All is Well

You're Still My Beautiful Sin

“Hello, I’m Lee Sungmin.”

That sweet yet melodious voice still lingered in his ears.  The beautiful smile that planted on his M-shaped lips haunted him every night…his foxy eyes that staring at him almost make him speechless.

Sungmin.

Lee Sungmin.

His sweet little Sungmin.

Although Sungmin had never mentioned it or confronted to him, he was the sweet little kid who lived with Kyuhyun ten years ago, Kyuhyun was definitely sure Sungmin was that kid.  Why not?  His hairstyle was the same when he was seven.  Sungmin was a kid that turned him into a e according to what society judged him.  Not that anyone knew he was in love with that little kid because they thought it was only a brotherly love.  Yes, it was only a brotherly love on Sungmin’s side but to Kyuhyun, his love to Sungmin was from a lover to his lover.  Only Donghae knew his true feelings towards the younger and what made him appreciated more was Donghae never judged him.  He still remembered Donghae’s word to him.

“Kyuhyun, I know how you feel for Sungmin and I know it’s wrong because he’s only a kid but your love is all the matter.  Just because he’s still a kid now it seems wrong on so many levels but when he’s older it doesn’t matter anymore…trust me…”

True…Sungmin was now 17 years old teenager.  He was really breath-taking and people might mistake him for a girl if it was not because of his school uniform.  He could see boys and girls tried to catch his attentions and being a Lee Sungmin, his bubbly attitude never changed and that was made him a popular flower boy in their school.  When he saw some of the guys especially that blonde one hugged Sungmin, he had some burning desire in him to grab Sungmin away and punched the blonde for hugging what’s his.  But he couldn’t do that…he couldn’t because it seemed like…

Sungmin already forgot about him…

***

“Good morning, Sir Kyuhyun.”

“Good morning.”

The morning started as usual and he continued his teaching.  Only his mouth was moving but his mind kept on thinking about something else.  Every time he faced his students, he noticed Sungmin staring and listen attentively to him.  He didn’t know whether he understood it or not because Sungmin never raised his hands if he asked his students whether they understand his teaching or not.  But never mind he would find out later on when he gave the quiz that he gave them yesterday.  Yeah, he was supposed to know what marks Sungmin got when he checked the paper yesterday but Kyuhyun never checked the name when he calculated the marks for his students.  He only checked their answer and knew who got the highest or lowest marks after he called out their names to give the paper.

One by one he called his students name and he was quite satisfied with their results although they did not achieved his standards but at least they were not failing.  For the last paper on his hand, he frowned.  The mark was the lowest among the papers that he had distributed.

Gosh, this mark is the lowest.  Who could this be?

Lee Sungmin <3

The name was written neatly at the upper side of the paper and with the additional love sign beside his name.  He swallowed his own saliva and stole a glance to Sungmin who was anticipating for his mark.  The anxious face that he made was still the same with little Sungmin ten years ago.

“Lee Sungmin.”

Sungmin stood up fast and walked to the front.  The nearer Sungmin walked to him he felt his heart thumped loudly and erratically.  As Sungmin stopped in front of him, he stretched both of his hands like a little kid.

“Aw…why did my mark is so low?  Mother will surely pull my ears right after she saw this.”  Sungmin pouted and voiced out his dissatisfaction loudly in front of his classmates.  All of the girls were squealing for Sungmin adorable face.  Who could blame him when he was naturally adorable without forcing it.  No matter what face he made he still looked stunning.

“Meet me after school ended.  I need to talk to you about your mark.”

“Yes, sir.”  And his pouted lips never left his face.

***

Kyuhyun sat silently in his room.  Since he was a professor, he had been provided with his own room means that people could not see what he did in his room.  Right now he was waiting for Sungmin to come and he had ordered him before.  For the last one hour he got back to his room, he did nothing but his mind kept on wandering how he should face with Sungmin.  Before this they only communicated in class and the thought was enough that was already awkward for them…scratch that…not for them but for Kyuhyun.

