Seven In The Morning

Seven In The Morning

Key is not the type to celebrate Valentine’s Day. He is more of the people who thinks it ridiculous for people going all out on expressing their love on a certain day in the year because shouldn’t they show affection to those they love every single day? However, this year, Key has to put that thought aside to stand on the mainstream side and celebrate the 14th of February.

Even though he never have one doesn’t mean he do not know what people doing on that day. They go on a date, exchanging gifts – mostly chocolates and flowers and teddy bears. He has spend the entire night on the previous day thinking which one his girlfriend would appreciate more, a bouquet of roses or a human sized teddy bear she can hug at nights. Absolutely, it’s not chocolates. It’s not that she hates chocolates but he understands very well that females share this love-hate relationship with chocolates. They love chocolates because it’s chocolates! At the same time, they hate chocolates because it makes them fat. He knows very well that of all the girls in this world, his girlfriend cannot be fat. Once again, not that he will love her less if she gains weights – hell, he wishes she puts on some weights – it’s just that her profession hinder her from eating such sweets. Being a model requires her to have a fit body. He still remembers how her management scolded her for gaining some weights when they filmed for a certain show together because he kept on feeding her foods.

Unfortunate of him, he can’t decide on which gift to give her on the Valentine’s Day. It frustrates him more than he thinks he would be because his girlfriend has texted him to wait for the surprise she’s going send him on that day. She’s pretty excited for this, really. After all, if it is not for her, he will never ever treat February 14th differently from any day in the year. Thus, he finds himself in front of Jinki’s door at 7 in the morning as he waits for the older to answer his knock and let him in.

“Huh?” Key is greeted with the sight of sleepy Jinki who can barely open his eyes.

“Hyung, I have a problem.” Key declares.

“At 7 in the morning?” Jinki calls out, simply doubting in how the younger can have a problem at 7 in the morning. He even hasn’t started his day yet.

“Absolutely! A very important matter that needs to be solved before this day ends.” Key perfectly answers.

“Come in,” he gives up, taking a few steps back to make a way for the younger before closing his door. Key sits on Jinki’s unmade bed and the older soon joins him. “So what’s bothering you at 7 in the morning?” Jinki asks, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes so he can focus on the younger. Now that his eyes finally wide open – not that there is a substantial difference on the size of his eyes whether they’re closed or wide opened – does he notice that the younger looks a little troubled.

“I want to know what you and Jonghyun hyung do on Valentine’s Day.” Key frankly says, in which followed by a groaning sound from Jinki before the older slumps on the bed.

“You wake me up at 7 in the morning just to ask me what I do with Jonghyun on Valentine’s Day?!” For a split second, Key’s mind finally stops contemplating about the gift and starts to ponder if he is causing inconvenience for his leader at 7 in the morning. He can’t comprehend what’s so wrong about having a trouble at 7 in the morning. Why is Jinki making a big fuss over 7 in the morning?

“Is there something about 7 in the morning that I’m not aware of?” He innocently asks the older.

“I’m not opening my eyes at 7 in the morning on our break, at least, not before 9!”

“Oh,” It just kicks in that he is messing up with his hyung’s sleeping schedule. “Never mind, you can resume your sleep after this. I don’t have much time left. Tomorrow is February 14th and I have no idea of what to do with Ari.”

“I still remember the look you gave us last year when we told you we’re off to celebrate Valentine.” Jinki scorns at him, completely displeased.

“I can’t bring myself to say ‘no, ari-chan, we’re not going to celebrate it’ and give her a long lecture about my thought on Valentine’s Day when she has texted me that she’s sending something for the special day.”

“Oh, now that I think of it, it’s your first with Ari-chan.” Jinki sighs and brings himself up on sitting position. “Jonghyun and I don’t do much. Jonghyun doesn’t like Valentine but he puts up with me because I like it! Our first was simply a dinner, at a decent restaurant. The second time, Jonghyun was having a bit of free time so he went to buy me a bouquet of white lily and a nice watch. At that time, I was busy so I didn’t prepare anything. I was thinking of taking him on a movie date but then he surprised me with the gifts.” Key doesn’t miss the genuine smile gracing the older face as he talks about it. “And then last year, we went on a candlelight dinner.”

“I was thinking of flowers too and teddy bear last night. Then again I’m not sure what to give her. What if she doesn’t like it? Do you think roses and teddy bear are good enough?”

“I don’t know, Key. Instead of wasting my time thinking on what Jonghyun would like, I just make sure that we’re spending some time together on that day no matter how busy we are. But that’s Jonghyun and I. Your case with Ari-chan can be different. But if you would listen to me, Ari-chan doesn’t look like the type to make a big matter out of something like Valentine’s gift. She looks like the type that will still be happy even if you show up at her doorstep empty handed.”

And that’s how the idea of an ideal Valentine’s Day formed on his head.

 

To: Ari-chan

I miss you

Key hits the send button before turning his phone off as he’s going to board the plane.

 

On the other side, Ari happens to have a photo shoot on the day. She has her mind focused on her schedule and in between, jokes around with her model mates. It is common for them, models, to take pictures on the shooting site and upload them on their accounts. After all, social medias do matter for them because sometimes, they look at your account and the amount of people following you to decide if you have the influence to sell the brands you’re representing. So she fishes out her phone from her bag and holds her breath when she figures out that her boyfriend leaves her a message. That is why she later uploads two pictures of her and her friends on her Instagram. She’s aware that he’s going to get a notification of her posts. She often does that when Key misses her. It’s inevitable for them to miss each other so much as they live in different country and do not meet so often, especially at times when SHINee do not have any activities in Japan. She’s about to text Key back, asking if he has received her gift but the director call them back so it has to wait until she finishes the shoot.

 

If there is anything he’s being grateful right now, it is that Ari’s mother is very supportive with their relationship. He contacts her right after he lands in Tokyo and surprises her with his sudden visit. She informs him that Ari is currently having a photo shoot and tells him the address. He heads to the location right away and finds Ari’s mother waiting for him in front of the building when he arrives.

“Thank you very much for coming, Key-san. Ari-chan was being grumpy when she couldn’t meet you because of her schedule. Her shoot should be finished in half an hour, what about you wait for her in the waiting room. I bet she will be happy to see you there. I’m going leave, just keep in mind to send her home at 10. She has another photo shoot tomorrow.”

“Sure, Mother. I won’t keep her until late at night. Be careful on your way back, Mother.” Key hugs her before he sends her off. After that, he gets in and asks for the direction to Ari’s waiting room. He waits her there as her mother told.

It isn’t long until the door swing open. Key doesn’t leave the couch as he smiles warmly to his girlfriend and opens his arms, inviting her for a hug. Ari, who has never thought that her boyfriend would come to see her on Valentine, stands up by the door as her body becomes malfunctioning out of sudden. The only thing coming from her is the consistent oh… oh… sounds as she eyes her boyfriend.

“Ari-chan, how long you’re going to stand there? Hurry, come in and hug me.”

“Oppa!” she cries out and runs into her boyfriend’s arms.

“You didn’t think I would come here, right?” he says as he tightens the hug.

“Oppa” is the only thing Ari can say at the moment which brings laughter to Key. He finds it so cute how Ari becomes so off whenever he surprises her.

“Oppa is here.”

Ari nods without breaking their hug.

“I don’t celebrate Valentine so I don’t know what to do. Is there anything you want to do today?”

“There is this movie I want to see and a restaurant I want to go for dinner.”

 

Honestly, Key doesn’t care if it’s Valentine’s Day today, he is just happy to see his girlfriend and spend some time with her. He’s happy to see her smile. He’s happy to hold her close and smell her hair. He’s happy that he makes the best decision to fly to Japan in exchange of sending her a gift.

“We’re going to celebrate White Day too if you want. I will be in Japan around that day.” Key shoves his hand in his pocket, searching for the tickets he’s saving for Ari and her mother.

“I know. Mama bought me the tickets for both days.” Ari replies nonchalantly.

“For both days? Really?” Ari laughs at Key’s high pitched tone.

“Yes, for both days! It’s your first time performing in Tokyo Dome. I don’t want to miss it.”

“Ah, you’re always coming to our schedule. I haven’t been in one of yours.”

“I have a photo shoot tomorrow morning. Oppa, you can come with me if you haven’t returned to Korea yet.”

“Let’s see if I can make it to the airport if I come to your schedule. What kind of photo shoot you’re going to do tomorrow?”

“We’re going to shoot in bikinis.”

“No, don’t do that!”

Key can care less about his flight tomorrow. He’s going to come for sure. He’s going to make sure no ert eyes land on Ari’s exposed body tomorrow.


Keyrisa oneshot for Valentine's! Yay!