Six Nights Later

Six Nights Later

It may be just another day in February but it feels like Christmas morning to Kibum the moment he wakes up. It takes a while for him to get out of bed but once his feet land on the floor, he’s shuffling out of his room and into the room directly opposite his as if he’s rushing to open the presents under the Christmas tree.

As soon as Kibum opens the door and sees the all-too-familiar lump on the bed which has been empty for the past 6 nights, a smile spreads across his face.

Finally.

Minho’s home.

Kibum knows he should let Minho have a good sleep but he can’t bring himself to leave the room. Minho’s packed schedule has kept them apart for days, almost a week, so although Kibum did enjoy the first few days of me-time, he still thinks one week is too much time away from each other. After all, there’s a reason why he has a boyfriend.

Kibum is torn between being thoughtful and selfish. He understands that he really shouldn’t be bothering Minho now but when he remembers that his busy bandmate will have to leave for Music Core in the early afternoon, Kibum ends up squeezing himself on what little space is left on Minho’s bed. It’s a challenge to fit two people on a single bed but Kibum manages to make room for himself by gently pushing Minho backwards, closer to the wall.

Obviously, that stirs Minho awake. Just when Kibum is feeling a little sorry for disturbing his sleep and thinks he should wriggle his way off the bed, Minho moves his arm out from under the covers and throws it across Kibum’s waist.

With his eyes still closed, Minho’s lips barely moves as he mumbles, “Stay.”

Kibum smiles apologetically and squeezes Minho’s face between his hands.

“Morning stranger.”

A smile tugs on the corner of Minho’s lips as he peeks an eye open before he slowly opens both eyes.

“Was I away for that long?”

“6 days.” Kibum replies and emphasizes, “That’s 6 whole days of your life I wasn’t a part of.” 

“Aww…” Minho coos, “You missed me that much?”

“Life was boring.” Kibum says instead.

Minho laughs under his breath, “I missed you too.”

Kibum raises an eyebrow, “Are we having the same conversation right now?”

“At least we’re having a conversation.”

“Actually, you should be sleeping.” Kibum says before it hits him that he’s the reason why Minho is awake in the first place, “Sorry I woke you up.”

“It’s alright,” Minho assures as he brings Kibum closer, “I can sleep better now.”

“Wait, don’t go back to sleep just yet.” Kibum says before Minho can close his eyes again.

“Hmm?”

“I was wondering… Do you wanna do something together later? After you get back from Music Core?”

Minho smiles, “Did you even have to ask?”

“I don’t know,” Kibum frowns, “You’re so busy these days and-”

“I’m free to go out with you, Kibummie.” Minho cuts Kibum off and spells things out for his boyfriend, “Or stay in… Whatever it is, I’m all yours.”

“Great.” Kibum grins as he reaches out and gently puts his hand over Minho’s eyes, “Now you can sleep.”

When Minho grabs hold of his hand and holds it to his heart as he goes back to sleep, everything just feels right again.

Life is back to normal.

And as he watches Minho fall asleep, Kibum begins to understand why Minho refused to let him out of his sight the day he got back from Hawaii.