Knock!  Knock!

He startled from his trance.  He stared at the door like Sungmin could walk passed it.  He loosened his tie when he felt the temperature rise in his room.

The AC is not functioning I guess…

“Sir, can I come in?”

Before Kyuhyun gave Sungmin permission to enter his room, Sungmin’s head already popped in from the door.

“I’m not being rude but what’s taking you so long to call me in?”

Kyuhyun raised his eyebrows.  When his little Minnie learn to talk that way?  Okay, Kyu…he’s not that little anymore.

“You are already being rude.  Come in and close the door.”

Once again he pouted and closed the door behind him.  Without being asked, he sat at the chair and facing with Kyuhyun.

Gosh!  Can’t he stop doing that face?

“You know why I already call you here, right?  Let’s not waste time. Explain to me why you got only this?  39?  I already informed to your class that you will be having a quiz.  I’m not making a pop quiz, spontaneous quiz or whatsoever.  You should have well-prepared but why’s that only this you got?”

Sungmin stared at Kyuhyun’s face.  He observed the latter’s handsome face.  At the age of 30, he had become more handsome than before.  His appearance still did not change.  Not even a little bit.  That was one of a reason Sungmin could recognize him right away.

“Me and number are not meant to be together.  I mean, for example if you’re not fated to be with the one you love, do whatever you want you still can’t be with them…but if you’re fated to be together, no matter how far they go…no matter how much time passed by, eventually you will end up together.  Right, sir?”

Kyuhyun didn’t know whether he was misheard or not, Sungmin intentionally emphasized each of his words…like he wanted to imply on something.

Did he remember me?

“Sungmin…”  The boy’s name rolled perfectly on his tongue.  This was the first time he called Sungmin name after ten years and it still left the tingly sensation.  “…what are you’re trying to imply here?”

Sungmin shrugged his shoulder.

“Nothing.  You can think of it in any way you want.  You’re smart and I think you know what I mean perfectly.”

Kyuhyun let out a sigh.  From the way he spoke, Sungmin seemed to give a hint on what he was trying to say…but if he remembered Kyuhyun, why he didn’t jump on him when the first time their eyes met.

“Okay, I think you should find a tutor to help in my subject.  I don’t want you to keep failing in my subject.  It will affect your whole grade later on.”

“Where can I find a good tutor?”

“Kim Kibum can help you.  He’s one of the intelligent students here in my subject.”

“But what if I want you to tutor me?”  Before Kyuhyun could open his mouth, Sungmin cut him off.  “I mean he is one of the intelligent but why not I learn from you directly?  As smart as Kibum is, he might make a mistake too in his tutoring.  I don’t want any false lesson when I’m learning.  Why don’t you tutor me instead?”

“I’m busy…there’s lots of works I mu-.”

“Please…?  With cherry Sungminnie on top?”  Sungmin pleaded Kyuhyun using his big sparkling eyes and puffed his cheeks.  His hands clasped together in a praying style.

Oh my…he’s using the same technique when he’s a little kid…he knows I can’t resist it…

*Flashback*

“Kyuhyunnie, I want a bunny plushy…buy me one!”

“No, Sungmin…you already have one at home and no more plushies for you.”

“B-but Bunny is lonely at home!  He always tells me he wanted a friend to talk with!”

“How can he tell you?  He’s not even alive.”

“You know nothing, hyung.  Bunny only talks with me and he’s scared of you.  Now buy me another bunny or Bunny and me will eat your hair when you’re sleeping!”

“The answer is still a big NO, sweetie…and I’m not afraid of non-living things eat my hair.  See?  This one is no different from the one you have at home.”

“Kyuhyunnie…”

Kyuhyun turned to Sungmin and face-palmed himself.  Sungmin now use his big shining doe eyes to plead him plus with the pouted lips and puffed his cheeks and yeah…his hands clasped together near his chest

I’m not buying that!  I’m not….

“Kyuhyunnie don’t love Minnie anymore…what should I do to continue living in this cruel world…”  Sungmin sighed and make a fake expression that showed he was really hurt and his slumped shoulder.  He caressed the plush toy soft fur for the last time and looked at Kyuhyun with the saddest pair of eyes he could muster.

“Let’s go home, hyung.”

Sungmin watched too many dramas in television.  Kyuhyun groaned in annoyance.

 “Alright!  Alright!  I buy it for my sweet little Minnie.  Now show me which one do you want and I mean it, just one!.”  Sungmin jumped in joy and picked the soft pink stuffed bunny while Kyuhun made the payment.  When they already outside of the shop, Sungmin tugged Kyuhyun’s shirt so that Kyuhyun would bend down and be the same level as Sungmin.  He kissed Kyuhyun’s right cheek.

“I love you, Kyuhyunnie and Mr. Bunny here loves you too.”  He grinned right after that.

Kyuhyun just sighed and ruffled Sungmin’s black hair.  He smiled to the little one.

“I love you too…you sweet little brat.”

*End of flashback*

“Sir?  Sir?  Geez…what are you thinking about?”  Sungmin waved his hands in front of Kyuhyun’s blank face.  He startled from his trance and fixed his glasses.

“Fine.  I will teach you. I am only free on weekend at 5:00 p.m. so make sure you’ll be there on time.  No skipping your tutoring lesson or I’m gonna failed you in this subject.  Do you understand me?”

Sungmin nodded like an obedient little puppy.

“Good.  You can go now.”

The student stood up and before he walked away he turned his back and said to Kyuhyun…

“You’re grumpy for a young fine man.  Smile more so that people don’t afraid to approach you.

With that sentence, he walked out from Kyuhyun’s door and left the older dumbfounded.

How can I smile when I always remember about our broken promise?

***

“Sungmin, how’s school today?”

“Fine, mother.  Just starting from this every weekend I will have to go for a tutoring lesson because I’m failing in my subject.”

“What?  What subject are you failing, dear?”

“Math.”

“Math??  Are you playing a joke with me?  That’s your favorite subject, Minnie.  How can you fail in it?”

Sungmin just gave his mother a faint smile.

“I did it for something. Don’t mind me.  I won’t let it affect my entire grade.”

“Okay, I trust you and I know you know what you are doing.  Who’s going to teach you by the way?”

Sungmin smiled at the thought.

“Cho Kyuhyun.”

***

“Sungmin, pay attention to what I’m teaching. Don’t play with your pencil!”  Kyuhyun scolded Sungmin who did not pay attention to him from the first time he came to his house.  Kyuhyun had been tutoring Sungmin for few weeks now but Sungmin rarely pay attention to him.  Today, he only looked around the latter’s house as if he was an inspector.  This house was really brought many memories to him.  Yes…Kyuhyun was still living in his old apartment ten years ago.  Sungmin smiled in contentment when he remembered those times he spent with the older.  Although his favorite couch was no longer there in front of the television but the aura in the house was still the same.  Like the feeling he had for its owner.

“Lee Sung-”

“I like it when you call me Sungmin.  It sounds really endearing.  Don’t you think so?”  A big grin appeared at his lips showing his bunny teeth.  “Do you live here alone?”

Kyuhyun sent a glare at Sungmin who didn’t seem affected at all.

“You’re here to study.  Not to interview me.”

“Do you live with your girlfriend?  Wait!  Do you have a girlfriend?  Well, you’re already in your 30 you must have a girlfriend.”

“Lee Sungmin…”  Kyuhyun’s voice already getting sternly.

“…and yeah…I can see Miss Seo always sticking like a magnet with you.  Is she your girlfriend?”

“Okay, that’s enough for today.  You can go home now.  I’m not in the mood to teach anymore.”

“Are you mad at me?”

“Oh and here I thought you are oblivious.”

“Aw, come on Mr. Cho…sometimes you need to loosen up a little.  Don’t be too uptight.  You always seem depressed.  What’s the matter?”

Kyuhyun kept his lips shut.  He didn’t have any intentions to answer Sungmin’s question…afraid that he would break down in front of his student.  He even did not look at Sungmin’s face.  Suddenly a warm and smaller hand touched his bigger hand.  It gave shivers to him…it had been a long time since his hands felt the soft touch.

“I’m sorry.  I didn’t mean to offend you.  Forgive me please?”

Unconsciously, at the same time both of them gazed into each other eyes.  Sungmin felt that he could be drowned in Kyuhyun’s dark orbs in any minutes while Kyuhyun…he still felt the same accelerating heart beat whenever he stared into the younger’s mesmerizing eyes.

“It’s okay…you just…just remind me to someone…”

“Who?”

“A boy who lived with me ten years ago.”  Kyuhyun smiled at the thought.  Sungmin also smiled when he saw Kyuhyun’s face softened with the thought of him.

“Where’s he now?”

“Gone.”

“Gone to where?”

Kyuhyun shrugged his shoulder.  A sign that he was not interested to continue the topic.  Sungmin understood well and not pushed Kyuhyun further.

“I better best be home now.”  Sungmin scratched his neck in order to chase away the sudden silent.

“I’m waiting for you to say that half an hour ago.”

“You’re shoo-ing me out?”

“Nah..I’m not that bad.  Let’s call it inviting you out.”

“You’re a meanie!”

“I take that as compliment.”

“It should be an insult!”  Sungmin stuck out his tongue at the amused Kyuhyun.  “Hmph!  I better leave now.  You only know how to raise my blood pressure.”

“Be careful on your way home.  You’ve got my number if something happens on your way back.”

“I know.  I’m not a kid anymore.”

Kyuhyun ruffled his hair and Sungmin shoved his hand away.

“Goodbye Mr. Cho.  Thanks for today.”  Sungmin bowed politely and Kyuhyun replied with a nod.

When the sight of Sungmin disappeared, Kyuhyun closed his door and leaned his back against it.

“If only you know how much you affected me….”

***

“Is that Mr. Cho and Miss Seo walking out from the infirmary?”  Hyukjae murmured curiously to himself right after he spotted Kyuhyun assisted his girl partner, Seo Joohyun by holding her slim waist and leaving the infirmary together.  “…and I thought Mr. Cho do not have any feelings towards Miss Seo.  I better tell Sungmin this.”

“Sungmin!  Hey, Lee Sungmin!”

Hyukjae shouted loudly at the hallway in the school, trying to attract Sungmin’s attention that freely walked with his headphone; shutting his ears from the outside world.

“Yah!  Shortie!”

“Who do you call shortie, huh monkey??”

“Wow, I thought you didn’t hear me.”

“Who wouldn’t if you shouted like a monkey in the zoo?”

Hyukjae hugged Sungmin shoulder and both of them walked together like a true best friend.

“What’s up?  Why did you shout at me?  Someone’s died?”

“Screw your mouth!  Yeah…now I remember.  Just a while ago, I saw Mr. Cho and Miss Seo walking out together from the infirmary and you know what, he hugged her waist!  I’m telling you that really look suspicious because we know how cold Mr. Cho is even to our girl classmates but he’s willing to help her.  Don’t you think something’s fishy here?”

Sungmin lost his voice.  He stopped abruptly from walking and stared at Hyukjae’s confused face.  Kyuhyun hyung helped Miss Seo?   He told me they got nothing to do with each other the last time I asked him.

“Are you sure it’s them who you saw?  Your eyes sometimes are not very useful.”

“Yah!  I’m not blind and I swear on my monkey plushy and strawberry milk that it’s them who I saw!”

“Don’t shout at me!  Who cares if they want to have a relationship?  It’s their life.  It’s a waste of time if we spend time to think about them.  Come on!  Let’s get something to eat.  Poor my tummy, it’s hungry!”  He tapped his stomach several times and tried to look cheerful in Hyukjae’s eyes…he didn’t want him to see through him that he was hurt from what the blonde told him.

“Come on, bunny!  Let’s race who will arrive first!”  Right after that Hyukjae sprinted to the café with Sungmin chased behind him.

“Yah, monkey!  You’re cheating!”

Unaware of their surrounding, both of them were oblivious with a pair of eyes that watching them since Hyukjae hugged tightly Sungmin’s shoulder.

***

“Sungmin, where are you?  You’re already late!  Don’t make me worried!”  Kyuhyun raised his voice to Sungmin on the telephone but his voice was laced with worries.  Sungmin was already two hours late plus it was raining right now but there was no sign of him came to his house plus his messages to the latter had gone to the voice mailbox.  The last time Sungmin contacted him was only using a text message saying his on his way but that was two hours ago!

Kyuhyun glanced at his wrist watch.  9:00 p.m.

Maybe to others it was still early but not for Kyuhyun when Sungmin promised to go to his house at 7:00 p.m.

Dammit!

He quickly ran to his bedroom, took his jacket and dashed out of his house.  He didn’t even lock his door…too worried about Sungmin who wasn’t answering his phone.  He was searching frantically for Sungmin when his feet brought him to the alley that made him met with Sungmin ten years ago.  He also couldn’t describe why his feet automatically took him there…like something was pushing him to back at this place.

“Sungmin!  Sungmin!  Are you here?  Answer me!”

Kyuhyun kept on shouting out loud while searching for Sungmin.  Who knew Sungmin might hear him.  He didn’t think this was a prank from the younger.  As mischievous boy as he was, he never played a prank like this.

“Sung…”  Before he could shout Sungmin’s name once again, his eyes widen in horror.  There…lying unconsciously on the cold ground with a ripped t-shirt, his pants were pooled at his ankles…his usually smiling lips had some bruised…together with his tears-stained chubby cheeks…there were bruises stained there.  Kyuhyun gasped.  He couldn’t believe the person lying there was Sungmin.  His little Sungmin…exactly like ten years ago but this time it was worse than before.  Without wasting any time, he rushed and kneeled besides the younger.  Tears streaked his cheeks when he picked Sungmin up and hugged him tightly in his embrace.  His tears wetting Sungmin’s face and his heart…his poor heart shattered into pieces looking at Sungmin in this state.

“Sungmin, what happened to you?”  He choked in his tears.

He quickly wiped his tears and it felt like dejavu when he took off his jacket and put it on Sungmin.  He carried Sungmin in bridal style and ran fast as lightning although Sungmin was quite heavy.  As soon as he reached his home…fortunately he forgot to lock it so he didn’t have to search for the key in his pocket, he closed the door with his legs and went to his bedroom.  He laid Sungmin on his bed and gently he changed Sungmin’s ripped pink shirt and pants with his pajamas and then he went outside to get warm water and clean towels to nurse the latter.  Every time he cleaned the bruises, his tears flowing freely.  He might have an idea what had happened to Sungmin but his heart…he tried to deny it.  Now, it was really remind him of ten years ago…exactly like this.  The last time he cried this badly when Sungmin left him and now he cried again because of Sungmin.  Sungmin was his first love…the first person he gave his heart to although it was not reciprocated.  After he had done nursing Sungmin, he sat on the bed beside the unconscious younger.  He was quite worried now…he didn’t know how Sungmin would react when he woke up and he was sure, it was not the same when he was seven years old.

He Sungmin’s hair…moved to his cheeks and lastly his bruised lips.  Before he moved to the couch in beside the wardrobe, he once again tucked Sungmin under the duvet and kissed his forehead.

Sleep well, my little Minnie…

***

Kyuhyun woke up from his slept after he heard Sungmin mumbled and rustled on his bed…his head kept tossed from left to right and his body was covered with sweat.  He rushed to Sungmin’s side, cupped his cheek and gently slapped it to wake him up from his nightmare.

“Sungmin…wake up…I’m here…”

Slowly Sungmin opened his teary eyes and looked straight to Kyuhyun’s eyes.  As soon as he got a clear view of Kyuhyun’s face he started to sob loudly and hugged the older’s neck.  Kyuhyun was shocked but he didn’t push him away instead he the back of his body and whispered comforting words.

“Kyuhyunnie…”

That particular endearing nickname made him startled.  He stopped from Sungmin’s back and stiffened.  Kyuhyunnie….it had been ten years last since he heard that nickname being said by the boy in his embrace.

“S-Sungmin..”

He pushed Sungmin’s body a little bit so that he could see Sungmin’s face.  The boy still crying endlessly and he tried to cover his face with his hands.  Kyuhyun sighed.  Now it was not a perfect time to ask Sungmin whether he did remember him or not.  He hugged Sungmin back and moved their body back and forth while his hair.  Sungmin liked it when he did that to him when he was little.  Finally, Sungmin stopped from crying and only left with a sob but he still clung into Kyuhyun.

“Sungmin, do you hungry?  I can prepare food for you.”  Sungmin nodded slowly and Kyuhyun smiled when he acted like a little child.

“What do you want to eat?”

“Pancakes.”  His voice was only small and nearly couldn’t be heard if you sat far from him.  Kyuhyun nodded and stood up from the bed.  But somebody grabbed his hand it by no other than Sungmin.

“I-I want t-to f-follow you.”

“You’re still sick.  Just lie down on my bed and I will bring your pancakes okay?”  Sungmin stared at him with those big doe eyes but they were not sparkling as usual but it was full of sadness and longing.  He ruffled Sungmin’s hair and left the bedroom.

After fifteen minutes of preparing Sungmin’s pancakes, he brought it to him and smiled when he caught Sungmin sat leaning to the headboard while playing with his fingers.

“Sungmin, here’s your pancakes.  I made it special for you.”  Sungmin snapped out from his reverie and looked at Kyuhyun who threw him a gentle smile.  Sungmin blushed and lowered his head.  It had been a long time both of them been in this situation and he was sure that Kyuhyun thought he already forgot about him but he purposely called Kyuhyun with his nickname when he hugged the older earlier and he thought it was about time he told Kyuhyun he never forgot him instead every day since he was a kid, Kyuhyun’s image always appeared in his mind and the thought of Kyuhyun broke their promise really made him mad.

“It’s still taste the same.”

Kyuhyun stopped from feeding Sungmin and threw a confused look to him.

“Hyung, why did you break our promise?”

“Sungmin…”

“I already told you how scary I would be if you break our promise.  Why did you still break it?”

“I was-”

“Did you really intend to throw me away from your life?  Am I only a burden for you when I was staying here?”

“It’s not that…I was just thought that’s the best for you.”

“Hyung, you know why I’m willing to get back to my parents…you have promised to visit me but you broke it!  Do you know every day I cried because I missed you?  Do you know every night I cried in my sleep but I tried to hold it back because I have promised you I will be a good and a strong boy?  Do you?  You never think about my feelings, hyung!  I maybe a little kid at that time but I know how hurt it is when somebody promised you something but you break it at the end without any good reason!  And…and when I met you again, you didn’t acknowledge me…you act like you never know me…do you know how hurt it is?  Do you already forget about me?”

Every word out from Sungmin’s lips broke his heart.  He didn’t know that all these years Sungmin remembered him and suffered when he was not there with him.  He only thought about his misery but not once he thought just maybe Sungmin felt the same as him.  He pulled Sungmin into his hug and kissed his hair several times.

“I’m sorry…Sungmin.  I didn’t mean to…I thought you will forget about me when time flies.”

“Why did you do that, hyung?  I only want to know why…”

Kyuhyun closed his eyes and tried to calm his heartbeat that never stopped from beating crazily the first time he found Sungmin at the alley.

