents had been when he was growing up. He wished he hadn't terribly disappointed them.

Sehun took both the men he loves into his arms, staring off at the moon above the horizon and the stars that twinkled. He's grinning so much his cheeks are hurting and he took this moment to talk to Minguk, didn't matter that he might not understand. "Minguk-ah, can you see the stars and the moon in the sky? They are always going to be there, to watch over you when eomma and appa can't anymore."

"Sehun," Baekhyun stopped him from continuing, but Sehun had something to say and now is as good time as any, so he shook his head and told Baekhyun that it's okay. Minguk will understand.

He smiled at the way Minguk gazed up in awe, not used to seeing the twinkling stars and the shine of the moon because he's still so new to the world and Sehun hopes he's listening. "Don't be sad when we can't be with you anymore, because in a way, we'll always be around. Look at that horizon, it's endless and what lies beyond it is our future. Appa and eomma will grow old, and then it'll be your turn to take care of us."

Sehun paused, pressing another kiss onto Minguk's cheek, but this time his eyes locked with Baekhyun's. "You have to take care of Eomma and don't make him sad. Because eomma sacrificed the most, for me, for you, for us. And even though we're not a normal family, and someone, someday, will ask you why had your eomma sacrificed the most since he isn't even a girl to start with, you're gonna tell them that they will never understand and that they won't have to. You might also want to add that they'll never have an eomma as amazing as yours."

At that last bit, Baekhyun choked out a laugh followed by a little sniffle, free hand going out to wipe at the corner of his eyes. That same hand reached out to caress the side of Sehun's face, an adoring smile grazing his lips as he gazed at Sehun dreamily. It's that look that Sehun loved most; the way Baekhyun's eyes shine with a sparkle and his lips stretched into a full grin, not just out of happiness but also love and admiration and Sehun's satisfied to know that all of those was for him. Sehun leaned in just enough to peck Baekhyun's lips above a giggling Minguk.

"And you know what, Minguk-ah? Appa will do anything, anything at all to make Minguk and eomma the happiest."

"Sehun," Baekhyun spoke again, chuckling a little as he bit back a sob. "You're going to make me cry if you continue."

Minguk's giggling stopped and he raised his head just enough to look at Baekhyun, lips curling into a frown when he heard that his eomma was going to cry. Baekhyun panicked, shaking his head and quickly assuring the boy that he won't cry.

Sehun laughed, gaining the baby's attention. "We don't want eomma to cry, right? If we don't want eomma to cry, we must kiss eomma!" He cheered, making Minguk giggle again.

The laugh that leaves Baekhyun's lips sounded a lot like heavenly bells, and Sehun thinks he fell in love all over again as his husband closed his eyes and waited for his boys to kiss his cheeks. Minguk was the first to place a peck onto Baekhyun's cheek and Sehun followed suit. Baekhyun chuckled again, puckering his lips in that adorable way of his before he lifted his shoulders and scrunched up his nose, the show only for Sehun to see.

(and when Minguk looked away again, Sehun stole another kiss, a little deeper, a little longer).

 

The clock struck eleven when they reached home, Baekhyun gasping because it's well past Minguk's bedtime and hurrying to the kitchen while mumbling incoherently. Sehun took the initiative to help Minguk sleep, carrying the already whining baby to his room. Minguk's room was a simple small space with his crib by the window and a box of his toys on the other side of the room. Sehun was planning to expand it for when he grows older.

"Sehun, honey! Can you help Minguk to sleep? I need to get this call." Baekhyun called out from the kitchen, voice loud enough for Sehun to hear. He called out an 'okay' and closed the door to the room, beginning to try and calm Minguk down a little.

Minguk's lips are frowning as he tried to break free from Sehun's arms, a series of whines leaving his mouth as he reached his arms out towards the door. Sehun repeatedly hushed the baby, cooing in what he hopes is his cute voice and wishing for Minguk to like him enough to make this easier. He sighed as Minguk's voice grew louder, rocking the baby in his arms and humming a lullaby his mother used to sing to him when he was a child. It didn't seem to work.

As Sehun's patience grew thinner, Minguk's cries grew stronger. He almost pleaded the baby not to cry and sleep instead. He needed the sleep himself; he had to be up at nine tomorrow for his next interview. For a second or two, Sehun wondered how Baekhyun does it all, from when Minguk wakes up to when he eats and when he's upset to bed time like this. But then again, Sehun doubts that Minguk would make much noise when it comes to Baekhyun. They say a child is closest to his mother when at Minguk's age.

The door creaked open and Baekhyun poked his head in, quietly getting into the room with a bottle of milk and almost as silently closing the door behind him. His signature square grin was back on his lips as he noticed the struggle that Sehun was facing, chuckling a little when Minguk saw him and cried harder, arms outstretched.

"Come, let me help." Baekhyun said, ready to take Minguk from Sehun's arms.

His husband was still smiling, but Sehun could see the exhaustion in his eyes and he thinks it's alright for him to do this at least once. He shook his head, flashing Baekhyun a small smile before taking the milk bottle from his husband and attempted to make Minguk drink. The baby's cries only grew louder, shaking his head in an aggressive way of saying no. He kept reaching out for Baekhyun, who kept his amused smile as he leaned against Minguk's crib, watching Sehun closely. His smile grew wider when they caught eyes and Sehun almost whined as well but he only pursed his lips to stop himself.

In the middle of his silent conversation with Baekhyun, Sehun hadn't noticed that the cries had stopped and the body in his arms had grown limp. He looked down to see that Minguk had fallen asleep, his cute little nose shiny with tears. Sehun had to bite back a chuckle at his son's adorableness and when Baekhyun came closer, he clamped his lips together, making sure he wouldn't speak to loud.

"He looks like you," He said, and Baekhyun tilted his head adorably, gazing at Sehun with that same shine in his eyes. "Look at his button nose, just like yours. And his lips and his cheeks. He looks like you."

Baekhyun's chuckle was almost unmanly, resting his head against Sehun's shoulder as they both studied their son's features. "I believe it happens when a baby spends the times after he was born with someone who actually isn't his parent."

Sehun scoffed playfully, "What are you on about, Mr. Oh? We're the only parents he would ever know. And you'll be the better of the two. Of course he would look like you. I want him to look like you."

"He'll grow up very handsome, like you." Baekhyun said, almost flirtily and Sehun's reminded of the night they first met. "But he'll also be really adorable, like me."

The taller of the two snickered, carefully placing Minguk down into his crib. "He must have your cheeks. It's always adorable when the cheeks are a little chubby."

Baekhyun faked a gasp and smacked Sehun's chest playfully, but unable to bite back the smile that was quick to form on his lips. "Hey, I'm not chubby. I don't have chubby cheeks."

"Says you," It didn't matter that it earned him another smack, because after that he gets to pull Baekhyun for a kiss and this time Minguk won't be stopping them.

 

Sehun had long forgotten the last time he had showered alone with his husband, so when they finally get to shower together again (this time without Minguk), it was nice. How could one ever tire of the beauty that Baekhyun carries, from top to toe and inside out, bare skin or with clothes? Sehun's the luckiest man on earth, to be able to love and be loved by such a beautiful soul, to hold and be held, to make him smile and make him laugh and he reminds himself that he should never forget this fortune that has fallen unto him. Baekhyun's love for him is undying, endless and he shows it in the way he smiles up at Sehun as he tilted his head to the side, the way he kisses Sehun as if he's holding onto dear life and the way he supports every right decision that Sehun has ever made.

There shouldn't be any misfortune to land onto Baekhyun, but then he met Sehun and everything had to change.

He found himself seated on the edge of the bed after getting into his briefs and a worn out t-shirt, thinking about what Jongin had said earlier in the evening. Every word that left Jongin's mouth had screamed the truth, and he began to wonder if Baekhyun would be happier if he had chosen Jongin instead. Would he have adopted another child, someone else that isn't Minguk? His head was beginning to throb as he dived deeper into his thoughts, cut off from them only when he felt a dip on the bed behind him, and a pair of familiar hands begin to give his shoulders a massage.

Baekhyun leaned forward to place a kiss onto Sehun’s cheek, hands continued to give Sehun light massages. He's quiet when he spoke, almost hesitantly. "Honey, how did the job interview go?"

Sehun released a sigh, defeated and a little upset. At the silence, Baekhyun took a seat next to Sehun, taking the taller's hand in his as Sehun spoke. "I didn't get it. I'm sorry I keep failing you."

"Sshh," Baekhyun hushed him, shaking his head. "You've never failed me, Sehun. You've done so much for me and Minguk."

The taller male had to blink back a little, afraid he would shed a tear. "I saw Jongin today," At this, Baekhyun tensed a little, obviously haven't heard from Jongin for awhile. "He said things that made complete sense, Baek. What if- What if you would be happier if you had chosen him instead? What if he could give everything you want that I can't give?"

The older male shook his head again, a little faster this time as he got off the bed to kneel before Sehun, hands clasped on Sehun's knee. "Sehun, baby, I have made mistakes in the past that I cannot undo, but choosing you was not one of them. I never regretted my decisions and if time rewinds, I would still choose you. I will always choose you. Jongin promised me wealth, but you loved me. You love me and I love you. Love worths more than wealth, Sehun. Nobody else could ever give me the kind of happiness that you do."

Sehun would like to blame the dust, or the pent up emotions that had been tormenting him since his job interview failed, but he couldn't deny the fact that it was only Baekhyun's words that had him unable to control his sobs any longer, releasing one as he pulled Baekhyun into his arms and repeatedly kissed his forehead.

I love you. I love you. I love you.

 

"Have you gotten everything you need for the interview?" Baekhyun was asking as Sehun shouldered his bag, handing the plastic that contained Baekhyun's snacks and Minguk's toy that he had forgotten to give the night before. Baekhyun's brows raised questioningly.

Sehun only nodded, putting on his shoes. "Everything ready. I have a good feeling about today's interview. Do you think this must be it?"

Baekhyun's smile was refreshing, brightening up the whole morning. "I know this must be it. I hope you get it, Sehun-ah. My good wishes are with you. And so are Minguk's. We'll be waiting for appa right here. And we'll miss you very much."

His cheeks were beginning to hurt again as he grinned at the way Baekhyun's smile reached his ears. There's that pink that tinged Baekhyun's cheeks as he smiled almost shyly at Sehun, head tilted a little as he lets Sehun kiss Minguk's cheek. He still had that shy smile as he tiptoed to place a kiss onto Sehun’s lips. Sehun had a hard time parting from his husband and child, walking off towards town where he would take the bus. Before disappearing around the corner, he ce again to wave goodbye to his family.

Sehun definitely has a good feeling for today's interview.

 

Mr. Park says he starts next Monday.

 

A/N: Because we all need more domestic sebaek. And Minguk.