final

Immortal

"What should I do now?"

 
Joohyun said to herself while hugging her knees tighter. Tears started to coming down. There was she. Alone. In a dark, creepy hallway
 
"Mom...Dad..."she mumbled between her tears, before she startled because she heard something.
 
"It must be one of them.."she thought. She tried to get up but her body was still weak. She tried to grab something to hold, but it was too late.
 
"Don't move!"the voice said. Joohyun shocked and stopped her step to run, her body trembled when she felt the tip of a blade touch her back.
 
"Who are you?"the voice said again, this time sounded calmer. Irene slowly turned away, she made the girl took his blade away from Joohyun.
 
"Oh, new comer."she said as he let out a slight smirk, and put her blade into a holder on her back.
 
"What's your name?"the girl said. 
 
"I-I'm Joo-"she stopped for a while, the girl in front of her tilted her head in confuse, waiting for her answer.
 
"I'm Irene. Bae Irene."
 
That was what went out from Irene's mouth.
 
"No more Joohyun."she thought to herself.
 
"Irene..."the girl said,"I'm Kang Seulgi. Just call me Seulgi. And, what are you doing in this place without any weapons? Are you insane?"she oppened her hoodie, revealing her beautiful face.
 
Irene just looked at the ground before she felt a cold, yet so warm hand touched her wrist.
 
"Come with me."Seulgi said, and she took Irene to her place.
 
-
 
"Sit here."Seulgi commanded as she prepared something to eat. Irene was still scared, and Seulgi noticed that.
 
"Don't worry, not all of us are bad."she said.
 
"You still eat human foods? Or now you prefer blood?"Seulgi asked, half-joking.
 
Irene just stared at her,"I'll eat what vampires eat, from now."
 
Seulgi chuckled at Irene's answer,"it's okay if you can't drink blood, not all of this creatures drink it. I still love pizza.."she puts a sandwich in front of Irene,"vampire, huh? Is that what human called us?"
 
Irene just nodded, she couldn't speak since was full of bread. She was extremely hungry.
 
"Hey, slow down.."Seulgi ruffled Irene's hair. Their eyes met, and Irene started to feel butterflies in her stomach. She was mentally slapping herself, because she might look so disgusting in front of Seulgi right now. She kept munching the bread and swallowed it before speak.
 
"How did you know that I'm...new?"
 
"Easy. Your eyes are still not fully turned into your color."Seulgi said. Irene started to stared at Seulgi's eyes. The colour were not black or brown. They were tangerine-colour with a little black on each eyes.
 
"Looks like the others will come home soon. Let's go downstairs."she said and grabbed Irene's hand.
 
"W-Wait, the others? You're not leaving alone here?"
 
"Nope, I live here with 5 more people. We will meet them...now."she said as she opened the door, and 5 girls showed up.
 
"Hey, Seul.."the girl in a very short hair gave Seulgi a high-five.
 
"Guys, I want you to meet Irene."Seulgi said, she pulled Irene gently to the front.
 
"Umm...your girlfriend?"said the girl in blonde hair.
 
"N-No! It's not like that. I found her in the hallway."Seulgi scratched her nape. Irene hid her face, she waa shy and became more shy because Seulgi's friends teased them.
 
"Hey, hey. Stop it, guys!"Seulgi kept holding Irene's hand,"Irene, this girl with a short hair is Amber. She's the weapon-guru here. This is Krystal, our ice princess. And I said 'ice'...I really meant it. This is Wendy, she's a doctor. Why? Because she can heal people easily. And this one is Joy, she's...Joy?"
 
"What was that?"the girl named Joy whined.
 
Seulgi laughed,"Joy is a mind-reader. And hacker, along with Krystal."
 
Irene looked at them in confuse,"d-do you guys have super-powers?"
 
"You can say that.."Seulgi said. Amber patted Seulgi's shoulder.
 
"And Irene, this is Seulgi..our captain. And she's a lightning control." 
 
Irene nodded. She couldn't believe that now, she became one of this creature. She looked at their fangs when they laughed, it was pretty sharp and ready to kill. That was why human called them aside from vampireKiller. But, after she met Seulgi, she changed her mind. Not all of them were bad. Irene looked at her hands, wondered if she would has power too or she was just weak.
 
"Don't worry, you will discover your power later."said Joy, she heard Irene's mind as her green-eyes blinked.
 
"You're eyes are pretty!"said Wendy,"look! it's like purple and pink got mixed up.."
 
Seulgi's friends gathered around her, and she could see Seulgi gently smiled to her.
 
-
 
"Still awake?" 
 
Seulgi turned her back to the voice—which was Irene's— she chuckled a bit and leaning againts the balcony again.
 
"I'm always awake.."she said.
 
"Oh yeah, that's right.."the pinkish eyes girl stood beside Seulgi.
 
"I'm thinking about getting a job."Seulgi suddenly said.
 
"How can? Human will notice.."
 
"Well, that's my problem. I'm not that human-ish. Unlike Wendy, she is working as a doctor in local hospital. Amber was a spy."
 
Irene nodded.
 
They trapped in silence. Seulgi took a deep breath.
 
"Irene."
 
"Yeah?"
 
"Do you have family before all of these?"
 
Seulgi's question hit her hard, Irene felt her heart ache again.
 
"Y-Yes.."she answered.
 
"I didn't.."Seulgi sighed,"must be nice, huh? Have a family that love you a lot?"
 
Irene didn't answer it, she just smiled bitterly.
 
"I'm an orphan. The orphanage kicked me out like a dirty dog when they found that I'm not a human. But, I don't want to be a bad vampire also, killing people and stuffs. That's stupid."Seulgi said as she chuckled, but Irene felt that her laugh was not an actual laugh. Seulgi was crying behind it. Behind her smiles and all. She realised that Seulgi was not as tough as she thought. Irene kept staring at Seulgi. Her pale face was more perfect under the moonlight, here orange-ish eyes were shining, showing that she was pure and kind. She was just an ordinary girl who needed love, just like Irene. Seulgi grinned, her fangs showed up. Weird. But, it didn't scare Irene at all. Irene liked it. Seulgi looked adorable and hot.
 
"Why are you staring at me?"Seulgi said. Irene immediatelly looked away. She cursed herself for being so weird.
 
"Your lips are pretty.."Seulgi said all of sudden.
 
"E-Excuse me?"Irene blinked a few times.
 
"Your lips are beautiful."she repeated,"I wonder what it would taste like.."
 
Irene's face got reddened, she avoided Seulgi's eyes. But, the younger girl let out a slight giggle.
 
"I'm just kidding.."she said.
 
That statement made Irene hurted a bit. And she wondered why. Perhaps, she wanted taste Seulgi's lips as well? 
 
"Let's get in. I think the others are having a movie night in Krystal's room."Seulgi said as her hand reached Irene's hand. They interlanced their finger. Irene loved it. She did love skinship. But, a skinship with Kang Seulgi was totally different. It made her heart fluttered and butterflies inside her stomach.
 
-
 
"Joohyun.."
 
Irene widened her eyes. It was been a year and no one would call her like that except her parents used to. She turned her head and found Seulgi standing behind her.
 
"H-How did you.."
 
"You're a daughter of Senator Bae, right?"the taller girl said. Irene didn't dare to look at Seulgi in the eyes. She nodded.
 
"Your dad is no longer a senator."
 
Irene widened her eyes, this time she looked at Seulgi in the eyes.
 
"W-What do you mean? He-"
 
"Your family is dead. This morning. Wendy reported it. She was one of the doctors who took care of them. According to her they were bitten to death by some vampires."
 
"W-What..?"
 
Irene felt her feet turned into jelly. This was too shocking for her. Her family is gone? She couldn't believe that. She cried. She shutted her eyes. She wanted to wake up from this nightmare, but she failed. Because, this wasn't a nightmare. This was a reality. She cried harder. Seulgi wrapped her arms around her.
 
"I'm sorry.."she said,"I'll take you to them..if you want."
 
Irene shook her head. She wasn't ready to accept the fact that her beloved parents were gone. Forever. 
 
And it was the beginning of all. Irene had changed her mind. She was no longer the-weak-Irene. She decided to find, and punish the vampires that killed her parents.
-
 
It had been 5 years since Irene lived as a vampire. She was knows as the shadow assassin in human world. Along with her partners who had so many super-powers. Irene had not been discovered her power yet. But, she was fast. Faster than the others. She killed bad people, bad vampires like it was her hobby. But, it wasn't. It was her way to find the truth behind her parents' death.
 
"Ready?"
 
Irene put her gun on her back,"always."she said to Seulgi.
 
"Wow.."Seulgi was eye-ing Irene from head-to-toe.
 
"What?"
 
"You look...extremely hot."she said. Yes. Irene was indeed hot in that tight black suit with her hair tied up, revealing her perfect skin of her neck.
 
"Save your compliment later, Kang. We got jobs to do."
 
Seulgi giggled,"aye aye, captain."
 
-
 
Two guards groaned in pain as Seulgi punched their necks and then they fell down, unconcious.
 
"Let's go.."she said quitely to Irene. 
 
They were in a cave of vampire, Irene felt that tonight she should went to this place.
 
"Guys, can you hear me?"it was Krystal, through their HT.
 
"Clearly, Jung."Irene said.
 
"Great. Look, you should go to the left, there are two doors. And you should go to the right one. Joy will hacked the access to the door. And...you guys probably need the weapons ready, so many guards there."Krystal said.
 
"Got it."said Seulgi as she pulled out her blade.
 
"Let's go."Irene walked quitely in front of Seulgi. And Krystal was right. The guards were all along the hallway.
 
Like what she called, Irene assassinated the guards with a speed of lightning. Seulgi was also fast, she killed some of the guards with her precious blade and her lightning.
 
"Joy got the access?"Seulgi said to Krystal.
 
"Yeah."Joy clicked 'ENTER' on her keyboard and the door immediatelly opened.
 
"This is it.."Irene said. She stepped inside. The room was completely dark, Seulgi followed behind her. 
 
A minute passed and Irene couldn't find anything. But, she heard Seulgi groaned.
 
"Seulgi?!"she couldn't find Seulgi.
 
"Well..The famous shadow assassin is here. I'm honored."
 
Irene tried to find who was that. But, she failed. She heard steps. And slowly discovered a man with a neat suit.
 
"Y-You're..."
 
Irene shocked when she saw a person who known as a founder of vampire-killer. Or so called 'Mr. President'. 
 
"Shocked?"the guy said as he laughed,"Me too. I don't expect that senator Bae's daughter is the most wanted vampire in this world."
 
Irene was still dumbfounded,"y-you...killed my parents?"
 
"Yes. Yes, I am. Bae Joohyun. I remember the taste of their blood. So delicious."he smirked and stepped closer to Irene.
 
"D-Don't move!"Irene pointed her gun to that guy, but he laughed.
 
"You think that gun can kill me?"
 
And by that, Irene realised that her opponent was so strong. Now, her gun's tip was touching that guy's head.
 
"Go on. Shoot me."he said. 
 
Irene did what he told her. She shoot her, made a hole on his head. But, Irene widened her eyea when she saw the hole slowly closed.
 
"Terrified?"he said. Irene tried to shoot him again. But this time, that guy was not in front of her.
 
"Behind you.."she heard his voice whispering behind her ear. She turned around and shoot her gun everywhere. It made she ran out of bullets.
 
"Well, well...too bad."he showed up in front of Irene again,"my turn."he smirked.
 
Irene swore, she saw a really sharp fangs of his.
 
She yelled in pain as she felt a really sharp things went thought her skin.
 
"It must be his fangs.."she thought.
 
"No fun. Too soon to death."he shrugged. He thought it was over. But, he was wrong. He suddenly felt an electricity ran through his body.
 
"Don't touch...my girlfriend."
 
It was Seulgi. Irene smiled with all of her energy left when she heard that from Seulgi's mouth.
 
"Too late, my venom will kill her as soon as possible."he punched Seulgi's face.
 
"I won't let you!"
 
Seulgi stabbed him repeatedly and used some weapons that Amber told her through the HT, although she knew that it would be useless. But, she couldn't let Irene die. She didn't even confess her feelings through the pink-eyes girl. She groaned in pain as the guy landed his fist on her abdomen and fell to the ground.
 
"You fool! You can't kill a perfectly-vampire like me. I'm immortal."he laughed and kicked Seulgi one more time.
 
"Perfectly-vampire...? That's it!!!"
 
Seulgi heard Amber's voice,"Seulgi, use the sunlight. There are windows around the room. When you have a chance, open it all."
 
Seulgi smiled,"you know, I can kill you..nothing's immortal."
 
Seulgi slowly got up, she swinged her blade to the guy for distractions and when she saw a chance, she tore the guy's neck with her fangs and immediatelly jumped up to find something to open the windows. As she found a big rope, she pulled it and the windows were opened. Shooting a really bright sun-light.
 
The guy groaned, his skin slowly pealed off.
 
"You get it? Like I said, nothing's immortal.."she said before the guy turned into dust.
 
Seulgi sighed in relief, but then she remembered something. 
 
"Irene."she thought.
 
She found the girl in the corned of the room, lying down unconciously.
 
"Joohyun!"
 
"S-Seulgi? You're okay?"
 
Seulgi hugged Irene tightly,"stay with me. I love you."
 
Irene cried in happiness,"say it again."
 
"I love you."
 
Seulgi started to cry, she looked at Irene in the eye. The bright pink orbs slowly faded away.
 
"Again.."
 
"I love you.."
 
"Again, Kang Seulgi."
 
"I love you.."Seulgi cried harder.
 
"Hmm..good to hear."Irene slowly burried her face in Seulgi's embrace as she closed her eyes.
 
"J-Joohyun? Hey, Bae Joohyun!"
 
Seulgi shook Irene's body a few times, but she got no answer.
 
"I love you, Bae Joohyun! I love you so much! Stay with me, please!"
 
Seulgi started to cry even harder and hugged Irene's body tightly.
 
"Seulgi...This is Wendy. Bring Irene to our house. Now!"
 
She wiped her tears. She lifted Irene's body up and did what Wendy told her.
 
-
 
"Even in this condition you're still beautiful."Seulgi mumbled. It had been 9 days and Irene wasn't woke up yet. Wendy said if in 10 days she was still unconcious, she would pulled the infusions away from Irene's body. And that was mean, they couldn't help Irene. She was gone. Forever.
 
"I'm begging you..Please, wake up."
 
Seulgi cried again. Her friends never saw Seulgi cried. And they knew, when Seulgi cried, that was mean she was very sad.
 
-
 
10 days had passed and Irene still unconcious.
 
"I'm so sorry, buddy.."Wendy tapped Seulgi's shoulder. She just stared at Irene livelessly.
 
"We should pull the infusions away. The venom is too strong."
 
Seulgi finally nodded. She got up from her seat and walked away from the room.
 
"S-Seulgi.."
 
She stopped her steps when she heard Irene's voice.
 
"She's awake!"Wendy said. The others came to see.
 
"Joohyun!"Seulgi held Irene's hand. Her pink orbs are back.
 
"Seulgi.."she said again.
 
"I'm here, Joohyun. I'm here.."she finally smiled,"don't leave me again."
 
"I won't leave you.."Irene said. Seulgi pulled her into a kiss. Let theirselves knew that they loved each other.
 
-
 
[EPILOGUE]
 
"I thought he was immortal.."Irene said as she leanes her head on Seulgi's shoulder.
 
"Nothing's immortal except our love.."Seulgi grinned. Irene curled up fingers.
 
"Freaking cheeseball.."she said.
 
"You like it, don't you?"Seulgi giggled and pecked Irene's lips,"I think I know your power, Bae Joohyun."
 
"Hm? What's that?"Irene tiltes her head.
 
"You can melt...my heart."she chuckled. Irene rolled her eyes and flicked Seulgi's forehead.
 
"What was that for? I just show you that I love you..!"Seulgi whined as she rubbed her forehead.
 
"I love you too, idiot.."Irene kissed Seulgi's lips.