part one: Hands

Details about you

 



 

Yoongi loves Hoseok's hands: his long, slim fingers, the soft caramel skin stretching from his wrists to his knuckles, his round perfectly cut nails... He catches himself staring whenever the younger writes lyrics or eats, the way his fingers curl around the pen or chopsticks absolutely mesmerizing him. He looks at the small muscles flex and tense with Hoseok's every move, and all Yoongi wants is to reach out and touch Hoseok's hands, take them in his own and feel their warmth, their strength. The younger boy's hands are larger than Yoongi's, and Yoongi has witnessed more than once the transition from affectionate hair-ruffling to violent shoves and punches. A bunch of boys all living together is bound to create problems now and then, but Hoseok never hit any of them whenever a disagreement would get more heated up than usual. Rather, it was always a wall or a desk that his fist slammed to, and once, their fridge. It still has four shallow dents from the impact of Hoseok's knuckles.

Knowing that hands as caring as Hoseok's can be quite the opposite when he wants to, is fascinating to Yoongi. The rare times that Hoseok explodes, Yoongi wishes he could wrap his hands around the younger's forearms, trace his tensed up flesh and cord-like tendons with his fingertips, tend to his bruised knuckles, absorb the heat radiating from the younger's adrenaline-flushed skin. But Yoongi never does that. He eyes Hoseok sharply and only shakes his head, forces those images to the back of his mind. A tiny voice in his head warns him persistently that, maybe, his thoughts about Hoseok are more indecent than he likes to believe.

 

Still, Yoongi has the rest of the time to use as he wants, to indulge in Hoseok's warm touch which is the complete opposite from Yoongi's own. Jimin is undoubtedly the most touchy in their group, but Hoseok follows closely behind. He never misses a chance to physically display his affection to the other members, to simply be there for them, close. Be it pinching their cheeks after a recording well done, massaging their stiff shoulders after a schedule-packed day, patting their butts after a productive evening dancing, or back-hugging them at the most impossible hours just because he's bored or a member is feeling down... Those, and a hundred gestures more that they have grown used to because it's Hoseok and this kind of behaviour is a given, and frankly they look forward to it. Especially Yoongi. It is not like him to seek for the comfort of Hoseok's hugs when he is down, or ask him for anything like that. He has his pride! He isn't like Taehyung to follow Hoseok like a lost puppy in need for affection, or Jimin who one moment complains about Hoseok touching him too much and the next he's purring for him to scratch that spot on his back he cannot reach.

Yoongi is nothing like that, and yet Hoseok knows just how comforting his touch is to the older boy. Yoongi loves the feel of the younger's hand sliding over his own if they happen to sit next to each other in the van, Hoseok knows. He can see Yoongi's lips curl upwards to a tiny smile, hear the soft sigh of content escaping his mouth before the older boy pulls his hoodie to hide his face or turns his head to the other side to start a deep conversation with the confused member sitting there. Hoseok doesn't mind, he has gotten used to his hyung's weird ways of showing his appreciation.

Yoongi is thankful to Hoseok for the little things he does, for gripping Yoongi's freezing palm securely and sharing his warmth with him. He envies Hoseok's seemingly never ending warmth, but at the same time he craves for it, because if he weren't so cold himself, Hoseok wouldn't share so freely, so willingly. Or perhaps... he would.

 

There are times that Yoongi feels an unidentified pang in his chest when thoughts like that take a hold of his mind. Yoongi isn't sure. He isn't sure whether Hoseok's hugs are tighter for him, whether his long fingers running through the tangled mess of Yoongi's hair were more careful or more meticulous than if it had been any other member in his place. Yoongi likes to believe that they are, that for Hoseok he is a tiny bit more special than the rest.

There are times that Yoongi ignores the annoying voice in his head, dreaming about firmly hugging Hoseok back instead, without worrying about his pride. About intertwining their fingers and Hoseok's knuckles softly, about those strong hands cupping his face and pulling him closer, Hoseok's thumbs caressing his cheekbones...