1 - of roles and casts

Who's that Girl ?!

It was just another (boring) day at their dorm. They just had their comeback and was again on hiatus. All of them had nothing to do; no programs had offered them roles or guesting appearances. Eat, sleep, train, practice, rest, rest, rest and eat; that’s what they only do. They were actually wishing for a miracle to happen, that a day would come where their manager steps in from the door and say ‘hey boys, you’ve been given an assignment to work on!’ But days passed; days turned to weeks and weeks turned into a month. They thought that they would spend their leave doing nothing; that is until one fateful day…

All seven of them were just lounging in the living room when suddenly their manager came in. They thought that the visit was not of importance; just him checking if they were still alive and sane. But when their manager called them for a meeting in the said room, they knew that something was up. “Hey boys, you’ve been given an assignment to work on!”

All of them were gaping like fishes. Their prayers had been answered! ‘Finally!!!’, that’s what they all thought. Their manager couldn’t help but to chuckle seeing the excited faces of the idols.

“What show we will be in?!” (Sunggyu)

“Will there be girls in it? (Woohyun)

“Yeah! But no more scary noonas.” (Hoya)

Their manager was attacked with questions after questions. Some were also conversing with others to approve to some of their opinions. With the noise, he knew that he won’t be able to inform them properly about the show, so he silenced all of them before continuing.

“The show will be run by you, meaning it will be your show…” cheers were heard. “…The show will be called ‘Who’s that girl?’ ...

” “So we will be like judging girls based on their beauty?” (Myungsoo)

“Or maybe we will host a beauty transformation program!” (Sungyeol)

“Oh oh oh, I know! Maybe we will be picking who’s a real girl among the boys who will be cross-dressing!” (Dongwoo)

“Close, but no.” Their manager turned to the maknae who had been quiet all the time and seemed to be enjoying the childishness of his hyungs. “Actually, even though this will be your show, it will mostly be Sungjong’s show.”

“Weeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!”

“’Who’s that girl’ will be about a male idol, that is you Sungjong, that will be disguising as a girl and attending a co-ed school for a month without being caught. Before any of you say anything, let me continue. The idol’s members will be the supporting cast, the supposed girl’s family, of which none should be caught also. All of you will be living on Jeju island for a month acting as an ordinary family. That is all. Any violent reactions?” As he expected, the room was once more filled with noise.

“Wait! One by one! Raise your hand and wait for your turn to be acknowledged.” He spotted the maknae raising his hand with a pitiful look. ‘ Of course, this will be hard for him.’ “Sungjong.”

“Hyung, why does it have to be me? Can’t it be Myungsoo-hyung or Sungyeol-hyung instead?”

“Well you are the most girly-looking and prettiest among all of them. Besides, I believe that with you, we could actually pull this off.”

“I’m not so sure about this, hyung. I know that I am pretty and girly, as most people say I am, but I’m not just certain if it will be enough to not get caught within a month. I believe that I still look very manly!” he said with much pride.

“eeeeeeyyyyyyyyy!!!” all of the hyungs said in unison.

“Not to offend you Sungjongie but have you seen your photos about the time you danced Orange Caramel’s Magic Girl? You look like a real girl! Heck, the first time I saw it I couldn’t actually believe that it was you.”

“But that was because the stylist noona was very good in doing my hair and make-up. I don’t know a thing about those and I’m guessing that there wouldn’t be any stylist noonas allowed to help us.”

“Well, um… yes. That is one of the show’s rule, you will have to do everything to make your ‘family’ look like a real family. But I bet you can still look like a girl even if your hair is styled simple and you without wearing any make-up. Here let me fix your hair. Turnaround from your hyungs.” Their manager proceeded in styling Sungjong’s hair in two low pigtails, clipping his bangs with a pink flower clip.

“Now for the reveal, you boys ready to see your lovable maknae transform into a girl?”

“Is he even that pretty? He is cute but to pass off as a girl, that maybe just impossible hyung.” (Sunggyu)

“See for yourself.” He then commanded to Sungjong to face them. As he had expected; the youngest was beautiful and very girly-looking. The other six members just sat, staring with mouths agape. They couldn’t believe that this ‘girl’ looking at them is their Sungjongie; they know he is girly-looking but they didn’t believe it would reach to an extent that he could actually be recognized as a girl. ‘Is this really our maknae?’ all of them thought in unison.

“Sungjongie… are you sure you’re not a girl or even a hermaphrodite?”

“Yah! Hoya hyung! I am a male and I am 100% sure of it!”

“Woah… if you were actually a girl, I would really want to date you.” Then their manager spoke up again.

“Now that the daughter and main cast has been settled, I will now announce who will cast the other roles of your ‘family’.” He paused for a moment to look at the casting list of the script.

“Okay…. for the father role we have, of course, Kim Sunggyu. Nam Woohyun will be his wife, meaning the mother. Lee Howon will act as the first born of the couple and the husband of Jang Dongwoo that will be pregnant. Lee Sungyeol will be the second child of the Woogyu couple while Kim Myungsoo will be the third child. Lee Sungjong will be the maknae and the only ‘girl’ of the family. Understood?” the manager sighed again as complaints and unsatisfied remarks filled the room. “I will call you one by one so please keep it down.”

The room became silent but the annoyed faces of the idols remained. “Kim Sunggyu, questions?”

“Will I have to act all lovey dovey to Woohyun? I think it will not be a good sight to see.”

“Well you don’t have to act like love birds all the time but of course you have to act it out with Woohyun. And for your statement, many Woogyu shippers would love the way you act with Woohyun. I mean the show intentionally partnered you with according to the most shipped otp s of Infinite. Fans would go crazy I tell you after watching only one episode!”

“Oh…” was all Sunggyu can say. He knew about the Woogyu shippers. ‘But how to act like a husband?’

“Woohyun?” their manager pulled him out of his thinking. “Nothing… except for one thing, will we be given lessons or tutorials or something to prepare for these roles? Because I don’t know anything about being a wife or about makeups and girly fashion!”

“You will be trained, don’t worry. We all do understand that all of you will need training for this show to be a success. Acting out your roles will give you all a hard time, we know, especially Sungjong and Dongwoo.” Dongwoo suddenly perked up.

“Ah… about my role hyung, do I really need to be knocked up?”

“Yes. The director said that you being pregnant would cause the ‘family’ and your and Howon’s role more convincing.”

“Seeing me pregnant will be awkward…ha ha ha” Dongwoo said dryly.

“Seeing me taking care of you who’s supposed to be pregnant will be awkward too…” Hoya added.

“And us seeing both of you act with one another in that way will be funny for all of us… hahahahahahahahhahaaa” Sungyeol said laughing.

The others soon joined laughing. “You know, even if this show is the craziest show we could ever participate in, I think I will enjoy being a cast of it.” (Myungsoo)

“Agreed” All of the other 6 said in unison.

‘Maybe accepting this show wasn’t so bad at all…. But I wonder if they will change their mind when their acting lessons starts… ‘

******************************^v****************************** INFINITE **************

PREVIEW

“ No! I would not, no, I would NEVER do that!"

“Are you insane?! Why should I even wear that! I mean how can anyone even wear that! I won’t wear it!"

“This is so hard hyung!!! Its so heavy!!!!!"

“Are you sure this is how we’re supposed to act like?! This is so ughh… This is so gay hyung!”

“This is…..very awkward.” “I think I’m regretting this…”

“Hyung!!!”