Of Stolen Targets and Misfortunes

Magic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

       A/N: This will be just a test run to see if you guys are interested in the fic. If not, I'll just have to delete this after a week or so, not sure... depends on your reactions, I guess. Comments are welcome! 

Warning for crude language. 

         “You sure your dad’s okay with you doing jobs again?” The voice from her earpiece asked.

         “He’s fine with it, why?”

         “He’s fine with it, or he doesn’t know it? Last time he found out, I got an earful from him.”

         “Relax, he won’t know this time, and besides, when does he ever agree about me doing what I’m best at?”

         “I don’t get you, you’re the one who needs protecting and yet you’re the one who people protects themselves from.”

        

         The girl chuckled and cocked her AS50 in place, aiming at the building’s window across from hers, target in sight. She looked through her scope and adjusted the rifle to get her target’s head at the center of her scope.

        

         “Well just because I’m the daughter of the number one business tycoon in Seoul doesn’t mean I should be cooped up in my apartment with security who can’t do .  That’s not my style. I’d rather be feared than want to be killed. I’m rather famous in that department.”

 

         “Yeah, I know. I heard a lot of rumors about a lot assassin declining offers when your name comes up. Your kill count can be intimidating to them. You’re respected, you should be proud of that.”

        

         She placed her finger on the trigger, waiting for the perfect moment to strike. “Ah~ my kill count. I must say that I’m a damn good rookie back then—2 years ago, I think? I’ll admit, I’m going to let it stay that way. That’s the only reason why my dad withdrawn from giving me bodyguards to tail my anywhere I go. I get death threats, but I don’t see them doing any of them at all. What a bunch of cowards if you ask me.”

 

         “Enough with the chitchat Seohun, you already exceeded your record time on this building.”

         “Yah! I can get carried away with conversation sometimes! And to hell with my 1 minute record, I can stake out as long as I want.” She said, tightening her finger on the trigger.

 

         “Just do it, Seo. It’s about time you go home. My computer tells me that your dad just came in your apartment.” Her partner and longtime best friend sighed.

         “Tsk. Damn that old geezer. He’s too protective.”

         “He just loves you.”

         “Shut up.”

 

         The moment her target’s head stood up from his seat to place the book he’s reading back to the shelf, she pressed the trigger, performing a perfect head-shot. The gunshot was unheard because of the silencer gripped on the end of her rifle, but the window’s glass certainly didn’t stay silent. It broke to pieces very loudly as the body of her target fell on his expensive carpet. Poor guy, he just had to betray a drug trafficking mafia, but there’s no way she’d pity the guy, cold-hard cash is her paycheck and she loves it too much to leave this kind of business.

 

         “Your employer says you can pick up your paycheck from the receptionist, at the lobby.”

         “Got it.”

 

         She fluidly disassembled her sniping rifle and placed it inside its case in a shape of a violin’s carrying case as a disguise. Well, no one would really think she’s an assassin, she looks far too young and innocent to be one. Plus, her family background would just render the society to think that she’s one of those chaebol daughters that is a spoiled queenka with nothing better to do than do shopping.

 

         She hauled the heavy case on to her shoulder and ran down rooftop’s stairs as fast as she could. Before she could reach the ground floor of the hotel she’s at, she got out of the emergency staircase and used the elevator instead to blend in, wiping down the sweat that accumulated during her run. Going down 20 flights of stairs was not a joke; she has weak lungs to blame for.

 

         She walked outside of the lobby and swiftly avoided her target’s henchmen running inside to find their boss’ so-called “killer”. After claiming her paycheck, a thick manila envelope. She proceeded to her “baby”—if she could call her superbike 899 Panigale that way. She shoved the envelope inside the bike’s compartment and mounted the white beast to turn the engine on, hearing it purr. God, she loved that sound. She shifted her “violin” case to make way for the matching white helmet that came with it.

 

         “Nice job, you nearly got busted by the guy’s security.” Her partner said.

         “Yeah, well—“ She kicked the motorcycle’s stand back up and revved the engine. “They’d never catch me anyway. I’d kill them before they do. I thought you were gone already.”

         “I gotta make sure you head home safely with no bugger tailing you.”

         She sighed, “have it your way then.”

 

         She took off, leaving the sound of her white beast’s engine revving divinely, catching the ears of a certain group of 12 boys that also came to the hotel.

         5 minutes ago in a different location stood Park Chanyeol with his M21 perched on an apartment’s rooftop railing. His sniping rifle trained on his target, who’s also Seohun’s target.

 

         “Yah, Dobi, how much longer will you wait? Your target is just sitting there reading!” Baekhyun nagged through his earpiece, making Chanyeol cringe at his voice.

         “Don’t rush me, I’m waiting for the perfect time to kill him, and his curtains are in the way for me to make a clear shot.” The rapper replied in haste, finger on the trigger.

         “Just make the shot, Yeol. Who knows, he might get killed by another assassin on the job.”

         “There’s no way another assassin would get his hands on him, he’s not exactly a famous target.”

         “You never know.” Kyungsoo hummed, keyboard keys clacking in the background.

         “Just make the damn shot, manager hyung said we need to go in 10 minutes. We have a schedule to get to.” Baekhyun moaned, rendering Chanyeol to tense at his best friend’s voice.

 

         Yes, EXO, other than being damn famous Hallyu stars, they were assassins on call. Nobody would ever suspect them being killers, a perfect background. SM entertainment has this system where not only do they develop a team of international hallyu stars, but also assassins. Super Junior was their first project, but because of them being a bit too busy with their work schedules, their hit list was passed over to them. They’re a team of twelve men specializing in different aspects and skills, Park Chanyeol just happened to be their number one sniper with how good he was with his fingers. They had no choice anyway, he’s the only sniper in their team willing anyway, the others are contented with doing close range battle, something Chanyeol isn’t fond nor is he good at it, he has two left feet thanks to his awkward bow shaped legs and lanky body frame. Besides, their team has Baekhyun and Tao as their best hand-to-hand, Kyungsoo and Junmyeon at their computers, barking out orders, Sehun and Luhan as their decoys and their handgun skills, Jongdae in confusing and just simply mind ing people as a distraction, Minseok for extra muscle, Yixing as their chemical specialist, and Kris for their arsenal and transportation.

 

         “Alright, alright, calm yo’ .”

         “I don’t have—“

         “Shut up, my target’s moving.” Chanyeol silenced the other, finger ready to fire, but he was a second to late, as soon as the man stood, not even fully upright, a bullet shot through his head from the window behind him.

        

         “What the ?!” He exclaimed, looking over to the building where his target’s other killer “was”, 2 o’ clock from his position, but the rooftop was already empty. How the did the guy go unnoticed? Unless the guy shot from behind the fire escape door, but that would be a bit too hard.

 

         “What?”
         “Another guy shot him! That er, that was my kill! I’m going to kill him! Kyungsoo, I’m going over to that hotel!” Chanyeol shoved the rifle in his carrying case and ran down the stairs.

         “Wait, Yeol—“

         “I’m going to kill that son of a !” He growled, pushing past the entrance doors of the building, breaking into a sprint towards the other hotel down the block.

         “Idiot, what are you doing you could be killed by the guy!” Baekhyun said, his fist slamming down on computer tabl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter