[ 06: THE SEEING EYE ]

[ CA-23 ]
[14.03.2015]
"Hey guys, open the door." Hyosung stopped talking, and looked up at the others. It was obvious there was a familiar, deep voice at the back of the door, but nobody moved.
 
There was a silence between the three, looking hesitantly at each other (Iseul and Jookyung were more likely glaring, Hyosung noted) until Jookyung decided to get up and open the door. He was greeted with the sight of two grown men in their pajamas.
 
"Can you please don't?" 
 
"We're a team! I think we get the privilege to check on your progress." Sejoon said, smirking. Jookyung frowned. He grumbled for a while, before turning back, leaving the door open.
 
"What did you guys get?" Wooyoung asked. The dining table had Iseul's laptop and stacked files all over it, but he their glum faces seemed to indicate they're far.
 
"From where?" Hyosung asked, slightly groggy.
 
"From this thing," Sejoon said, pointing at the black phone.
 
"The call logs on Son Jinwook's phone were either from his family, Kim Sora, or seemingly from Kim Yishik, but that's not enough unless we interrogate Yishik and Jinwook again." Jookyung said, scrolling down the phone to show to the curious three.
 
"Say, anything from the camera chip?" Wooyoung asked.
 
"A teacher actually matched the screenshots we got, actually," Hyosung said.
 
The sleep-deprived group suddenly brightened up when they heard her. "What about him?" Sejoon asked.
 
"His name is Yoo Eunchang, a Math teacher. Used to teach at Han from 2011-2014. Moved to Seoul after his marriage. In the recording they talked mundane topics, but seems like the abductions and... us," Jookyung said, hesitating. "are there."
 
"What do you mean by us?" Jisung said. He felt like his stomach churned.
 
"Listen and watch." Jookyung typed on the computer. 
 
 
"Those reporters are asinine." Wooyoung heard a familiar voice, and while his face remained stoic, Jisung could see that he was paying full attention to the video. Both figures are not seen, unfortunately, but the long time stamp meant it may have remained undiscovered.
 
"Did some of them come to you again?" Another voice chuckled. Jisung shivered, feeling like it wasn't as unfamiliar as he thought.
 
"Two of them today. They don't even bother coming straight to ask, but had some cheap disguises as parents of a kid. Fools." Wooyoung felt like shuddering. He never knew such spite was laced in his nicer appearance.
 
"You should've released a statement or something to get them off your back." The man chuckled.
 
"I'm not guilty of the girls being gone," There was a heaving sigh. "never mind that. How was Gangwon?"
 
"The beach was fun, the girl liked it."
 
At that, Jookyung stopped the recording.
 
 
The room became quiet. 
 
"Did they talked about anything afterwards?" Wooyoung asked.
 
"Nothing related to our case, that is," Hyosung said. "they are most likely under alcohol influence as well, considering the background noises and the description of Kim Yishik's supposed personality."
 
"He seems like a disgusting fellow. Do we get to interview him, anyway?" Sejoon said, crossing his arms.
 
"While he's horrible, there's no clear evidence that he did any of that, so better not. His friend seemed suspicious, though." Wooyoung said.
 
"I asked Iseul to find Yoo Eunchang's social media accounts, and find out he was in Gangwon for a vacation at the same time of Kim Rohee and Gyeon Kinam's disappearance. He also made a dating account and may have one relationship back in 2011."
 
"Wow," Sejoon grinned. "thanks, Iseul."
 
Iseul shrugged.
 
"Is that all?" The five turned towards a girly voice, and they noticed that Hyerin had been standing at the stairs.
 
"Quite a lot, Hyerin." Sejoon yawned. Hyerin stared at him, but said nothing as she left towards the direction of the kitchen.
 
"What's with you guys?" They turned towards another voice. Another girl came down, dressed with jacket and jeans, and her eyes looked brighter than the rest. She stopped for a minute, observing them, and shook her head.
 
"What did you guys ended up finding?"
 
"We're going to talk about that later. Either way, Hani," Wooyoung stepped forward, and throw a pointed look towards Hyerin's back. 
 
"No, absolutely not," Hani shook her head, looking horrified to see that Wooyoung's face didn't change. "you don't have any reason to say that."
 
"You're the last one to come down here, so you probably deserve to be helpful. Come on, I'll accompany too," it was too easy for the team to see that Wooyoung's smile was forced and Hani was scowling, but she walked along, albeit reluctantly.
 
"I'm surprised," Sejoon said. "by the way, how about Son Jinwook?"
 
"You are interviewing him tomorrow morning. Get the questions done by afternoon and we'll discuss them later. There are some things that are related to the case." Hyosung said, crossing her arms.
 
 
"So, what do we do now?" Hani asked. 
 
The seven sat down at the clear dining table, eating their meal and hearing Hyosung's story. The food wasn't much of a feast as much as toasted bread with butter feels like, but it was practical. Judging from the lack of argument, it seemed like Hani and Hyerin could get along for at least a second.
 
"Sejoon will investigate Son Jinwook again this afternoon or evening. The rest are going to still keep close eyes with Kim Yishik and his partner. Anyone got any questions?"
 
Nobody responded.
 
"Alright, get back to work or take a rest if you want to."
 
When everyone almost got up, however, they heard the door opened, showing a very tardy Jisung, panting.
 
"Sorry guys, it was a bit tiring last night." Jisung said, awkwardly rubbing his neck while trying to smile.
 
"It's alright, but you missed out a little bit." Hyosung smiled, but Jisung could see that she looked disappointed at him.
 
"I'll explain the stuff to him, it's fine." Jookyung said, hurriedly dragging Jisung out. 
 
After hearing the door hastily slammed, the rest walked out towards their doors and rooms, leaving Hyosung and Iseul alone. The latter started pulling her laptop when she saw Hyosung's troubled face.
 
"Do you need any more information, Miss?"
 
Hyosung rubbed her face. Her body felt a little light. "Try hacking the CCTVs regarding Yoo Eunchang's current school."
 
 
"How's the two men?" Wooyoung said, giving Hyosung a hot mug. She'd sat down at the balcony, silently writing notes.
 
"Thank you. Iseul reported no suspicious activities right now." Hyosung said. Wooyoung nodded, smelling the strong scent of coffee.
 
"Is the whole CCTV scan alright with the police force?" Hyosung nodded.
 
The two remained quiet. Hyosung looked warily to Wooyoung, who was still standing.
 
"Did you do that to Hani because of Hyerin, Wooyoung?"
 
Wooyoung paused for a moment. He said, "I don't like both of them fighting. Why?"
 
Hyosung looked at Wooyoung. There was something in her expression that changed, but she only smiled. "It seems a little out of your character to do that."
 
"It's important for the team to at least tolerate each other," Wooyoung shrugged. "speaking of the team... I'm sorry for Jisung. He said he's been having nightmares the past few days."
 
"Really?" Hyosung looked concerned.
 
"Yes. He said to Jookyung he saw Kim Rohee and Gyeon Kinam, and possibly Yang Jungyoon."
 
"He needs to stop watching horror movies, I suppose." Hyosung bitterly chuckled.
 
"Hyosung, it might be his visions. Try talking to him as a teen," Wooyoung sighed. "he might be useful."
 
"That's not what I meant," Hyosung sighed, rubbing her eyes. "I don't want him or Hyerin get into dangerous situations like this. Why did Jookyung choose them?"
 
"Nobody in CA-23 are weak, Hyosung. Remember that." Wooyoung said, standing up to leave.
 
 
Iseul tapped her knees. She saw that he walked out of school and smoked, but there was an approaching woman from the opposite direction.
 
"Iseul, can you zoom at her face?" Iseul slowly shook her head. There are seven more insufferable people in the girls' living room, and she's not liking the crowded atmosphere. Answering never felt like this badly. It's afternoon already.
 
"Seems like they knew there were CCTVs," Hani groaned. The woman's face was hidden, and her black coat made Hani squint. Minutes later, Yoo Eunchang went back to school, but there was no other person in sight. There were obvious, crushed looks on their faces.
 
"We lost her," Sejoon said, crossing his arms. "say, did Yoo Eunchang ever got to meet someone like that before?"
 
"Iseul, try searching for previous videos at the same time." Hyosung said.
 
"She can't just disappear." Wooyoung grunted.
 
"She can just disappear." Hani said. Sejoon rolled his eyes.
 
After a few videos were played, they saw nearly similar scenarios at the laptop. And at all times, the faces remained obscure, but it was obviously the same person.
 
"Seems like he teaches in school until about six or seven, and then he went to a hotel before going home at ten." Hyosung said.
 
"He's married," Hani rolled her eyes. "this is pretty atrocious, right Jisung?"
 
When she turned to Jisung, however, she saw him far from the cheerful boy he is. He frowned, eyes looking intensely to the computer. He balled up his fists, and his cheeks are red.
 
"Lee Jisung, are you okay?"
 
Jisung went quiet, and harshly whispered, "I know him."
notes : for those who are still online more frequently, two questions : 
1) what are your headcanons about your character and others? bonus points for interaction.
2) really sorry the chapters started dragging out to them talking... there's going to be some action later on, but now it's more on the mystery side of things.
also, i'm getting very busy right now. sorry about that.