I Can Hear You

I Can Hear You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I Can Hear You

 

Tapping her leather boots on the wet street, shoving her hands in her pockets and covering with the warm wool scarf, Mes shivers every time the cold breeze brushes her now-cold skin.

 

She checked the time in her watch and took a deep breath before moving her freezing body towards the long building. As soon as she entered the hall, she felt calm and safe, she felt home.

 

She walked to the closest seat, the atmosphere was quiet and warm. Her eyes spotted the white piano that was sitting on the side of the wooden stage, spotlights on it. The spotlights suddenly went down for a second then switched on on the other side of the stage, where the boy with the ice-blonde head came out.

 

The boy stopped in the middle of the stage and bowed down to the audience, bright smile plastered on his face making him look brighter, like a piece of raffaello. The girl smiled to herself and clapped her hands lightly.

 

He waited for the applauses to calm down to continue his way towards the piano. When he did, he calmly sat on the piano seat, taking a deep breath before his pretty fingers rested on the keys. 

 

As soon as his fingers touched the cold piano keys, he closed his eyes. His fingers hit the first notes of Yiruma’s River Flows on You.

 

Her favourite piano song. She closed her eyes, the smile never leaving her lips. Even though she’d known him for almost a year now, she’d never been able to talk to him personally yet, nor hear his voice. She was pretty sure that his voice sounded angelic because every feature of him was heavenly angelic.

 

As his fingers hit the last notes, she unlocked her phone searching for the name of ‘ANGEL’ in her contacts and once she found it, she started to type.

 

‘Never missing your amazing performances! I’m so happy that you played my favourite song again =D! Looking forward to your performances, Cheonsa boy! LOL’ 

 

She pressed ‘send’ without any hesitation as she got up, giving the boy one last glance before heading outside the building to her house.

 

The boy, who was receiving flowers and complements about how great he was, kept stealing glances on that girl from the beginning.

 

‘You should’ve at least say hi to me personally, for once.’ He thought as he bowed for the last time, going to the backstage to gather his things.

 

He checked his phone and he smiled as he saw that he received a message from her. ‘As always.’ 

 

 

“Where were you?” Yugyeom asked Mes as he took a bite from her ice cream and she groaned.

 

“Stop it I know that you’re trying to get my attention to steal my ice cream pfft.” She sighed. After a moment of thought, where was she? “Perhaps you forgot that today’s Friday?” She said in a sarcastic sassy way.

 

“Ahh, I almost did.” He made a disgusted face, but he wasn’t really disgusted it was just for teasing her. “Anyway how was it?”

 

“As usual, more than perfect.” She said flatly.

 

“Mes.” His tone suddenly went serious, which caught Mes’s attention immediately. She gave him a questioning expression with a hint of curiousness. “There’s something that I really wanted to tell you, it’s not about me; nor you. Well, it’s kind of related to you I can tell.” He said, sheepishly scratching the back of his neck.

 

“What is it?” She stopped and looked into his eyes, she felt like she was going to freak out. 

 

“It’s about that guy, Youngjae.”

 

“Come on Yugyeom what is it?” She tried to be as cold as she could, but her best friend knows how she’s dying from the inside to know the slightest and the stupidest fact about that guy, erm, Youngjae.

 

“He’s voiceless.” He said searching for a slight expression on her face, but it was empty. He never imagined that this would be her reaction. Did she already knew about it? She’s been knowing him for almost a year but she never mentioned him being voiceless. Yugyeom stood like that in front of her for almost a minute, she didn’t move a single part of her; even her eyes. She was still looking at Yugyeom, but not meeting his eyes.

 

It’s like the world stopped for a minute then, a chuckle slipped out of her dry mouth as she rolled her eyes and pushed her hair back behind her ears. “Is this really what you wanted to say Kim Yugyeom? Chah I thought you had something really interesting.” She chuckled dryly again before continuing. “Anyway, it’s getting late and I’m wasting my precious time with you, I gotta go. Bye” She said before he could even speak, she patted his head before shoving her hands in her pockets and covering her head with the hoodie and walking home.

 

Yugyeom was left there, dumbfounded. He never expected that reaction from her, he felt stupid and guilty for not understanding his best friend’s empty expression.

 

 

Mes walked home slowly, she stopped midway, realising what had Yugyeom just said few minutes before. She pulled out her phone, searching for the name ‘ANGEL’ again and she started to scroll down their conversations.

 

She never deleted that conversation since the first ‘Hi’ she typed to him. She loved being the anonymous fan to him, she thought he didn’t know how she looks like, how she used to dress every time she attended his performances. She thought she was just a ‘fan’ to him, and he knew she was thinking of it that way, which he hated. 

 

She thought she knew everything about him, yet she felt like she knew nothing. She started to comprehend everything, from the beginning.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter