Meeting of Destiny

Broken Smile

                  

Doe eyes stared back into his as gunshots could be heard from the background. "What are you doing here?!", The stranger shouted at him while his eyes scanned Sehun from head to toe. The hard gaze on him made him sutter "I-I got lost.". Sehun felt like he shunk down in size under the other's eyes staring at him. The stranger's eyebrow lifted up "Well that sounds about right.". "You don't look like you belong here. You better go before you get hurt...or killed.." the male in light aurburn hair mumbled the last part and luckily, the words didn't reach Sehun's ear. Rubbing the back of his neck, Sehun gave a sheepish smile "I don't know how to get out of here.".

"Duck.", the word of command suddennly left the stranger's mouth. "What?" and before Sehun could ask why, the stranger pushed his head down and swung his fist at a man. Where'd he come from?! Damn! The poor man got knocked out with one punch. In Sehun's eyes that looked awesome, but part of him was scared out of him mind. The stranger was two times smaller in size than the man but managed to knock him out. His heart was going to jump out from his throat.

"Don't look like that.", the stranger stood infront of him. If he looked close enough, he could swear he saw blood seeping through the other's shirt and his eyes widened. Meanwhile, the stranger found this him very annoying. Maybe he should just leave the kid for dead, but he's far too nice for that, really. "I'll lead you.", the stranger rolled his eyes when the boy blinked rapidly and tilted his head in confusion, "Out of here. I'll lead you out of here.". "Oh, thank you.", Sehun could feel some kind of liquid on his hand when the stranger grab his hand and he had a pretty good assumption of what it was, but he wasn't going to say anything.....nor was he going to freak out about it.

Under the dim light, he could see the male who was leading him out clutching his side while blood was dripping down his sides and if Sehun's eyes saw right, he was limping. "Stop staring at me.", the stranger didn't even look back when he said that. Maybe he had eyes in the back of his head. "I don't have eyes on the back of my head.", stated the stranger. Or maybe he can read minds! "I can't read your mind. Stop thinking stupid things.".

Sehun's jaw dropped "How did you know then?!". "From an idiot like you, it's pretty easy to guess what's on your mind.", a chuckle left the other's mouth eventhough it pained him to. The brunette was going to reply back, but decided against it. From the looks of it, the stranger would have no problem knocking him out too if he did something the other didn't take a liking to.

A few more moments of walking or limping in the stranger's case and seeing the stranger knock out people who tried to attack them on their way, they arrived at the end of the alleyway. "Go.... don't.....come back.", the stranger breathed heavily. The dim light shined brighter and let the brunette's eyes memorized every feature the other possessed. The stranger's beautiful smooth pale skin, a cute nose, doe eyes, and thin purse lips, everything, even the stanger's light auburn hair that fell over his forehead.

"Did you hear me?", a snap took him out of his trance and he nodded his head furiously. "Then go.", he saw the stranger's back as the other turned around heading into the alleyway again. "WAIT! What's your name?!", Sehun shouted before the other got too far away. Turning around, the stranger with doe eyes gave him a brief smile "You don't need to know that." before turning back and going further into the dark alleyway. 

When he saw the stranger limping, clutching his sides, and left a trail of blood as he went, Sehun had the urge to run after him, but decided against it when a cry of pure agony reached his ears. This night he'll remember, he'll have it marked in his mind forever. It would be too hard to forget. The stranger, even drenched in think red liquid and decorated with scars, looked incredible. One thing stood out above all, the doe eyed male's smile. Even though he only saw it for a short time, he saw it clearly. A smile like that from a stranger's eyesmay look natural and bright, but Sehun saw it in a different way even if he was considered a stranger himself.

Where others may think that smile was real, he saw that it was fake. Where others saw it as bright, he saw how shattered it was. It was night, but he saw it clear as day, the doe eyed male held a broken smile. So much did he have the desire to fix it, but there was chance that they'll meet again. So Sehun decided to leave it up to destiny. If the two met again in someway, then it was his destiny to fix that broken smile. Standing in the middle of he doesn't even know where, he threw his fist up in the air like a crazy person "Destiny!", and nodded his head.

"I don't want too, hyung!", the doe eyed boy jumped up, swinging his hyung's arm. "I'm sorry, but you're going and that's final, Luhan.", the single lidded male stood firm. "You sound like a mother, Minseok hyung.", Luhan swung the elder's arm with alot of force before stomping off to his room and slamming the door. A long sigh escaped from Minseok as he made his way over to the other's room. He turned the door knob, but "Come on Luhan, don't be like that." Luhan locked the door. "Open up.", he gave the wooden door gentle knocks and shouting could be heard from the other side "NO! YOU'RE THE WORST BROTHER EVER!!".

"I will break this door down.", Minseok threatened and after he heard some shuffling, the door opened. He was faced with a teary eyed Luhan with pouted lips. "Come here.", the younger hesitantly entered the elder's open arms. "You have to at the least graduate high school, you know that right?", Minseok rubbed comforting circles on the younger's back "You dropped out in your senior year so you just have to endure a year before you get out of there, alright?". A soft smile climbed onto Minseok's lips when he felt Luhan nod his head on his shoulder.

Luhan didn't want to go back and Minseok knew that, but he had to and he was sure he'll have no problems in school either. Luhan looked young enough and was a delight to people's eyes, so he'll just glide through the school year. However, if there were any problems, Luhan could more than enough take care of that by himself. The younger dreaded going back, but he had to. He didn't want to argue with his beloved hyung any longer. "So are we okay?", Minseok asked. Silently nodding his head, Luhan gave the elder a peck on his cute chubby cheek. "Good.", the older of the two male's smile grew wider "Let's go to sleep, it's late.".

 He was about to head over to his room, but the younger wouldn't budge and shook his head. "Okay.". Minseok knew what the doe eyed male wanted. "Jump.", on the command, Luhan hopped up and wrapped his leps around Minseok's waist. Minseok held onto his dongsaeng's hip while walking over to the bed and setting him down before climbing on the bed himself. "Good night, hyung.", Luhan whispered, eyes already's shut snuggling into the warmth of Minseok's chest. Minseok placed a kiss on the latter's forehead before closing his eyes too "Night.".


Sehun didn't hate going to school unlike his best friend who dreaded it, but that didn't mean he liked it either. To him, it was just alright. His grades were always perfect and he was known for always placing first on his test and exams. Had an abundance amount of friends and a really nice reputation if he would say so himself. All in all, he got everything there was to get in high school, but still he didn't really fancy it in there since there was never really something he looked forward to.

It was like any other day to him. Going to class, greeting people on the way, but something was a little different from his usual routine. The image of a certain male with light auburn hair and doe eyes kept forcing it's way into his thoughts. It's been a couple weeks since that memorable event took place and that's all he could think about ever since.

Never had he even once caught another glimpse of the stranger he had met since. Letting out a grunt "Ugh!", he caught the attention of the students in the room. Maybe the universe wasn't on his side. Maybe it wasn't destiny after all. Or maybe it was.

"Everybody sit up! We have a new student who'll be joining us today.", the teacher's voice rang throughout the classroom and Sehun sat up. The first thing his eyes set upon on was the face that'd been haunting his dreams for so many nights now. "This is Luhan everybody.", the teacher introduced the  male. "Luhan.", Sehun repeated under his breath. That's the other's name, he finally knew his name. "Who would like to show Luhan around?", at the question, many students raised their hands, mostly girls, but Sehun's shot up the fastest "ME!".

If anyone would look closely at Luhan, they would notice the male's lips curved up in a barely noticeable smirk as he recognized the student who just raised his hand. The teacher gave a soft smile before nodding "Luhan, Sehun looks like he would be more than willing to show you around.". "You can go sit next to him honey.", the teacher clapped her hands together. Luhan winked at some of the female students along the way to his new desk.

