Roll with It

After Jaejoong manages to untangle himself from the little mess in the fitting room, he stumbles about trying to find a familiar face in an unfamiliar terrain. This must be her country. Taiwan? Sure he has been to another country before. Plenty of times. But, not without a friend or his own entourage following him around... and definitely not in someone else's body. So... who does he know here in this place? Uhh... Stacey?

That is correct. The woman's manager, Stacey. Well, he does not actually know know her... but like... know her... you know? As he rushes through the narrow hallways with one hand doing its very best to cover up the bruised eye, random people stop to greet him... and sometimes they are curious and start saying things to him. He ignores them. He does not do it intentionally though. Haha. Like hell if he knows all the they are saying. Need to keep looking for that chubby chick, Stacey.

Where is she... where is she... and then, he realizes something. One of these people trying to talk to him might know where to find Stacey... or better yet... know where he left his bag and phone... or, uhh, where that woman left her bag and phone. Damn. It is getting a little confusing in his head. But in his defense, this body switching thing has only happened twice. And! He still has no ing clue how it all works.

Despite him not understanding the language spoken, they should understand him, right? Because... whatever comes out of his mouth translates instantly into Mandarin. Still no clue how that all actually flies but... whatever. He scans the passbyers and finds a nice looking dude. This guy looks like he knows her. Maybe.

"Hi... excuse me... Do you know where Stacey is?"

"Who?" The dude seems polite enough, but he looks like he has no ing clue. Just that dumb expression on his face is... Damn. Jaejoong, why you have to be so bad at reading people? Oh well, he is going to keep trying.

"Stacey? My manager? Do you know where she is? She's this tall, has a very round face and... and she's a little chubby (or maybe a lot)."

"Ah!" The dude's reaction is a good sign... a very good sign. "Your manager is probably in your dressing room. I saw her enter the room back there."

Jaejoong watches the man's lips moving... as if the words spilling out might turn Korean at any given moment.

Nope. Not happening. But... the dude seems to know what is up... with that long response and all... oh, and that 'I know this answer!' smile.

"Can you take me to her? Or perhaps... just point out the direction?"

"Sure, sure. I can take you. But... it's a little weird. You still don't know where the dressing room is? You have the only big one in this small stage building..."

Okay. Talk away, little man. Jaejoong does not really give a damn about what the dude is rambling on about. So long as he keeps on walking... walking towards the chubby chick.

As they near the dressing room, the chubby chick comes rolling out with a bag on one arm and a warm looking coat hanging from the other. She turns her head to see two people approaching. "Oh, Xinling. Did you finish up the costume fitting already? I was just about to head on over with your jacket and bag. Thought it might be cold. Your phone has been ringing non-stop. And why are you covering your eye?"

Because he has a black eye...  and of course the phone would be ringing non-stop. The woman would have tried to contact him right away after discovering her body is not her body... yet again. Yes, yes... that is exactly what he would have thought... if he could understand what was said. But, no... he has not magically been given that ability to understand Mandarin yet. But... hopefully, hopefully it will happen soon. Maybe.

Jaejoong marches over, snatches the bag from Stacey, and heads right into the dressing room.

The door slams shut and the lock clicks into place. Oh, how rude. But really... there is just no time for decent manners right now. He is suffering from a major mid-life crisis here. From Stacey's point of view, Xinling has definitely been possessed. She should have called Madam Hong and told the woman to cancel all prior engagements because this is seriously urgent. Stacey is willing to dish out double or even triple pay... because this is really freaking her out. Far worse than PMS, far worse. That episode in the middle of the street that other morning... oh yeah.

Jaejoong turns on the phone and swipes in the passcode. It is the same code as his. What are the odds, right? Anyway... it looks like he is not required to dial in his own number. There is like... already five hundred million miss calls from his number.

"Hello?"

"We switched bodies again."

Oh god. The sound of his own voice. He should totally try to prepare for this next time. Hearing it still comes as a huge shocker.

"I can very well see that."

"But... that's not the big problem. The big problem is... I have filming today. I don't want to back out when it's all set. It'll make me look super unprofessional."

Not his business, but is she being serious? That is more important than trying to switch their bodies back?

"I'm not doing any filming in your place if that's what you're trying to get at."

"Oh my gosh... please, just try to. There's no dialogue today. You just have to do a few ballet moves and—"

Is she being serious? Like seriously? He is not doing ballet. He is not doing it. Know what he is doing though? He is going to try and get back into his own body... and figure how to make the fix permanent.

"We need to get together again... and solve this. I'll obtain another plane ticket from Incheon airport to... to..."

"Taipei."

"Right."

"Why am I always the one flying to you?"

"Because I have no prior obligations to fulfill. I have a two week's break before joining the army and you seem to have lots of things to do here."

"What? You're going into the army? What if we don't solve this before then? Am I supposed to join the army in your place? I don't want to join the army. It's not even for my own country's sake!"

"Trust me... I don't want to be stuck in your body for that long either."

Like she expects him to do ballet. Hell no.

"Fine, fine. Buy me another plane ticket and send the boarding pass. And don't you dare leave the studio stage, you hear me? Stall for time. Stall!" Xinling hangs up on him.

Okay. Time to buy himself another plane ticket... for her... in his name.