Final

Sounds and Signs of Love

10-04-2014

11: 32 AM

Junghwan,

This old man is definitely hitting on me and I just feel bad for him because I have you. He’s quite good-looking, I must say. Should I break up with you just for now so that I won’t feel bad for having rejecting this man? I mean, I can have a little Vegas fling, right?

The plane is about to take off and I wonder how long will I be able to stand a 12-hour flight. Don’t be lazy there without me or else, Jinyoung-hyung will do everything himself. The man is so much thin, he needed to eat all the pizza you’ve been delivering to customers.

I miss you. But I am mad at you. You should’ve just came with me so we can enjoy this together.

Don’t worry, Junghwan, I will always love you. I won’t break up with you. Of course, it was just a joke.

I miss you.

Sunwoo

 

10-05-2014

2:54 AM

Junghwan,

I just got here in the hotel. My roommate’s sleeping like a log already. Who wouldn’t be? It’s a good thing I brought my player with me. I didn’t get bored listening to your song covers during the flight. He’s from Korea too or at least that’s what his ID says. He looks more of a tall lanky wide-eyed Japanse to me. His name’s Gong Chansik but he’s already asleep when I got here, so we didn’t really had time to chat.

The bed in the hotel is bigger than our bed at home. I wonder how people can sleep comfortably on big beds alone. I don’t like it. It just makes me miss you even more. I desperately wish you are here.

I ate already and drank my vitamins while in the plane. The airline food . Another reason to miss you more: your cooking.

I am still mad at you for pressuring me to come here, alone. But I miss you…

I’ll sleep now.

Sunwoo

 

10-05-2014

8:40 PM

Junghwan,

My roommate’s hanging out with kids of his age. He’s a year younger than us.

Okay, I’m not mad at you anymore because the convention was totally worth it! I can’t deny my happiness and I feel bad for grinning nonstop. I think I scared some people in the convention hall awhile ago.

Action figures and game installations were everywhere. I spent all of my savings and I have no cent to buy you a souvenir. I am sorry. TT____TT

There were people I can talk to and I’m glad I had a chance to chat with someone. We talked about aliens and gadgets and spaceships. It was so much fun.

I’m done packing now. Tomorrow, we’ll leave at 6 in the morning so I just hope you’ll be able to pick me up when I get home.

I miss you.

Can’t wait.

I love you!

Sunwoo

“That was your last delivery,” Jinyoung, his boss, told him and Junghwan beamed as he removed his cap and leaned against the counter.

“Thank you,” Junghwan bowed and unfastened two buttons of his uniform from his neck.

He shuffled through his bag and left the pizzeria with a wide grin. He looked at his watch and smiled that he’s still early and he would make it to the airport before 6. He hailed for a cab and gave instructions quickly.

Sunwoo came 30 minutes after Junghwan arrived and the space geek was smiling brightly while carrying a big knapsack on his bag. Junghwan came towards him and asked if he was hungry. He nodded furiously while taking Junghwan’s free hand and Junghwan pulled him to get in to another cab and look for someplace to eat.

“How was it?” Junghwan asked and signed.

It was okay, Sunwoo signed with his hands and Junghwan kissed his cheek.

“I’m glad you enjoyed it.” Sunwoo only smiled.

It’s been a year since he met Sunwoo sitting in the pizzeria almost everyday on late dinner times. He was with a friend who conversed with him with sign language and it totally shook Junghwan’s world. He found it amazing and he’d started getting curious about sign language then.

Later on he found out that Sunwoo had been crushing on him ever since. Junghwan learned to sign so he can talk to Sunwoo and when Sunwoo had signed him if he can ask him out; he signed back agreeing.

Junghwan smiled at the little notes and scribbles Sunwoo had written on his notebook. He flipped through pages and noted every word. He can clearly imagine Sunwoo’s face while writing these messages.

Junghwan gazed at the sleeping figure beside him. He pulled the coverlet over Sunwoo’s chest. He would sing to him every night and Sunwoo would always tell him how much he enjoys it, through writing or sign.

Sunwoo stirred and looked up at Junghwan. He closed the notebook and placed it on the table side.

Aren’t you going to bed? Sunwoo asked, stifling a small smile.

I’m mad at you. Where’s my souvenir?

Sunwoo only laughed without a sound as he got up and off the bed. Junghwan looked surprised because he wasn’t really expecting a gift. Especially when it’s a convention filled with all his hobby.

Sunwoo went back to his side and offered a small wrapped box.

“What’s this?” Junghwan asked.

Sunwoo pressed the box and insisted Junghwan to open it instead.

Junghwan smiled at the little treat. It’s a yellow rubberduck toy wearing an alien head suit. It’s relatively small and cute and bright, Junghwan can’t stop from grinning.

Did you like it? Sunwoo signed and Junghwan leaned to press a kiss on his lips.

“I love it. I love you.”

I love you too. Sunwoo replied.

Junghwan smiled at how perfectly they fit well despite silence. It was all colourful and wonderful and Junghwan wouldn’t ask for more. Sunwoo pulled the rubber duck away from his hand and placed it beside the notebook. They lied and Junghwan sinked his face on Sunwoo’s chest. It was heavenly and incredible all in between. Even if only the beats of their hearts were the sounds that reverberates. It was all perfect, still.