Chapter 1.

The mystery that is me.

Lucy was just standing there, outside her house with her back against the door as she stared down at the ground with a blank expression on her pale face, she didn't really remember how she got there but she knew that she didn't want to be inside because her parents were arguing yet again. They'd been arguing a lot recently, but she never really listened or payed any attention to the reasons why. It wasn't like it was any of her business anyway, even if they were her beloved parents.
She found it weird, really, because the arguing started around the same time as when people began to ignore her. It was like they didn't even see or herar her, it was like she wasn't there, like she didn't exist. It all happened the night after her birthday party because on that morning when she woke up. everyone she knew was ignoring her, her phone and laptop were no where to be seen and whenever she asked her parents where her belongings were, they just ignored her; they didn't utter a single word to her. She did notice, however, that the two seemed to be extremely upset about something so she didn't bother asking again and just went back to her bedroom in silence, leaving them to themselves.

She didn't know how long she'd been out in the cold but she didn't really care either. She just stared up at the night sky and began to wonder what it'd feel like if she could feel the cold wind blowing against her body, the rain landing on her and soaking her skin, soaking and blowing her hair so it's turn into a mass of knots that she'd have hell of a job getting out later.
She thought that it was weird that she stopped being able to feel all of these things but she didn't bother going to the doctors because she knew they would act as if she wasn't there as well. Everyone acted that way; even strangers on the streets. She thought how people don't really appritiate the simpiliest things in life--Heck, she didn;t even apritiate them until she could no longer feel them. Tired, she closed her eyes as her thoughts continued to dsitract her, letting them steal her away from reality.

after a few minutes of just standing there in silence as her thoughts consumed her, her eyes slowly begun too open and a small frown suddenly appeared on her pale face. Why have my family, friends and, even strangers been ignoring me..? She thought to herself as she turned her attention to the floor below her. She began to recall every time she'd have to move out of the way while walking because the people opposite her wouldn't move and they wouldn't even apologise when she nearly fell over. They never even turned to look at her. She recalled all of the times that csomeone had bumped her shoulder while walking past her but when they looked back, their face became that of a confused person as they looked at her but she always noticed that their eyes didn't land on her; it was as if they were looking for someone to look at so they could apologise even thought she was looking at them, standing a few inches away from them. It was like she was invisible or like she wasn't even there and, she noticed that this had been going on for the past month or so so, how come she didn't realise any of this earlier? Maybe it was because she didn't want to accept the fact that since her birthday party, people lost interest in her or that maybe she did something to make everyone hate her so much they'd act as if she wasn't even there. She never, not even once, thought that the reason for all of this was because she was a ghost. 

Storming into the house, She looked at her parents who had stopped arguing and were sitting on opposite ends of the sofa. Her dad was watching TV with a blank expression on his face while her mother was sitting on the opposite of the sofa, away from him while reading a book with the same blank expression that her father had. They were like this for awhile now, the same time everything had started to happen and she was almost sure that they were heading towards getting a divorce soon because well.. Their relationship only seemed to get worse as each day passed by.

She had never really liked hearing her parents fighting so she'd always find a way to block out all of the shouting. Some of those ways were just going outside or concentrating on something else, which didn't always work. Another thing she didn't like was, they haven't stepped foot into her bedroom since the night of her birthday party and to be honest, it confused her the most out of their weird behaviour because.. At least one of her parents would have went into her room to either tell her that dinner was ready or to say goodnight but now, nothing. They didn't even cook her dinner and when she complains or asks why, she'd always get no reply. It was like.. She wasn't even there.
The last time she saw her mother in her bedroom was a few weeks ago when she caught her mum in her bedroom; she was sitting on the already-made bed with her daughters photo album in hand. She was looking through the pictures with tears running down her cheeks. If she wasn't her mother, Lucy would have thought that the mother had just lost her child and was grieving by the way she was looking at the pictures, whispering to herself every now and then. She could remember her mum putting the album back where it belonged, under her pillow and when Lucy asked her what was wrong, she didn't reply and just left. 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N; Okay so I know that Jongin isn't in it yet but I didn't really want to rush into things because I think that too many fanfics just make the two characters meet straight away and it just.. I don't know.. annoys me a bit? Sorry ;; 
He'll be introduced into the story soon though, don't worry!!