Lesson 01

Ask Dr SarangHAE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Good evening everyone and welcome to our weekly programme where we talk about what’s hot in town. I’m sure all of you are busy preparing for a special event this weekend; that’s right, it’s Valentine’s Day! The day all you lovebirds look forward to each year so that you can once again declare your love and affections to the person of your life. But, question is, are you making the right preparations for the right actions? We have here with us today someone who is able to give you all the right advice you need; the expert himself, our very special guest, Dr Saranghae!”

I took my cue to make my entrance on stage, walking out confidently towards the seat in the centre whilst basking in the bright studio lights and deafening screams from the audience. I am Lee Donghae, celebrity columnist of SarangHAE.

“I was thinking of proposing to my girlfriend on Valentine’s Day. Do you think it’s a good idea?”

A deep loud chuckle was emitted from the good-looking brunet as he placed a fisted hand over his exposed teeth. When he was done with the light reaction, he placed his hands gently on the knee of his crossed leg, intertwining his fingers charmingly as he directed those intense brown orbs towards the male in the audience who had sounded out the question.

The cameraman panned between the evidently nervous male and the composed charming love expert before zooming in on the face of the flawless creature, while his answer was patiently waited for with bated breaths.

“I would never encourage anyone to propose on Valentine’s Day.”

I scoffed at the shocked gasps elicited from the live studio audience. Placing my hot hazelnut coffee down on the pantry table, I decided I could do with a short ten minute break from work as I glued my eyes onto the television set, curious to find out what the brown-haired beauty had to say.

“Valentine’s Day is indeed a day where we celebrate love but note; it is a day where everyone celebrates love.”

He paused for a dramatic effect and I rolled my eyes at his practised actions.

“If she says yes, the fourteenth of February becomes a milestone in your life shared as a couple. Do you really want to share this day with billions of other people? Wouldn’t you like to choose a date which has a special meaning only to the both of you?”

He succeeded in earning a few nods and hushed chatters filled the studio and also my surroundings. It was only then that I made an effort to look around me, noting that quite a handful of female colleagues had gathered around to watch the same programme; probably trying to take note of some tips or just ogle at the eye candy.

“Furthermore, if things don’t turn out the way you want them to, you don’t want to spend every Valentine’s Day crying over your loss now aye?”

Laughter erupted throughout as he scored his victory with the well-played out joke.

“Alright, jokes aside. Good luck for your marriage proposal. Remember that this is a lifetime commitment and I’m sure that in your heart lie a thousand reasons why you think this girl is perfect and why you want to spend the rest of your life with her; make sure these voices are heard.”

The kind message was enhanced with a sweet toothless grin and slow blink of those mesmerizing orbs, a simple action which had the girls swooning over him. He then turned towards the host sitting directly opposite him, prompting him for the next question.

Lifting my hot cup to my lips for a sip, I swiftly left the rather crowded pantry, deciding that I had enough entertainment from the guy who acted like he knew it all. Furthermore, I did not want to be associated with the group of slackers whiling their time away watching television in the pantry on pretence of a long tea break. After all, I had a boss to impress; in more ways than one.

Heading back to my isolated desk at the corner of the office, I keyed in my password to unlock my computer before the newly downloaded data appeared in front of me. Taking another sip of my special coffee, I proceeded to rearrange the numbers so that I could produce figures that made sense to the company; charts that would please my boss; Mr Kim Junsu.

I was in the midst of pulling out trending bars and charts when a magazine fell from the sky and landed smack on top my busy fingers, earning an annoyed wince and hiss from me as I readied myself to snap at the unwanted intruder.

I tilted my head violently upwards to glare at the person and was not in the least bit surprised to find my colleague and friend, Kim Ryeowook sneering down at me with an unattractive lopsided smile on his face. How he could be related by blood to my handsome and charismatic boss was beyond my comprehension capability.

“Lee Donghae, celebrity columnist aged 26; y, free and single and ready to mingle. He is also openly known to be biual and way out of your league.”

“Like who isn’t,” I muttered angrily under my breath, allowing my inferiority complex to get the better of me.

“What’s your point, squid?”

“Ouch, that hurt. Better look yourself in the mirror before you start your name-calling, monkey. I saw you drooling over the hottie on TV just now.”

“I wasn’t drooling over him, please, I’ve got better taste than that, and he’s totally not my type.”

Ignoring Ryeowook’s grimace, I allowed my eyes to drift over the front cover of the magazine he had very ungraciously left on my table. There on the front page sat a gorgeous edited picture of the person of topic; Lee Donghae. He had on him a dark blue shirt with the front half ed, giving the readers a generous view of his delicious cleavage. His hair was messily styled and the shoot was done on a couch, making him glow with an after look.

“So much for him not being your type,” a sarcastic remark sounded from my left.

“I am not interested in him okay, yes he’s definitely good-looking but that isn’t the only thing I look for in a person okay? His personality has to be good. Look at Donghae; he’s arrogant and smug, thinking of himself as a know-it-all in the love department. He stares at others with a condescending glare, being a firm believer that he is a league above because he always gets what he wants; anyone he desires basically.”

“And that’s what makes him successful!”

“Because he’s a hot, stuck-up ?”

For a moment there I had forgotten to watch my language on office premises, especially since the man of my dreams was sitting in an office not too far from my desk. Ryeowook started flailing his arms frantically and I knew he was getting flustered by my inadequate responses.

“Donghae is like the hottest celebrity columnist out there. Handsome features and oozing appeal aside, both girls and guys look up to him as some love god, reading his advices in his weekly column and following it like a bible. It’s because he knows what he’s writing! He has every reason to brag because his column has helped thousands of people find love, accept love and achieve love. There is a reason why he’s on the front page of the February issue of a Cosmo magazine!”

I could sense Ryeowook’s excitement but my analytical brain could not compute the cause of it so I continued staring at him between my sq

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter