Wish On Them

Wishing Rocks

He sat behind the trees observing the strange small intruder that's been coming into his forest often for a couple weeks now. Tao blinked his eyes and tilted his head as he saw the little kid start to let his tears fall again. That's been happening a lot lately. It was like a routine. The lad would come, sit by the river, play a bit, then cry silently. Why? Tao didn't know, he just always watched from a distance. Sometimes he got really curious, so curious that he even wanted to reveal himself, but he didn't.

Today was the day, the day where he was going to approach the smaller. He just hoped the kid doesn't get frightened and run away. Having the first human he ever took an interest in running away because they were terrified of him wasn't a result that he wanted.

Slowly, he stood up, making sure he was careful enough not to make a sound. Step by step he approached the stranger from the side. "A-Are you okay?", he stopped next to him, looking at the boy that was crouching down. Startled by the unfamiliar voice, the boy looked up to see another boy. "W-Who....are y-you?", he sniffled. Where'd this person come from? He was sure he didn't see anyone when he came in.

"I live around here.", Tao crouched down next to the boy. "But this place is a forest.", the boy furrowed his eyebrows. Why would someone live in a forest? He lived in the city. He thought others did too. Tao chuckled a the lad's response before giving him a smile "It's okay to live in the forest. What's your name?". "I'm Sehun.", the boy introduced himself. "Sehun, can you tell me why you're crying?", Tao Sehun's cheeks, wiping away the tears that were still streaming down.

"But I don't know you.", Sehun blinked. "Just call me Zi.", Tao didn't give his full name. "Now you know me and I know you so can you tell me now?". Sehun fumbled with his fingers before swallowing "Mommy passed away so I have to go live with my dad.". Now Tao understood, Sehun lost a loved one. "It's okay, she's in a peaceful place now.". "I know.", tears started clouding his eyes again "I wished she could've spent more time with me, but she was always gone. Now I have to go with my dad. I don't want to leave my friends here.".

"Everything will turn out fine.", Tao tried to comfort the smaller. "You don't know that.", Sehun cried. Tao thought for a while before an idea came to his head when he watched Sehun tossing the rocks in the river. "Sehun, have you ever heard of Wishing Rocks?". Sehun shook his head, not knowing what Tao was referring to. "They are rocks that you make wishes on. They are really rare though, so nobody ever finds them.", Sehun looked so focused on what Tao was saying.

"Is there a way to find them?", maybe Sehun could make a wish. "Well, I just happen to have a couple.", Tao his chin as he stood up "Maybe I could give you one.". "Can you?! Please!", Sehun soon followed  as he too stood up. "But they are really rare. I'm not sure....." Tao trailed off. "Please! Please!", the smaller wanted a Wishing Rock. What was the harm of giving him just one? "If you do two things for me.", Tao held up two fingers. "Anything.", Sehun nodded.

"First, call me hyung.".

"You're older than me?", the smaller questioned.

"I think so. How old are you?".

"10.".

"I'm older then. I'm 11.".

"Okay then, hyung.", Sehun tears finally started to stop spilling. "Second, promise me that you won't cry anymore.", Tao wiped the younger's eyes. "I don't know if I can.", what if Sehun cried in the future? "Then no Wishing Rock-" "Okay, I promise! I won't cry anymore.", Tao smiled at the younger's reaction. Seems like Sehun really wanted that rock. "Okay, the next time you come I'll bring you one.", now Tao had to go get a rock and magically turn it into a Wishing Rock. Great.

The two spent their time with Tao teaching Sehun games to play in the forest until Sehun had to leave.

The next day, Tao spent hours looking for a rock that looked magical enough for Sehun believe it could be a Wishing Rock. Near the river he found a simple rock and decided to just spray paint it and add some sparkles. The result gave him satifaction. He was going to give that rock to Sehun, but when he walked pass a huge oak tree, he noticed something. His eyes saw a light green object that peeked through the tree's bark. "What is that?".

With a small dagger, he cut through the wood until he could get the object out. "Wow. Sehun would love this.", it was beautiful. He had a plan. He made a small hole through the rock and put a string through it. Tao made it, a Wishing Rock.

"Zi hyung!!", Sehun ran through the forest to the river he was at the other day. He finally got the opportunity to sneak away from home for a bit and he ran straight to the forest. "No need to shout.", Tao came out from behind the trees. "Here.", from behind his back Tao took out two rocks. "Two?", Sehun tilted his head. "This is how it works. You say your name and birthday on this one.", Tao lifted the hand that was holding the rock that he decorated "Then you throw it in the river.".

Sehun wasted no time as he grabbed the rock out of Tao's hand and did exactly as told. Tao just watched and let out a chuckle as he saw Sehun throw the rock with all the strength he had into the river. "Then with this one.", Tao held up the light green rock he found in the tree "You wear it around your neck and whisper your wish to it.". Sehun again wasted no time as took the object and put it around his neck in one swift move. "BUT! You only have 5 wishes.", Tao explained before Sehun could wish for anything.

"Thank you hyung!", the smaller latched himself onto Tao. "Just use your wishes wisely.", Tao patted Sehun's head. "What does wisely mean?", Sehun furrowed his eyebrows. "Just be careful with your wishes, okay?", Tao smiled. Sehun nodded.

The two became even closer as Sehun kept coming back to visit Tao every chance he got. They would talk and play. Sometimes they even feel asleep or lay there next to each other, just enjoying the other person's presence.

It was a heartbreaking day when Sehun came and told him he had to leave. "I don't want to be away from Zi hyung!". "Sehun, you have to leave.", Tao tried so hard to hold back any tears that were about to form. He told the smaller not to cry, it wouldn't be right if he cried himself. "Hyung!", Sehun wouldn't let go of the other. He was hugging him so tight Tao kind of had trouble breathing, but didn't say anything. "You can't cry Sehun.", Tao said once his ears heard the sniffles coming from the younger that was snuggling into his chest, even more if that was possible.

"Hyung....".

"You promised me remember?".

"But hyung.".

"You made a promise to me Sehun-ah, you're not going to break it now are you?".

Tao smiled as he saw Sehun shaking his head. "You have to go now.". "Hyung, will I ever see you again?", Sehun had to ask. Of course he know that this was goodbye to them, but he still had a bit of hope left deep down in his heart. "One day. Maybe one day Sehun-ah we'll meet again.".

"You promise hyung?".

"I p-promise.".

Tao pulled away and gave a small smile "Go now.". "I love you hyung.", Sehun said as he finally let go. "I love you too." with that Tao turned around. He didn't look back. He could hear Sehun's footsteps fading as the younger walked further and further away. That was when he let his tears fall.

From that day, Sehun never cried again. He kept his promise. Even when he got hurt in a car accident and went to the hospital, he shed no tears from the pain. He always wore his Wishing Rock aroung his neck. It was proof to him, proof that everything really happened and wasn't just a dream. Everything was a real memory.

7 Years Later

 

Tao stood infront of the school gates. A blonde male walked by and Tao's eyes easily spotted the light green rock around his neck. The boy had grown so much, but Tao could still recognize him. He couldn't help the smile that appeared next. I kept my promise Sehun-ah.

A/N: HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY! 

-Wanderer_11

 

ddd2fd9ae5f416a5786b373d14efffcb.jpg

 Broken Smile

I Won't Let You Let Me Go

I Won't Let You Let Me Go

Comments\Subscribe\Upvotes

will be very much appreciated.

 

Plagiarism is not allowed