Final

The Promise

It was not too long when Jinyoung saw the group of familiar man entering the market place and running towards him, pushing away anything that went into their way. Jinyoung jumped and started running through the narrow alley, trying his best to avoid bumping into people.
'Them again!' he huffed under his breath. He sprinted his way through and constantly looking back behind him. The group of man were shouting for him to stop, but he turned a deaf ear and continued running to save his dear life.
Jinyoung looked back for the final time and saw no one but himself alone on the deserted street. Cars were roaring on the road extinguishing fumes that stung Jinyoung's nose. Beads of perspiration formed on Jinyoung's forehead trickled down his face. Jinyoung slowed down his run which soon came to a stop. He heaved a huge sigh of relief before walking a few more steps. Without realising of the rising platform, he tripped and landed on the floor with a loud thud. He lied there on the floor motionless. He did not groan if pain, neither did he flinched. Jinyoung was crying. Tears were b in his eyes as he punched the floor.
'You promised you'll always be with me! You promised! But where are you now?! Mark! You promised me!' Jinyoung let out a loud cry.
He continued lying on the floor and closed his eyes imagining Mark there lying beside him.

****
'Good morning, honey,' Mark greeted as Jinyoung flickered his eyes ooen. Jinyoung smiled weakly. Jinyoung fel special as Mark is the first person he sees everyday. Jinyoung groggily placed his arms around Mark's waist and pulled himself closer, hiding his face in Mark's broad chest.
'Had enough sleep?' Mark asked as he kissed Jinyoung's forehead. Jinyoung just nodded. 'I love you,' Jinyoung finally said
'I know that.' Mark chuckled 'Hey, anything wrong?'
'I dreamt you got stabbed by this giant scary looking people. I couldnt save you because they held me so tightly. You..di-' Jinyoung hugged Mark tighter.
Mark chuckled. 'It was just a dream. Dont worry.' He assured while drawing circles on Jinyoung's back to comfort him. The both of them jerked, by the sudden shouting.
'Oh my God! Go and run, Jinyoung!' Mark suddenly say.
'Why?'
'Run! Go! I can handle them!' this time more urgently.
'Who are they?!'
'Run!!' Jinyoung climbed out of the window of the second floor and landed safely on the ground. By the time he reached the entrance, they had entered the house. He gave a last glance at the house before running to God knows where.

****
However the shouting didnt stop. Something was bugging him to open his eyes. His eyes shot open only to realise that he was lying down in the middle of the street. The group of man was back and was jogging slowly behind while panting heavily. Jinyoung quickly got back to his feet and continued running leaving them behind once again. He turned into a corner and spotted an empty space. He crouched inside and locked the door, peeking through a small hole to look out for their presence.
Jinyoung started to panic. He hated confined spaces. It's suffocating and sickening but he had no choice. Jinyoung started to sob again.
'Mark. I miss you. Why did you leave me?' he mumbled before drifting off once again.

****
'Jinyoung-ah, shhhh... I know, i know... Hold on a little more, please' The both of them were hiding in the store room.The group of man had came intruding the house once again.
'Wh-who are t-they? Jinyoung managed to ask.
'My brothers. They're my brothers.' Mark finally said. 'I sent them to jail. They killed my parents. They're taking revenge on me.' Jinyoung coughed. 'I'm sorry.'
'What for?'
'You have to face this because of me.'
'I-it's okay.' Jinyoung cupped Mark's face. 'I'm okay,' he continued.

****
'I'm okay. I'm okay,' Jinyoung mumbled to himself.

Jinyoung flickered his eyes open and peeked through the hole. How time flew so fast that it was already night time. Jinyoung unlocked the door and stepped out. He turned to his left and right and saw no one. He then walked back home slowly while remeniscing the beautiful memories he had with Mark.

****
They had decided to go on a picnic one morning. There wasn't alot of people around, just them and a few othe couples. Mark was lying on Jinyoung's lap as they were playing with their interwined fingers and giggling to themselves.
'Mark,' Jinyoung called and Mark looked up to face him. 'What will you do if I leave you first?' He asked while adjusting Mark's brown locks on his forehead.
'Are you asking for a break up?' Mark sat up.
'What? No. Just a 'what if' I die first or I got kidnapped or I go crazy and dont remember you'
Mark laughed. 'No,no. I'll make sure we die together. Okay, honey?' And gave a peck on Jinyoung's lips.

****
'You said you'll die with me but why did you die first!' Jinyoung kicked the trash out of frustration.
' I told you Mark! I told you to hang on, but you didnt. And you come into my dreams every night asking me to fight all this pain. It hurts, Mark! It hurts!'
Finally, he reached his small apartment. He fumbled for his key in his pocket and unlocked the door. To his astonishment, the group of man were already inside his own house waiting for him. However, this time, Jinyoung did not bother to run away.
'Now, it's time to fight for real. Fight for Mark,' he thought.
'What do you want?' Jinyoung voiced.
'Woah chill there.' One of them chuckled. 'After chasing you for so long, we finally got you. Those 6 years? Oh no it was 7 years. We were rotting in jail, just because we killed your dear Mark.' the other said.
'You deserve it' Jinyoung snarled. He reached out for a knife from his opened kitchen and pointed it at them. 'You killed Mark. His parents. No, YOUR OWN parents.'
The memory of him seeing Mark lying on the floor, motionless started to replay in his mind once again.
'You know why we killed them, boy? Because it was Mark here and Mark there. He was their priority. We yearned for that love but had never got it. So the best way for that was...' He placed his hand on his neck pretending to slice it. 'To kill them.'
'You're an animal.' Jinyoung was fuming with rage. 'You belong to the zoo, not here.'
'Damn,boy. That was harsh.'
'So what do you want from me?' He gripped on the knife tighter.
'Your life. We despise everything and anything related to Mark. We want to get rid of them all.' Jinyoung was slowly inching towards them.
'You mean including yourself? You want my life. Let me take yours first,' Jinyoung exclaimed through his gritted teeth. He was now running towards them with a knife in hand ready to stab them.
Before he could reach them, blood started  spluttering out of his mouth. Jinyoung dropped his knife and clutched his left chest. He fell onto the ground right before them. The man placed his gun back into his back pocket and both of them left the apartment. A puddle of blood was soon formed on the floor.
'Am I hallucinating?' He thought as he saw Mark's body covered in blood that lied not far from his.
'M-mark...' Jinyoung tried to reach out for him.
'Ill make sure we die together,honey.'
'I love you.'
'Hold on longer,please? For me?'
'Ill never leave you. I promise.'
'I'm sorry I had to leave you first.'
'Be strong.'
'Thank you, honey. You did it.'

All his memories with Mark start to gush through his mind.
'Ill see soon, Mark,' Jinyoung smiled and collapsed on the ground.