Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Why did I even agree to this?

Okay, let’s start at the beginning. Today was Valentine’s Day- you know the day where it’s meant for couples to be together and do all that lovey dovey stuff- and I was snuggling up on my couch wearing my comfortable Totoro onesie and eating delicious chocolate chip ice cream while watching Netflix when my sister came in to annoy me.

“Ya, you look like a hermit right now, Eunhui! My boyfriend and I are going to take you to the amusement park so get dressed!” My sister threw a pile of clothes at me while I glared at her.

“I want to stay home! Why do I have to go?” I questioned her while she looked for some shoes for me to wear.

“Because mum said I can’t leave you alone. She’s going to work so there will be no one left to take care of you.”

“But I’m 17!!” I defended myself. There was no way I would leave my Netflix date to be the third wheel in some stupid date.

Absolutely.

No.

Way.

And yet I found myself trying on a crème, loose jumper and a casual pair of denim shorts. I complimented my outfit with heels and a red purse, I mean it’s Valentine’s day so I should wear some red, right?

Deciding to also make my face look presentable, I applied some red lip tint and bbcream before finishing the look with eyeliner.

“Finally you look alive! Let’s go!” My sister pulled me towards her boyfriend’s car and we headed off to the amusement park. I looked out of the window as I blanked out from my sister’s conversation. You could see couples kissing, flirting and laughing everywhere on the streets.

They all look so sweet.

I sighed knowing I would be spending my Valentine’s Day without a boyfriend and near so many happy couples.

Finally the amusement park came into view and I didn’t feel so lonely anymore. I could tell by the bright colours, the shining, happy faces, and the thrilling yet romantic rides that this place was meant for me.

My sister told me to go on whichever rides I wanted and she would text me once she had finished with her date before she began kissing her boyfriend leaving me to freely walk away from them.

I decided I would buy some type of snack first so I could choose the first best ride so I made my way to the cotton candy stall. I waited in the line full of kids before it was finally my turn. The man handed me the cotton candy as I gave him the money and just when I was engrossed in the dreamland of cotton candy I could feel myself falling closer to the ground.

“Aigoo, it hurts!” I mumbled to myself before opening my eyes to look at the source of my pain. The first thing I noticed was his close proximity to me; his head was a couple of inches away from mine! My eyes travelled to his and I notice his dark orbs that were leaving me breathless. His eyebrows were furro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter