~Happy~

Happy

Be Happy

 

            To the one who make me happy; where ever you are, I hope that you’ll always be happy.

 I don’t know since when it did your existence became an essential part of me? Although you might not know… but… the sincere smiles you send me always gives me butterflies.

Although I pretend I don’t notice this, but I know they only shine for me; your eyes the light in them give it away.

Whenever I sit idly my eyes somehow always want to meet with yours.

“Wae?” Myungsoo asks while he rests his chin on the palm of his hand; a smile crept across his face as you stared on at Sungyeol who sat silently beside him. The other male giving no answers leaving Myungsoo pensive. Sungyeol didn’t say it, but sometimes Myungsoo wonders if he bothers Sungyeol with his subtle glances and stares. Sometimes he wonders if Sungyeol actually thought of him as some weirdo, like a lot of their other friends often say; for always staring at the other boy’s direction. Sometimes he wonders if Sungyeol regrets his decision on being with Myungsoo. He couldn’t figure out what could possibly went on through Sungyeol’s mind.

He couldn’t help it, whenever Myungsoo was around the other boy he found himself smiling or grinning for no reason; sometimes at Sungyeol, sometimes just by himself without the other knowing, but whatever it might be it was all for the same reasons. Sungyeol just became the course of them all. Sungyeol became his happiness.  

“Ani, it’s nothing.” Sungyeol responds lightly a small smile crept on his face as well.

You don’t know how much I appreciate the special smiles that you reserved for me.

 

            Don’t be sad if I pull away; it’s not my fault.

Because your hugs …make my heart flutter, and I’m just shock. I really don’t know what to do.

           

            Myungsoo could feel Sungyeol’s shoulders stiffen as he pulls the other into a strong hold, hugging him tightly out of excitement. The younger male couldn’t contain himself as they watch the lights go off, and fireworks set off into the sky. For a second, he felt a small prang of disappointment pulled at his heartstrings, but he didn’t let that deterred him from having a wonderful night with Sungyeol. It was New Years, and they had promised to each other that they would spend it together under Tokyo Tower at the plaza to watch the fireworks go off. Music played in the square as the show went on.

            Myungsoo shook off the small prang of hurt and continued wrapping his arms around Sungyeol in the cold night under the fireworks. To his surprise this time Sungyeol lean in towards him and rested his head on Myungsoo’s shoulders. The raven haired male took an opportunity to plant a kiss on top of Sungyeol’s head, to surprise the other male didn’t stiffen up this time. He could feel Sungyeol’s soft cheeks rubbing against the nape of his neck. With a content smile the raven haired boy brushed his fingers through Sungyeol’s hair, gently playing with the strands as the show went on.

But…I’m working on it, so just give me some time.

 

To the one that loves me

I tried my best…But somehow you’re always a step ahead.

Sungyeol wanted it to be a surprise for Myungsoo, and this was why he didn’t even bother mentioning it this morning to their other friends of his plans. He wanted to be a surprise just with the two of them. He wanted make Myungsoo a surprise dinner. Sungyeol had everything set up already. As soon as Myungsoo comes back from his evening classes; as soon as he enters lights will go on, and the 100 surprise balloons will fly out the hidden box. He had ordered food to be delivered to the apartment promptly around 7:30 pm; Yes, he ordered, because God knows the dinner would be ruined if he actually attempt to cook it (Between the two of them Myungsoo was the chef in this relationship.) He even asked Dongwoo for help on how to work the confetti machine. He knew Myungsoo had an obsession with confetti once when they went to a show, and towards the end they shot out confetti into the sky. He could’ve sworn he saw the other boy eyes b red at the sight of the little white papers falling like snow from the sky, and that smile; he could never forget that smile as the boy attempt to catch the little pieces as they heavenly fell down.

Although he could tell Myungsoo was slightly disappointed at him this morning when he pretended not to remember what day it was. But, of course he knew what day it was, It was March the freaking 13th; one of the most important days ever, and Sungyeol felt quite guilty, but he told himself it was for the other’s best interests.

It was a quarter after seven, Sungyeol knew Myungsoo wouldn’t be home until eight, so he was happy everything was set up perfectly. The only thing he had to do now was turn off the lights and pretend no one was home, and wait until Myungsoo comes back from his evening class.

The boy made some last minute decoration fixes as he placed more tape on the strings of the M shaped balloon from the “Happy Birthday Myungsoo” balloons that he had taped onto the back of the sofa.

*ring ding dong*

Sungyeol moved himself over to the doors. “It must be the food caterer coming with their steaks.” 

To Sungyeol’s horror it wasn’t the food caterer guy, but his boyfriend.

“M…Myungsoo…”

“Surprise!” Myungsoo calls out to him from his place at the door. “I got out of class early today, but I forgot my keys so I had to use the doorbell, I bought us CAKE and your favorite filet mignon steak, since I want to spend my birthday with…uh…why are all the lights turned off?”

Sungyeol didn’t move from his position. He couldn’t let Myungsoo enter, but he couldn’t not let Myungsoo enter either.

“Um…You…b..brought steak…cake…too?”

“Sungyeol?....” Myungsoo was confused at Sungyeol who stood with the door cracking open only by a foot not allowing Myungsoo to take any steps further. “Are you alright? Are you sick?”

Sungyeol felt the back of Myungsoo’s hand go on his forehead trying to feel his temperature. With a worried face Myungsoo pushed his way through their dark now dark house and flicked on the lights. Nervously Sungyeol closed his eyes.

Myungsoo smile, his eyes lighting up brightly. “You did this all by yourself?”

“So…much for the surprise…” Sungyeol said dejectedly. The timer for balloons and confetti was set around eight, and it wasn’t eight.

“No, I love it!” Myungsoo calls out admiring the decorations that Sungyeol had set up for him.

            At 7:30 p.m. the restaurant cater boy came by. Now there was just too much food for two people since Myungsoo had picked up some on his way back.  

“Well at least now we know what we’re having tomorrow night as well.” Sungyeol states.

“It’s ok Yeolie, we’ll finish it all anyways even if I have to eat just this stuff the whole week. I won’t waste anything.” Myungsoo smiles on reassuringly. The two of them set up the dinner together; the dining table was light by pretty candle lights and some a small flower bouquet in the middle (complimentary of Sungyeol). They played some soft music to help the atmosphere.

The two made themselves comfortable in their seats opposite of each other as they prepare to eat. Sungyeol was greatly disappointed that Myungsoo saw his surprise before planned, however the latter reassured him that everything was fine; and at least he was glad that Sungyeol hadn’t forgot his birthday.

A loud crack rang through the house and shocked the both of them in the midst of dinner. All attention went towards the direction where the noise came from.

“Ah, I forgot about the confetti…”

 

Myungsoo’s face turned from shock into a beaming smile, his eyes light up at the sight before him, and immediately pulling Sungyeol into a bear hug. Sungyeol found himself unable to contain his smile as well once he saw Myungsoo’s face light up in sheer happiness.

To the one I love…

I don’t show my emotions well, but please be patient with me, so regardless I do love you.

Sungyeol stared up from the book he was reading, his eyes traveling over to one sitting next to him. Myungsoo had been fiddling with the rubric’s cube in his hands for the past hour. Although it was their first Year Anniversary, but because of Sungyeol’s busy classes he couldn’t really go out to do anything with Myungsoo. The two decided to settle with a semi-romantic dinner after studying, and enjoy the rest of the evening at home. It made him feel terrible, but it couldn’t be helped. Finals was just around the corner, and unlike Myungsoo he wasn’t an academic prodigy.

He was lucky.

            Lucky, because Myungsoo was so understanding. Lucky, because he had Myungsoo.

            Sungyeol stared over at Myungsoo again,

            “Myungsoo yah, I like you.”

            “Me too, I love you.” Myungsoo smiled leaning in to close the gap between them and laying kisses on Sungyeol’s lips. He stopped after a minute, black orbs staring directly into Sungyeol’s lighter ones; the distance between them were only centimeters apart.

            It was Sungyeol’s turn. He leaned in towards Myungsoo closing the distance between them. His long fingers gently placed on the side of Myungsoo’s cheeks. Sungyeol could feel Myungsoo’s indented dimples under his fingers as the other wraps strong arms around Sungyeol’s slender torso pulling them towards him.

            Sungyeol gave him one kiss; another one, and another one…

             

I’m glad you know.

I love you, too. So, I hope with me you’ll always be ~happy~.

Because my love, you are the source of my happiness too.