"So you're a high school student? That young, huh?", Luhan slid into his seat. "Yes, how's that young? Y-You're in the same year as me.", Sehun cursed himself for stuttering while the other found it amusing. "I'm older than I look and I'm only back in high school because I was forced to by my hyung.", Luhan answered slumping back into his seat.

"Really?", Sehun was definitely shocked. The other didn't look any older than he was. He was glad though either way. Finally they met again, so this meant only one thing "Destiny.". "Did you say something?", Luhan asked, his eyes trained on what the teacher saying. "I'll tell you later,......hyung?". Calling the other that felt so strange, freakishly strange. "Hyung?", Luhan laughed "Okay, considering I am technically older than you.".

The end of the other's lip lifted up into a smile. There it was again. Even from the side, he couldn't get that smile out of his mind. It looked so beautiful. Something that was so significant, yet it was so broken. Pain creeped on his heart, his eyes still remained on the elder's smile, and he let out a sigh before banging his head on the table again.


"This is the cafeteria.", Sehun gestured to the building the two stood infront of. A crowd had already gathered around them since word got out about the new student and how he had been blessed in the visuals department. "I can tell, idiot.", Luhan treated the other to an eye roll before walking away. "You're suppose to go in.", Sehun said catching up to the other. "I don't eat at school.", Luhan turned around to look at the other before walking away again.

That day, thanks to the elder he skipped lunched, but he didn't complain. He got to see the person he'd been yearning for so that was enough. The two sat under the tree by the doe eyes male's decision. "So what did you say earlier in class?", Luhan leaned on the tree's trunk.

"Oh,", the brunette rubbed his nape "I said destiny.". "Destiny?", Luhan's eyebrow lifted up. "I think it's my destiny to fix your broken smile.", Luhan chuckled despite the serious tone the younger used "I have a broken smile? What is this? A movie?". Sehun nodded "I'm serious. With both my eyes and heart, I can see that you hold a broken smile. Others probably don't, but I do. I don't know why it's broken, but I want to fix it.".

"You're not playing around, are you?", the sincere look in the younger's eyes finally got to Luhan and his smile faded away, replaced with a serious expression. "I'm not. I am completely honest when I say I want to fix you're broken smile. Like I said, I believe it's my destiny too.", the brunette gave a grin. "You truly are......", Luhan breathed "an idiot spouting out nonsense.". Just like that, the brunette's eyes widened "What?!".

"I will repeat it again, you are an idiot. Who do you think you are that you want to", Luhan did air quotes "'fix my broken smile'? What the hell is that about?!".

"You deny it, but I know it's there. I'll fix it no matter what I have to do.", Sehun's sincere look was back and for some reason, it annoyed Luhan so damn much.

"Well then go ahead and 'fix it' if you can.", he wanted to slap the kid on the head. There was nothing to fix, he was already perfect with how he is. He's happy and there was no broken smile! With another eye roll at the other, Luhan got up. Before he could walk away, Sehun grabbed him by the wrist. "I'll make sure I fix it. That broken smile of yours, I make a promise to you that I'll piece it back together. If I can't, I'll break it down into ashes so I can build it up again. As long as I can fix it in a way, it doesn't matter if I hurt. Until I get to see your real smile when you're happy, I won't give up.".

"You talk a lot, you know that?", Luhan yanked his arm away, irritated by the younger's words as if he knew him. He knew nothing about Luhan and everything he was saying was just irritating buzzes to his ears. Luhan had enough, he was going to find a place on the campus where Sehun couldn't find him. It'll be where he could hide from the other. At this thoughts, he scoffed at himself. He was trying to hide from a kid. "First day at school and I'm met with this.", he mumbled under his breath, walking further away from the brunette that still sat under the big oak tree.

A/N: Chapter one! Oh my gosh! I thought I had posted this, but it was on draft for like more than 2 months, I'm so sorry! You guys will probably unsubscribe, but it was good knowing you wanted to read. Thank you.

 

-Wanderer_11

 

 

 

 

 

Comments\Subscribe\Upvotes

will be very much appreciated.

 

Plagiarism is not allowed.