Chapter 4

Hopeless Crush

I quietly tip toed down to the living room, not wishing to wake my brother who is sleeping on the couch. He will probably ask where am I going with these fancy outfit. Huh, protective. When I almost reach the floor, a plushie toy suddenly land right on my head. Who the heck?!  I look upstairs and saw my mom was giggling upon seeing my condition . I then mouthed to my mom, 'what is this?'. 'Good luck!' My mom mouthed back. Wait, is she expecting me going on a date with a new boyfriend? No way! I won't cheat on Hanbin erk. I slowly walked to the front door and suddenly a voice shocken me from behind. "Where are you going?" .No ...don't spoil this. I started to whine in my mind. That very familiar voice that I know. It belongs to Lee Hyunwoo, my dearest brother. I started to mumble nonsense thar just increased my brother's curiousity. "Can you speak properly? Not like you don't have any teeth." Hyunwoo rolls his eyes, annoyed with my way of speaking. "I have teeth and it is more beautiful than yours!" I started to protest, smiling widely to show my shining white teeth. "Mine is better." "No mine is better."

"No uh."

"Yesss pft."

"Could you two stop with this little argue of teeth?"

At last this stupid argue stopped with the help of my sister. Just wasting my time urgh. Without a word, I leave the house as I saw the cab in front of my gate. Maybe the uncle got fed up with my lateness that he kept pressing the horn. "Sorry for the late, can you bring me to Rabbit's Cafe?" 

 

--

 

As I arrived at the cafe, I looked around to see wheather Dabin is around. I spotted a familiar sight at the corner of the cafe. He's not alone. My heart starts to whisper when I saw another human sitting beside him, all black and his face was covered with shades and a mask. "Hey" Dabin greeted me with his melting smile. Hot. I quickly shook my head, throwing the thoughts that playing on my mind from just now on. "Who's this?" I pointed to the guy in black who's sitting silently on the chair. Dabin just smile instead pulling a chair for me to sit. "Let me order the drinks, what do you like to have?" Dabin asked both of us? Maybe? Cuz he just look at me and not that strange guy. "Cappucino please." And with that he drift away to the counter. Maybe it will take such a long time cuz there's many people on que. I looked down to my feet and something stealing a glance to that strange guy. He was just looking out the window without saying a single thing. Sleeping maybe? "Hi." I try to start a conversation with him. He just turn his head so that he's facing me and it just gave me goosebumps. No respond. What? Is he deaf? "Urm, I am Dabin's friend, Nari. So, who are you?" I asked again, hoping for a respond. Cuz it looks crazy when I talk alone with a maybe-so-called deaf person. "I am..his brother." Familiar voice. So damn familiar. Oh nooooo could it be... "What is your name?" I tried to reset my mind with the thought of HANBIN. Silent. He don't give an answer instead just staring at me through his shades that I felt like shooting my face. I am damn curious right now. Because his voice was seriously alike Hanbin. What if he sings for me along with a piano and his Hanbin's voice. My crazy mind is on action. Aih, how could Hanbin have a time to spend with an ordinary person like me? Stop dreaming, Nari. "So, you are good at drawing?" That strange guy's voice brings me to reality. I was shock at first but then nodded slowly. How did he know about my skill? "Can you show me?" This strange guy is really a something. Luckily I brought my sketchbook along so I take it out and flip it to an empty page. I couldn't see his expression of looking at my masterpiece of Hanbin cuz his face was all covered off. Aish. "Can I draw you?" I asked for a permission and he just nodded. With that, I took out my pencil and started to draw. After a few minutes , I finished my masterpiece of that strange guy. The first stranger to be on my sketchbook, so be glad. I showed him and he just clapped his hands. "Nice." He took my drawing and leave his signature on it. Before I could look at his signature, he quickly put my sketchbook back to my bag. "Keep it safe." The last word of that mr.stranger before patting my head and leave. Strange.

Dabin came with two drinks after the strange guy leave last few minutes. "Dabin, who's the guy who sit next to you just now?" I'm still covered by the curiousity of that strange guy. "He's just my brother." A short and simple answer like this never swipe away my curiousity. "But-" "Nah, just ignore him, let's enjoy this date shall we?" He mentioned date again. Rolling my eyes , I just let everything go and enjoyed my favourite cappucino on the dim night. But still, that strange guy is playing on my mind.