Performance [Idol]

Innocent Bambi

 

“You’re a member of a Korean girl group and you perform Volume Up on stage, and he, along with his EXO bandmates, react to it.”

Disclaimer: I don’t own the song used.

- - -

 

     “Luhan, you seriously need to chill,” Xiumin tried snapping his fingers in front of his band mate’s face to snap him out of his daze, but to no avail. Sighing in defeat, Xiumin sunk back into his seat. “V3NUS doesn’t perform for another five minutes.”

 

     The leader of EXO-M only patted Xiumin’s shoulder a couple of times, letting out a laugh. “Let him be. He’s just as lovestruck as he could get.”

 

     “Only because [Name]’s my girlfriend, genius,” Luhan sneered. “This is the first time the girls ever performed this song since it hasn’t been released yet, and it’s the first time I ever saw [Name] perform. Clearly, I’m going to wonder how this is going to work out.”

 

     “Oh, Luhan,” Kris grinned at the clueless male. “If you ever listened to V3NUS before, you’d probably figure this song’s going to be about music in general while they wear some cutesy outfits. Your girlfriend’s a part of a cute girl group. It’s pretty clear by their old songs, and it won’t be any different.”

 

     Followed by a laugh from Kai, a member of EXO-K, he shouts from the other side of the table. “And how exactly did you know that?”

 

     Kris paused for a moment and thought about what he had said. Blinking a couple of times, the man pursed his lips and shrugged, almost as if he were to say that he wasn’t even going to try to make up an excuse.

 

     It was true when Luhan said that this was the first time he watched you perform on stage. Ever. This was the first time he ever listened to you sing in general, since you two had met during your pre-debut days and he was always busy with his own group. He never really focused on the type of songs you and your band mates, Ailee and Hyuna, produced, and thanks to Kris, he had an idea of what Volume Up was going to be about. Still, it would be a surprise for him to see you performing in front of him for the first time, and since EXO was at a table right in front of the stage, he would have a clear view of you.

 

     Then it was finally time for V3NUS to shine on the stage. As Luhan and his band mates began cheering along with the audience, the intro song began playing. Theatrical smoke began making its way onto the stage, yet [Name], Hyuna, and Ailee were nowhere to be seen just yet. Luhan already had a nervous feeling in the pit of his stomach as he shuffled around in his seat. It was still pitch black, and clearly it wasn’t helping his uneasiness.

 

     The saxophone began playing with red lights illuminating the stage. The back-up dancers were already lifting themselves from the floor. Making their way toward the smoke, Hyuna revealed herself, then came Ailee, then came you, the three of you clad in a long black and red dress with a matching look.

 

     Hyuna began singing her part first as you, Ailee, and the back-up dancers were on either sides of her, performing the same dance move as she was doing. It didn’t take long for her to finish singing her second line. Then came your part.

 

     Hyuna bent down so that you would be revealed, just as she rehearsed. Lights came on from behind you to enhance your entrance. There you stood, looking as enchanting as ever. As you held the mic up close to your lips, you began singing the lines, performing a rather suggestive-looking dance even as this part was brief.

 

     Luhan widened his eyes in shock, ignoring the hoots and light punches on the shoulder coming at him from his band mates. The song was definitely not how Kris described how he thought it would be, and this side of you was definitely not a side Luhan had seen before. In fact, it was completely different... but in a good way.

 

     After occupying himself with the performance, all he could do was gawk at you in amazement everywhere you went on the stage, and before he knew it, the song had ended. Luhan blinked and smiled as his band mates made even more comments on the performance... even Kris, who was just as surprised as Luhan was.

 

     So when EXO was finally allowed backstage, Luhan was the first one through the doors. He scanned around the room until he spotted you in a conversation with your band mates. Without checking if the rest of EXO caught up with him, Luhan ran over to you and tackled you in an embrace, surprising you to the fullest.

 

     You laughed, wrapping your arms around his waist and pulling him closer to you. “So, what did you think of our performance?”

 

     “It was amazing, baobei,” Pulling away from you, Luhan grinned and placed a kiss on your forehead, wrapping his arms around your waist. “I’m proud of you and your band mates. You guys blew our minds.”

 

    Then Ailee made her way over to you and Luhan, the both of you turning to face her. She gave you two a smirk. “So, this is the famous boyfriend of my little [Name], hm?”

 

     “He is,” You grinned, looking up at Luhan and lightly pinching his cheek, much to his discomfort. “Cute, isn’t he?”

 

     Luhan groaned in response, rubbing his cheek with his free hand. “Yah... [Name], I’m not cute.”

 

     “I think we can all agree on one thing,” Chanyeol butted in. He wrapped his arm around Luhan’s shoulder and ruffled his hair. “V3NUS isn’t cute anymore. Now, they’re y like us.”

     Luhan playfully rolled his eyes. Squeezing your waist, he rested his chin on top of your head. “Then I guess I got myself a y one.”