Cherish That Person

Cherish That Person

~Yo Seob's POV~

The person that appear on my mind without a word
The moment I open my eyes
For some reason I liked that, so I just laughed

With a loud yawn, I sat up on my bed, rubbing my eyes while hugging my favourite teddy bear; my teddy bear from Soo Yun. An image of her appears in my mind, a warm smile spreads across my face as I hugged the bear tightly. Soo Yun ah... what are you doing now? 

"Hyung..." Dong Woon gave me a quesitoning look, tilting his head to the side, he asked, "what are you doing, stonning over there... Are you sick!?" I caught myself. Aish... what was I doing, thinking of Soo Yun out of no where.

But, thinking of her always feels me with warmth. 

I laughed and winked at Dong Woon before jumping out of bed to go and wash up and prepare for the day's activities. As I closed the door behind me, I could hear Dong Woon's panicky voice. "HYUNGS! I THINK YO SEOB HYUNG IS POSSESSED!"

The person that I suddenly wonder during a busy day
It was interesting how she kept haunting my thoughts

We were on yet another reality show. I was having fun and all, with my bandmates and the host but... somethi-, no, someone was constantly at the back of my mind.

"Yo Seob ah," Park Myung Soo called. 

"Neh?"

"All your members are so focused on the game! Why do you looks distracted? Are you a spy!?"

"Get him!!!" Doo Joon shouted pointing at me as the rest of the BEAST members pounced on me and playfully tackled me.

"Yah! Stop it you guys!" I chuckled, "I'm not a spy, sheesh!" Man, this bandmates of mine are so childish!

"Then why are you so distracted? Not just this time, often people say that you always look distracted, is there a reason for that?" Yoo Jae Suk pointed out as everyone on the set looked at me curiously. "Could it be... a girl?" 

When that question left his mouth, I felt my cheeks flush as Soo Yun's image appeared in my mind, calling out to me. "Yo Seob oppa!" I gave them a pout, "it's private!"

(Is that you?) The one person who lives quietly in my heart
(Is that you?) The one person who is truly dependable
Even if I just think about her
My heart becomes warm as if the sun is shining on it

"AHHHHHHHHH!" I threw myself on my bed and messed my hair up in fustration. We were in the midst of preparing for our new album as I was stressed as hell. The other members were in the studio, I managed to finish my part early so I came home to rest first. I felt cold even though it was a hot summer afternoon. Am I falling sick..?

I tossed and turned, restless. Out of no where, I found myself staring at the teddy bear Soo Yun gave me. A happy memory of us going to Lotte World together when I was five popped up.

"Yo Seob oppa!"

"Yes, Soo Yun?"

"When I grow up, I want to marry you!"

A small blush spread across my cheek. I... "I want to marry Soo Yun too!" She gave me the wide grin that I was so familiar with and held out her pinky finger. I hooked mine with hers and we made a promise.

How simple things were back then, I miss those days. I grabbed the teddy bear and hugged it closed to me, the warmth of the memory filling my body. With a smile, I slowly drifted off to sleep.

I truly cherish her, I cherish that person
Maybe I was born here to like that person
The words I love you, the word that I always miss you
As mush as these words never enough, I cherish that person

"Yo Seob-sshi."

"Yes?" I looked at the MC of the variety show with a bright smile.

"Do you believe in fate?" 

"Eh, fate?" That question took me by surprise. Once again, her smile appeared in my mind. "I guess... I do."

Everyone on set went "Ehhh?" The MC looked surprised as well. "How so?"

"I believe that we are fated to meet some people..." My words trailed off into a distance as I thought about how to continue. I shook my head and smiled. "I believe we have a special purpose when we appear in a person's life. And some people appear in our life for a purpose as well..." I scratched my hair and smiled innocently, "maybe we were even born to love that person."

"EH!? LOVE!?" Everyone on  set looked shocked. Opps, almost exposed myself.

"Well, I haven't really experience it yet, haha! I believe it was fate that I met the members of BEAST though and I LOVEEEE them!"

"Ahh... So that's what he meant..."

"Cheh~ That scared me! I thought he had someone in mind!"

Phew, talk about a close call.

When i'm alone at night, i suddenly miss her
My heart is overflowing, as if i'm holding my breath
As I walked on the street, i became uselessly worried
I froze in my steps, absorbed in my thoughts

Promotions for our new album had finally came to an end. We were given a short break. Everyone had plans, mostly involving us going back to our hometowns for a visit.

As I travelled back home, my mind was fixed on that one person; that one person that was constantly in my mind. I clutched the bear tightly. It's been... a few years since I went back. I wonder if she's found someone...

As I walked along the streets during the cold winter night, I felt... alone. There were so many people around me, though they didn't recognize me because I was using a disguise. But I just felt alone in that street, as if there was no one else there.

There was a uncomfortable feeling in my heart... THe question I thought about just now, what if she really found someone?

I stopped in my tracks and I felt a single tear fall down from my eyes and hit the icy ground. 

(Is it you?) The one person who lives quietly in my heart
(Is that you?) The one person who is truly dependable
Even if I just think about her
My heart becomes warm as if the sun is shining on it

Suddenly, something hit me. It got my legs moving. I ran, I ran. I burst into the door and ran to the kitchen. "UMMA!" I hugged her tightly.

"Yo Seob!? Why didn't you tell me you were coming ho-"

"Umma! Do you know where Soo Yun is now?"

"Soo Yun? Yo Seob you just suddenly come home out of no where an-"

"Please Umma! I need to see Soo Yun!" I lowered my head, "I need to see her..." I finally realized my feelings, the reason why I always had this warm feeling in my heart, the reason why I can't stop thinking about her. Nothing can stop me now. I smiled and looked my mum, "Umma, I have something I need to tell Soo Yun."

I truly cherish her, I cherish that person
Maybe I was born here to like that person
The words I love you, the word that I always miss you
The days that aren't enough to love her

I hid behind a tree near the cafe whihc my mum told me she was working at, a bouquet of roses in my arms. "No sign of her..." I blew some hot air into my hands to keep it warm. 

A familiar face cam out of the kitchen, a bright smile appeared, the smile I missed so much. 

I watched as she waltz around serving customers. I almost felt myself tear up. It's been 5 years since I saw her... She was still the beauty I remembered; The beauty I loved. I clutched the roses and the teddy bear in my hands and walked into the store.

~No one's POV~

I truly cherish her, I cherish that person
How i value her, it can't be captured by saying I love you
If only i could fall asleep and wake up by her side
As much as my everything can be used

The cafe bells rung as someone walked into the store. Soo Yun turned to  greet the customer. How strange, he was dressed in such thick clothing, had a mask, beanie and sunglasses. She knew it was cold out there but this was too much. Could he be a robber!?

Cautiously, she approached him. "Err... Sir... you might want t-" A red teddy bear sticking out of the customer's pocket caught her eye. "That's..." she widened her eyes at the realization. Covering , she looked up at him. "You're..."

Yo Seob took off his mask and sunglasses, smiling. Almost immediately, there was an uproar in the cafe.

"Yo Seob oppa!?"

"Oh my gawd, is that Yo Seob of BEAST?"

"What's a celebrity doing here!?"

"I want a picture of him!"

"Oppa!" Soo Yun shrieked as he approached her. "When did you get back!? Aren't you supposed to be in Seoul? I-" He presented her with the bouquet of roses and smiled. She took it and looked at him, confused. "Oppa...?"

Without warning, he pulled her into his embrace and hugged him tightly. "It took me 20 years to realize, I'm never letting go."

I cherish that person

"I love you, Soo Yun."