“I-I’m in love with you.  I know it’s wrong and I know what people call to a person like me but I can’t help it.  My heart…it’s not in my power to tell me who do I like and for whom it’s beating.  Until now…I still love you, Sungmin…maybe you feel disgust with me now but-“

Before he could end his sentence, a pair of soft lips landed on his own lips.  His eyes widened when he saw Sungmin’s face with his closed eyes kissed him softly.  It was the second time he tasted those cherry lips.  The first time was when the last night they spent time together on bed but Sungmin was fast asleep.  Slowly he closed his eyes and followed what his heart said…it felt wrong but at the same time his heart swollen with happiness.  Both of them enjoyed the slow kiss and they didn’t have to part their lips for some air.  Kyuhyun nibbled Sungmin’s bottom lips and the younger tighten his arms on the older’s neck and brought their body closed together.  Kyuhyun’s left hand caressed Sungmin’s back and once in a while they changed their angle of kissing…after a while of kissing each other, they parted for air but their noses still brushed together also their lips just a mere inches.

“I love you too, Kyuhyunnie…”  Sungmin gave one last peck to Kyuhyun’s lips.

Both of them smiled to each other.  Finally after years of separated they became one.

***

“Min, are you sure you don’t want to lodge a police report?  We can’t just let him escape like that.”

It was Sunday.  Sungmin had been staying with Kyuhyun for two days because he didn’t want his family to know what had happened to him.

“I don’t want to…I don’t want to meet him again.  Besides I couldn’t see his face in the dark.”

Kyuhyun sighed and brought their body closed together.  He tucked his chin under Sungmin’s head and once in a while he kissed the black hair while Sungmin played with their fingers.

“I really missed this.”

“What do you mean?”

“This…us together like the old time…just…”

“Just what?”

Sungmin chuckled and sent vibrations to Kyuhyun’s body.

“You’re getting old and I’m getting cuter but that’s okay…I still love you the way you are.”

“Yah!  How could you say that?  This old man is the one you kissed since two days ago every hour and for your information I’m still handsome.  Can’t you see your classmates keep on flirting with me?”

Sungmin pouted and scrunched his eyebrows.

“I didn’t approve of that.  Luckily you're ignoring them or I have to punch them one by one to make them stay away from you…and one more thing, stay away and don’t be too close with Miss Seo.  I hate her for clinging to you.”

“You sound like a jealous wife, Min but that’s cute and you know I don’t love her.  I only love you, sweetie.”

“Good and now I want to take a shower.  Prepare the dinner okay, honey?”

“Hey, I’m not the wife here!  You’re the one who will be the bride!”

Sungmin just threw a flying kiss.  He giggled like a little girl and rushed to the bathroom.

Kyuhyun was too absorbed in his cooking when heard Sungmin screamed in his bedroom.  He turned off the stove and rushed to his bedroom only to find Sungmin clad only in a towel with a familiar pink shirt in his hand.

“Hyung…this…”

“Ah…that…I forgot to put it in your bag but it’s a good thing that I forgot because that’d the only thing I have to remind me of you.”

Sungmin grinned widely and hugged Kyuhyun tightly.  He showered Kyuhyun’s cheeks with the kisses and Kyuhyun only chuckled with the adorable gesture until he realized that Sungmin was only in his towel and that exposed his milky white body.

“Min, that’s enough.  I think you should quickly put your clothes on or you will catch a cold.  We don’t want that to happen, don’t we?”

Sungmin who was oblivious with Kyuhyun’s discomfort only let out an ‘oh’ and smiled sweetly to him.  Kyuhyun quickly walked out from the room and clutched his chest.

Man…if that happens again, I don’t think I can control myself…

***

Sungmin smiled brightly that morning until Hyukjae felt irritated.  Sungmin never smiled like that.  It was too bright with happiness!

“Bunny, are you okay?  Why are you smiling the whole day?”

“Nothing.  I’m just feeling good.”

“Tsk.  Yah, have you thought what you want to do after we graduated from high school?  I think I want to pursue my study abroad…sounds fun, right?  We can get a new environment and learn about new culture.”

