Years

Shared; Years
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

2014

Himchan and I married 25 years ago.


 

1989

To have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish.

We dated through college. A year passed after graduation, we still dating. During the year, he bought an apartment, said it was necessary for his work. That particular night after dinner on his place, he hugged me from behind on the balcony.

"Can you see us in the future, watching the beautiful night sky, just like this?"

I chuckled, "You're so greasy..."

He pecked my cheek, "I love you."

"I love you too."

He let me go from his hug and took my hand in his, "Let's seize the days and night like this for the rest of our life," He knelt and pulled out a ring from his pocket, "Will you marry me?"

That night, each star in the sky were winding a music box, caroling us magically ever since.

A simple beautiful wedding, we had. Most of our friends said Himchan should do it earlier, a second after graduation.


 

2003

We had a daughter, who is now 12 years old, Kim Younha.

Our life was typical, not boring, not extremely excited.

Just enough for someone like me.

Himchan is a businessman, had many business on many business. So many people he worked with, so many people he knew. He also generous, loves to give back to the less fortunate and the needy. He easily touched.

As his good wife, I stay by his side, tending his good and bad days before and after work hours. I have to make sure he can have a good night sleep.

Especially when he is now on his peak of busy time. He often comes home late at night, and then in the morning he will looks so tired in his sleep. Sometimes I wish I doesn’t have to wake him up for work. But he said he loves his work and he loves Younha, he loves me. He said he can handle it, as long as I am there with him in the night and also in the next morning.

"Good night, honey." I pecked his lips before going to bed.

"Good night. I love you." he smiled with his eyes closed, ready to sleep.

I shut my eyes close too, "Love you too."

I was ready to enter my slumber, but Himchan halt me, "Baby?"

"Yes?" I answered half-asleep.

"Thank you." he caressed my hair.

I replied him with a nod and continued my journey to dreamland.



2008

When all else fails, love will hold us together. But what if the love is gone?

Younha decided to held her sweet seventeen with in the orphans. She wanted to share happiness with the less fortunate kids.

Me and Himchan's close friends and their kids also attend to enliven the joyous parade.

"Daddy!"

A little boy ran to Himchan and hugged his right leg.

I was both amused and confused by the little boy action.

Amused because I thought he mistaken Himchan for his father

and confused by the way Himchan looked at me.

He looked at me with his eyes as if he done something wrong. His eyes said 'sorry'.

A young lady came to get the boy worriedly, "Jiyong, come here. Don't rattle other people."

"But I want to play with daddy!"

 

=====================================================================

 

After I made sure Younha fell asleep, that night I talked to Himchan about the shocking news.

He reached my shoulder but I brushed him away.

I held my anger, "How... how old is he?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter