널 사랑해

Of Hibernating Bears and Love

Another day is coming by but to Joy, this one's a lot more special.

She checks on the clock and sees that it's already 11:50PM.

Trying her best to stay soundless and not get caught at all, she tiptoes her way through their one space, good for four bedroom.

Seeing as the girl on the bed is still very much into her deep slumber, Joy smiles.

She's always been her unnies' evil little youngest.

After getting pranked by their kid-like leader a thousand times, she decided to get back by giving her unnie a taste of her own medicine.

Irene only bugs here once in a while now.

Joy is known to the world for being the evil maknae but what they don't know is that despite her playful nature, there's only one thing (or rather, one bear) that could tame her.

She decides to get closer to the bed in an attempt to see the hibernating bear up close.

She checks on the digital clock at the bedside table: 11:55PM

Just a few more minutes before her planned surprise attack.

She watches as the hibernating bear mumbles incoherent words and groans cutely in her sleep.

Joy can only smile.

Sometimes, she feels like strangling the older girl for being such a kid but most of the time, she just wants to shower her with all the love that she deserves.

After all, she loves her bear so much that she even decided to stay up all night during her birthday and be the first one to greet her (with different scenarios) each year.

Joy wanted her greeting short and simple yet sweet and memorable this year.

Recognizing the soft tick of the digital clock indicating that a new day has begun, Joy leans in for the kill and kisses the hibernating bear's pouty lips.

The clueless victim stirs from her sleep.

Joy pulls out moments later but she never did forget to kiss the latter on the forehead and tell her a, "Happy birthday. I love you. You know that, right?"

The bear finally feigns sleep and opens her always squinted eyes,

"Joy?"

Said girl hums.

Seulgi moves to the right side of the bed and taps the space where she was slumbering just a few minutes ago.

Joy smiles at the gesture and does what the older has silently commanded her to do.

She slips in to the covers, faces Seulgi and pulls the girl closer by the waist.

"Why are you up so early?"

Seulgi asks, resting her head on the nook of Joy's neck.

"My big dumb bear," Joy chuckles, and Seulgi feels the vibrato of it. "It's your birthday, remember? Are you still unconscious?"

"A bit groggy, that's all." Seulgi wraps her hand around Joy's back and holds on to a small part of the younger girl's shirt.

"This would wake you up."

Before Seulgi could even ask what the younger girl meant, she feels Joy cupping her cheeks and she tilts her face from side-to-side.

"Wake. Up. You. Big. Dumb. Bear. Serve. Your. Purpose. Be. A. Nice. Kid. And. Be. Good. To. Your. Chicken."

Seulgi laughs at Joy's cute antics.

"I'm wide awake," Seulgi reaches out for Joy's hand, "You can stop now."

"That's good."

Seulgi entangles her legs with Joy's.

"What would you like to do today?" Joy asks as she plays with Seulgi's hair.

"Sleep in, eat, do nothing, and maybe kiss you a little too much." Seulgi nuzzles her nose on Joy's neck.

"That tickles." The younger girl retaliates, "But your plans are still as boring as ever."

"You're evil."

"So I've been told a lot of times."

"But I love you."

"Well, I don't."

Seulgi almost, almost pushed Joy out of the bed for that but then she realizes that the girl isn't done talking yet.

"I don't just love you, I'm willing to do everything just to see you smile every single day."

Seulgi can't help but feel all giddy inside.

"But that's love too."

"My love for you is of a different level and aspect."

"Oh?" Seulgi looks Joy in the eyes, "Enlighten me, then."

"I need no explaining to do, just know that you're very special to me and that's all that counts."

"I never thought you'd be as cheesy as Seungwan once you've turned legal."

"She's my mom after all." They both laugh.

Knowing that there's only the two of them in the room, (with no interruptions and cahoots by their leader and the snowman) Seulgi asks, "Where's Joohyun unnie and Seungwan?"

"I lured them out for the day because for once, I want to be selfish and have you all for myself."

Seulgi feels her ears heating up.

"Ok."

"You're quite the tamed bear today," Joy bites down on Seulgi's exposed shoulder, "I like."

"It's good to be tamed once in a while."

"As long as you only act this way with me then who am I to complain?"

"You know you always sound so mature and that's a good thing because I'm not."

Joy sighs, "You know, you should really stop bringing yourself down but I'm always here for you and I'll gladly pick you back up."

"Thank you…"

"Look at me," Joy cups Seulgi's cheeks again. This time, to look her straight in the eyes. "I know I'm not perfect but to me, you are. I hope you'd stop keeping everything all to yourself and rely on me instead. I may be lacking but if it's concerning you, I'll make sure to give you my 200%."

"Stop it or I'll cry."

The younger girl gives out a heart-warming smile, "Ok, I'll stop. But you know what I mean, right? I'm always here for you; we all are."

"I know."

"Happy birthday. I hope to spend more birthdays with you." Joy pulls Seulgi in for a hug.

"Thank you… for making me smile, laugh, cry and feel all these emotions all at the same time… for making me feel that I'm loved."

"You are always loved, Kang Seulgi. You should know it by now," Joy pecks her on the lips. "So, what do you want to do?"

"Like what I've said before. Can we sleep? Hold me closer to you."

Joy does what she's told.

"Alright. For you, I'll abandon my role as a chicken and be a hibernating bear for the day."

"And one more thing."

"What is it, mommy bear?" Joy closes the gap between her and Seulgi's body.

"I love you."

"I hate you too."

 

 

끝~ This is the first time that I've written a JoyGi one-shot. Have I failed? *sobs* I wanted to write something for Seulgi's birthday. Even if it isn't that special ㅠ ㅠ Started writing this at 5 in the morning and finished at 7:30. And I'm only using my phone. The struggle is real.

Anw, happy birthday, our lovely Kang Seulbear~ I love you so so much. I can't really express it in words. I hope you have a good time today. Can't wait for your holy comeback. :3

How was this one-shot? Any violent reactions, feedbacks and other comments are all welcomed! Please do leave one below.

'Til next time~ Let's spread the JoyGi love ^_____^

~ XOXO