“I always want to go to Japan…”

“That’s great!  We can go there together!  Let’s reach our dream and be a better man in the future so that people can’t look down on us and order us around…you know people didn’t want to listen to our voice just because they think we are still young and foolish…but we can change that, right Bunny?

Sungmin listened and thought about what Hyukjae said.  Right now, he was only a student while Kyuhyun had already achieved what he wanted in life.  He wanted to be like Kyuhyun so that they could stand on the same level.  They had to separate for a few years again of course but for the future, they should sacrifice something, right?

“Yeah, let’s do that Hyukkie.”

***

“Don’t frown, hyung.  It’s only for three years.  We will be back together as soon as I finish my study.”

“It’s not that, baby…at that time, I am already an old man.”

Sungmin giggled and cupped Kyuhyun’s cheek, tiptoed and kissed the Kyuhyun’s lips.

“You know why I must do this, hyung.”

Kyuhyun gazed into Sungmin’s brown eyes and smiled a little bit.  At the age of 30, he still felt insecure if Sungmin was far away from him.

“I understand.  Just don’t flirt when you’re there okay.  Always stay with Hyukjae and call me if anything happens.”

The younger rolled his eyes.

“Nobody use telephone now, Kyuhyunnie.  We can always video cam and that sounds much better and I can see your face too.”

The announcement from the speaker to the passenger who took the flight to Japan startled them both.  Kyuhyun sighed and hugged Sungmin for the last time.

 “I love you, baby…don’t forget me.”

“Minnie will only love Kyuhyunnie.”  Kyuhyun smiled in the hug.

One last kiss on the lips and Sungmin walked to the escalator, waved his hands and grinned widely.  There was no tears accompanied their separation because both of them wanted it to be a beautiful last meeting.  It was not a goodbye but one new step of their relationship.

***

3 years later-Korea

Kyuhyun sat calmly on the bench, waiting for Sungmin’s arrival.  Yesterday, the younger called and told him that he would be arrived at Korea today and Kyuhyun had been there one hour earlier.  Just now, the flight from Japan had landed and although Kyuhyun’s face seemed calmed but his heart was beating crazily like their first met.  It had been three years that they last saw each other and they only chatted using Skype.  He could see the younger’s face but he longed to touch those fluffy cheeks in his palms.  When he couldn’t wait anymore he stood up and search for Sungmin’s figure among the crowded people but not to avail.  Sungmin was petite and it was hard to find him in this sea of people.

Warm and much smaller hands closed his eyes from behind.  Kyuhyun smiled widely…he knew too well the owner of this sneaky hands.  He grabbed those hands and brought the owner’s body to his embrace.  Gosh!  He really missed to hug this small boy.

“Not fair!  I want to give you a surprise!”  Sungmin pouted and stomped his feet….dissatisfied because Kyuhyun knew it was him.

“No can do, baby.  You already told me you will be back today plus I only here to pick you up.  Why did you think I didn’t know it’s you.”

Sungmin chuckled.  “You’re still handsome, Kyuhyunnie…”  Sungmin brought their body together and inhaled Kyuhyun’s manly scent.

“I know…that’s my specialty.  Now, let’s go home.”  Kyuhyun pulled Sungmin’s luggage bags.

They walked together hand in hand with smile on their face.

“Kyuhyunnie, I’m at the legal age now, right?”  Sungmin suddenly asked and both of them stopped from walking.

“Yeah, so?”

“That means…we can make a baby now.”  Sungmin whispered to Kyuhyun’s ear, pecked his cheek and run far away from Kyuhyun while laughing.  The older widen his eyes.  Surprised with the younger’s bold suggestion.

“Hurry up, Kyuhyunnie!  The baby’s waiting!”  Sungmin shouted and waved to Kyuhyun indicated for him to walk faster.

Kyuhyun chuckled with amusement and shook his head.

Once you are my beautiful sin and you’re still my beautiful sin that I’ve never regret…

I love you, Lee Sungmin….

 

- END -

 

a/n:  It's short and it's terrible with no beta-ed.