My wish

If I...

If I asked God for one more hour of life, would I have? Did He accomplish my desire? Could I spend my last hour of life with you?

You would say to me that everything in life has a cycle, which we are born, grow and die? You would say to me that even if I die you will live happily until one day we'll meet again? You will live your life the best you can, remembering me occasionally, remembering of our lips touching, the taste of my mouth, of my skin on your fingertips, the softness of my hair, the color of my eyes and my smile?

I'm selfish to the point of wanting to cry just thinking of you with another person, kissing someone else, touching someone else, looking into that person's eyes and saying sweet words of love that should be mine, just mine. But I cannot be selfish to not want you to live, not wanting you to love again even though it will hurt.

But live, okay? Love others until you find that one that will make your heart flutter in your chest, your palms sweat and your mouth dry, like happened to me on the first time I saw you coming through that door and saying that you would be my doctor.

It is ironic how I fell in love when I was dying, I fell in love with the man who knew I was dying and that still allowed himself, allowed me to be happy for a few months. You said I would be better, that I would live, but I do not think it will happen, I do not think this time I go to get back.

You see, it was becoming increasingly difficult for me to endure the pain, I was not getting me to stay alive even when you asked me crying, you begged for me to not die and it hurt so much, it hurt so much to know that I could not do anything to help you, to not make you suffer.

Do you regret you have loved me? I did not. Even though now I'll leave you alone, even though I probably hurt you, these months we spent together was the best months of my life, of all twenty-five years that I have lived. I've never been so happy, even with the pain, medicines, exams and those days when I was unconscious, because had only to look at you and all went away, and the only thing I felt was your hands on me, your lips on mine, the love you felt for me.

Okay, I'm selfish to the point of being happy knowing that I would hurt you, so please forgive me.

Last night you cried holding me, whispering that I could endure a little longer, yes I heard it all and yes I also cried. I just did not know what to say and that's why I stayed there in the warmth of your arms listening to you and asking God to hear your words and let me stay with you.

But maybe that was my wish, my gift from heaven, live happily with you, I may not be worthy of having that perfect person next to me, perhaps no one is. Oh, maybe you're some kind of angel who is being punished and cannot be with anyone. No, I'm kidding.

God created you so perfectly that I'm sure the other creature He has created for you will also be perfect and you will be happy with that person.

I love you, I love you so much it hurts write these words, I love you so much it hurts to say goodbye to you, but even so I thought I should write, I should tell you how important you were to me. I'll wait for you, I'll wait until one day we'll meet again and we will be happy, and this time we can live a full life with each other, right?

I think this is it. I love you, goodbye.

Jinki.

 


 

He opened his eyes, everything was blurred and confused, the annoying sound of the machine echoing through the room, the sound of dripping drops of serum, the terrible silence of the hospital.

Jinki pulled the oxygen mask out of his face and looked around, he had not died? He was still alive? Or this place was where he was condemned to spend eternity, trapped in a hospital room and going crazy. He had gone to hell?

His eyes fell upon the figure sitting in the chair next to him, his hand pressed against his hard, closed eyes and frowning in restless sleep signal. Minho would not be in hell with him, no way.

So he was alive, then surgery had gone well and now he had a second chance?

Jinki stood there trying to take things, trying not to make too much noise as he cried of happiness, frustration and relief. He was alive, he had achieved.

The nurse came in and checked his vital signs and smiled looking at Minho sleeping, now his eyebrows were no longer furrowed, it seemed that now the doctor was finally having a good sleep.

He could not sit still, but with the help of the nurse Jinki was in a more comfortable position, slightly inclined with a better view of Minho's face.

Minho groaned opening his eyes and Jinki held his breath, he had so many long to see those big bright eyes of the doctor and most of all, he needed to see the happiness shining in Minho's eyes.

"Jinki?"

Oh that voice, Jinki thought he would never hear that voice again.

"Since when doctors sleep in patient rooms? I need to ask for another room or another doctor? Seriously, it's very annoying to have to endure another person drooling beyond me here?"

Minho laughed, the laughter started low, a noise coming from his throat and became high making the tears fall from the corners of his eyes. Jinki looked at the doctor's face, looked at the tears running down there and he did not need to touch his own face to know he was crying too and this time he knew they were tears of happiness, only this, happiness.

Minho pecked his lips, cheeks, nose, forehead and Jinki's eyes, slid his fingertips across the skin he could find, looked into his eyes and wiped a tear that trickled down.

"God didn't give you one more hour of life, he gave you a lifetime for you to do whatever you wants. You will not spend just one hour of your life with me, you will spend every hour of your life with me because you will not go anywhere, because the perfect creature that God created for me is you."

Jinki pulled Minho and kissed him, trembling fingers holding the coat of the doctor, holding tightly to Minho knew something he has said and will say to the rest of his life.

I love you.