Final.

Newbie Necromancer

Kyungsoo slid the blade over his thumb and winced slightly. He tossed it to the ground and got on his knees.

He quickly ghosted his bloody thumb to create a simple pentagram. He didn't waste time with setting the candles down at each point.

His clean hand grabbed the lighter from off his bed. He lit each one slowly. The lights flickered as he stood up.

He nodded to himself at his first successful set up. It was his first time as a newbie necromancer to summon a demon.

He decided today would be the day simply because he wanted someone dead. He stepped inside the circle and grabbed the book on the table behind him.

He needed to summon a demon that would kill his annoying classmate for him. The classmate was too annoying now that he's been dealing with him for almost four months.

He read the circled text before closing his eyes. His soft lips spoke the words softly.

He dared not to open his eyes as he felt a sudden gush of wind and a dark presence in front of him. He only did when he heard a cough.

A devilishly handsome demon stood before him. The demon's skin was tanned, his hair was a dark brown, and he was clothed in all black.

Kyungsoo placed the book back down without moving his eyes from the male's in front him. The man grinned, "Hello there. I'm Kai."

The necromancer blinked. He had done it. He summoned a demon for the first time. He felt a swelling of pride inside him.

"Hello, Kai. I'm Kyungsoo. I have a request for you."

"Go on."

"I need you to kill someone for me."

Kai tilted his head to the side, "I can't do that."

"What? Why not?" Kyungsoo hissed.

"I'm not a killing demon. You summoned a harmless demon."

"What?!"

Kai shrugged.

"Goddamn it!" Kyungsoo growled and tugged at his hair, "I must have messed up the spell. I'm new to this whole thing."

Kai chuckled.

The smaller stared at him for a moment, "So what do you do then?"

 

-

 

Kai laughed as he moved his game piece one more spot. "I would agree, but... Checkmate."

Kyungsoo grumbled and sighed, "That's the third ing time in a row. You're too good at this."

The tanned male smiled, "Well, you did ask me what I do instead of killing."

Kyungsoo sneered at him. He paused before pushing the board away. "I'll beat you in Chinese checkers though."

Kai smirked, "You're on."

 

Words: 421