CH. One

Our Little Secret
Please log in to read the full chapter

Ari's POV

I was supposed to be working on my end of the semester project for my art class but I just couldn't bring myself to put down the book I'd been reading for the past few days. It was a romance novel called If Only You Knew and it was just too amazing for words. It's about this girl who's a little nerdy and introverted and always has her nose in a book {something I could definately relate with}  and she falls completely, head over heels, in love with one of the biggest football stars at her school. And with a devilish twist by the author she finds out that he's in love with her two. It really is a beautiful story and I've always been a hopless romantic at heart thanks to my mother.

Speaking of my mother, I could hear her sweet melodic laughter ringing from somewhere downstairs, signalling me that she was finally home from her date. Smiling lightly I book marked my page then bounced from my bed and down the stairs in record time to greet her. My mother and I have always been really close, eversince my father passed away when I was really little. We were all each other had so it was only natural for our bond to become stronger right? And since she's finally gotten back into the dating scene she's been happier than I've seen her in a long time which has made me even happier. 

"Mom I'm so glad you're home I can't wait to tell you wh-" I faultered in the middle of my sentence as I rounded the corner into the living room and nearly ran into my mother's boyfriend of six months. "O-oh! Jin I'm so sorry, I didn't see you there." I mumbled taking a step back and bowing a little just like mom had taught me.

I kept my gaze locked on my polka dotted knee high socks until I heard the deep rumbing of his laughter. Curious, I peaked up at him from behind my light brown curls to see him smiling fondly at me while he held my mother close to his side, his arms wound comfortably around her waist. Breathing a

Please log in to read the full chapter