001

Of Chicken and Beer

For some personal reasons, Jungah has to go home leaving Jooyeon and Uee by themselves.

“Wow. Perfect timing.” Jooyeon thought.

It was a typical night. Nothing special. No occasions. They’ve been slurping beers which was sponsored by an event they just went to and it was Jooyeon’s idea to drink those beers with chicken. Jooyeon loves chicken. But of course if she has to choose between chicken and Uee, she’d choose Uee of course. Those two might be different things but… Forget it.

“It’s okay unnie. We’re fine on our own. Ah. Here take some with you.” Jooyeon said as she handed a bag of beer cans to Jungah.

“Ya. Do you wanna kill me?”

Jooyeon knows that if Jungah drank too much, she might get allergies. Only a few ounce of alcohol will do for her. It was a way to annoy her before she even left of course. Her troll tactics are still on the go even off cam. That’s just how she is. Meanwhile, Uee was laughing over Jungah’s voice of despair.

“Uee-ya be careful of Jooyeon. Stay alert. I’m warning you. If you got drunk and then you lose your senses, you’ll find yourself in a miserable situation. Who knows? You might end up sleeping in the streets while having those doodles on your face.”

“Ya. Don’t you think you’re being too much?” Jooyeon defended herself, making Uee laugh even more.

“Alright. Alright. I was just kidding and of course I trust you guys.” Jungah patted their heads before leaving.

Jooyeon fixed her eyes on the chickens as soon as Jungah left.

“We gotta finish these chickens. You know they don’t taste as good as it is right now once you reheat them.” Jooyeon said those words without looking at Uee. Her heart was beating fast. It’s just the two of them together. She didn’t expect that she’d feel like this.

For about a few moments, nobody talked. Both of them were just focused on the chicken and beer. It was very silent as their mini van was parked near a river unfamiliar to them and the only available noise they had at the moment was the sound coming from their mouths as they gulped those chicken and beer.

“Ah. I’m so full already. We’re gonna die if we forced ourselves with finishing all of these.” Uee said as she grabbed some tissues and wiped her hands and mouth from chicken stains.

“You’re right. But what should we do now?” Jooyeon asked with full while she could only hope that Uee won’t answer with the words “Let’s just go home.” She wanted to stay the night with Uee. She missed being with her. They haven’t had any promotions right now as a group so she rarely sees her.

“Ghost stories~” Jooyeon was startled when Uee just moved her face close to hers. Enough to feel her hot breath that smelled like chicken and beer of course. Again, her heart beat faster than before. Not because of Uee’s suggestion. Jooyeon was never afraid of ghost stories. She can never be serious so of course when somebody does a scary tactic it turns out to be a comedy. It was merely because of the fact that their lips are just a few centimeters away from each other. Anyway, for her it was a good thing to know that Uee doesn’t want to leave yet. Uee likes being with Jooyeon as well. When she finds herself having a hard time, Jooyeon could just crack on some jokes and she’d forget her problems for a while.

“Ah unnie. What’s wrong with you? Being scared already when we haven’t even started yet.”

Jooyeon looked like a scaredy cat as she remained frozen in her place. Her eyes widened a bit while is still full of chicken stains.

“Ah. It’s just. Now is different. We never know. This place is unfamiliar so there could actually be ghost in here.”

“You’re right.” Uee sighed.

“What the? Jooyeon you pabo.” Jooyeon thought to herself. Again, she hoped that Uee won’t say the words “Let’s just go home then.”

“Ah. What if we…”

“Let’s just stay the night in here. Both of us can’t drive like this. Like I said earlier, the place is a little unfamiliar. It’s dark and then we gulped on some beers. ”Jooyeon said before Uee could even finish her words.

Uee just nodded although that was just what she was about to say.

“You’re so cute unnie.” Uee began wiping the chicken stains that remained on Jooyeon’s lips while the older could only look down due to sudden embarrassment. Her cheeks were turning red but since it’s a little dark inside the car, Uee won’t be able to see it.

She then sat next beside to Jooyeon and leaned on her shoulder, making the older frozen in her place even more. But later on she managed to sit comfortably. And when she saw the younger had her eyes closed, she assumed that she was already sleeping.

She sighed heavily. “Uee-ya. Would you still accept me as your friend if…” Jooyeon could now hear Uee’s heavy breathing. “I don’t know. I’m not sure with my feelings if this is actually…” Jooyeon closed her eyes as well. She knows she isn’t good at expressing her feelings. But when she opened her eyes again, she sighed once again as she held Uee’s hands. It was warm and soft. She enjoyed everything for a moment. She wished everyday would be like this. Just the two of them together in silence where no one could interrupt them.

It surprised her when Uee finally woke up. “Oh. Did I just sleep or something? I’m sorry unnie. You must’ve felt uncomfortable.” Uee said as she massaged Jooyeon’s shoulders.

“No. It’s okay. You can sleep like that for as long as you want.” Jooyeon reassured her.

Again, there was silence.

“What am I to you unnie?”

Out of nowhere Uee had questioned Jooyeon.

Of course Uee earned a reply of “What do you mean?” plus a questionable look from her.

“I was just wondering if you actually feel the same way. The truth is… I kind of like you unnie. I like being with you. I’m close with the other members but I don’t have this same exact happiness whenever I’m with them compared when I’m with you.”

It’s either Uee is half awake, half asleep and that she doesn’t know what she’s been doing or she’s fully awake and that she’s sincere with everything she just said. Jooyeon wasn’t sure but she hoped that it was the latter. She never expected anything would turn out like this.

It was her turn to finally break off that silence.

“That’s kind of unfair. You and I don’t have the same feelings for each other. You only like me while I love you. You know liking someone and loving someone are two different things. Well except for the part that I’m also close with the other members but I don’t have this same exact happiness whenever I’m with them compared when I’m with you.” 

Uee smiled. She was speechless and was more than happy due to the fact that Jooyeon would love someone like her. She waited for this moment to finally confess her feelings for her and then a while ago she could only expect for the worst as Jooyeon might find her funny and that she won’t take her confession seriously.

Jooyeon smiled as well. “Yoojin-ah. How about this?” She managed to pause for a while looking directly at the younger’s eyes.

“Let’s start dating.” She had no idea where she just got the courage to say those words. Must be the beer effect.  

 “Alright. Let’s date.” Uee nodded. Her answer was fast. There were no hesitations. Both of them still had those smile on their faces. “But should we keep our relationship a secret or should we open up to the other members?”

“I don’t think it’s a good idea to open up to the members about this yet. They might not believe us. You know what those guys think of me.”

They both laughed but after a while Jooyeon’s laugh was then interrupted by Uee’s sudden kiss on her cheeks.

“I’m sorry unnie. I think I said it wrong earlier… Saranghaeyo.”

Her eyes widened again. “Aigoo-ya who taught you to flirt like that huh? Is that what you learned from doing dramas?” Jooyeon said as she pinched Uee on her cheeks. Those are what she managed to say but deep inside she is totally melting from Uee’s sudden acts of sweetness. Making her weak in an instant. And just like that they spend the rest of the remaining nights together.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There you go a Jooee one shot. Made especially for jooee shippers cos we are so rare. I miss Jooyeon as much as I miss this couple and I’m also thirsty for an After School comeback. Anyway, this fanfic is inspired by this pic. I hope you like it.