Dozing off at the wrong time

Dozing off at the wrong time

“ !” Soohyun said under his breath as he got into a taxi and told the driver to step on it.

He quickly reached the scene and jumped out of the car and sprinted towards the ambulance.

“Hoon!” He shouted.

“Soohyun!” He heard Hoon's voice at another direction. He turned his head and saw Hoon standing with a police officer, taking down some details.

Soohyun pushed past the people crowed around and immediately hugged Hoon tight when he reached him.

“Are you okay?!” He said, pulling away from Hoon.

Hoon nodded “Yeah...just a little shocked”

Soohyun noticed Hoon's face had gone extremely pale and he was shaking. Once Hoon was finished talking with the officer, Soohyun held Hoon by the waist and slung Hoon's arm over his shoulders. They walked slowly to the ambulance where Hoon could sit down in it. The drivers asked Hoon if he was in pain anywhere. Hoon shook his head but they checked his pulse.

“All seems okay. You're just in shock. Do you think you would like to go to the hospital just in case?”

Hoon shook his head again.

“Alright. Just be careful and don't move until you are able to”

One of them looked at Soohyun.

“Are you related to him?”

“No. No. I'm his boyfriend”

“Take care of him and let him sleep as much as he can. Apparently he dozed off at the wheel”

Soohyun could only nod and and looked down at Hoon, who was staring into space. Soohyun called the number for a taxi and waited until it arrived.

He looked at his car, dented with a light smashed and the bumper fallen. He sighed but was just relieved that Hoon was okay

The taxi arrived quickly. Soohyun helped Hoon up and got him into the car. When Soohyun got in he let Hoon rest his head on him. Soohyun wrapped his arms around Hoon and let him sleep on him on the way home.

 

The taxi slowed down to a stop at their house. Soohyun carefully unwrapped his arms from Hoon and shook him ever so slightly to wake him up. He gave the driver the money and got out of the car. He took Hoon's hand and slowly pulled him up. Like before he held Hoon's waist and slung his arm around his shoulders. Soohyun shut the door and the taxi drove off. They made their way to the house and stepped into it. Soohyun brought Hoon upstairs and let him lie down on the bed.

Soohyun went down to the kitchen to get something for Hoon to eat and drink.

'I hope he's really okay. I hope he wasn't lying about him being in pain...'

Soohyun brought up a tray with tea and soup. When he pushed open the door, Hoon was under the covers and propped up with pillows. Soohyun got round to Hoon's side and put the tray on his bedside locker.

“How are you doing?” He pushed Hoon's hair from his forehead then pressed the back of his hand onto it.

“I'm okay” Hoon whispered, smiling at Soohyun.

“Good” Soohyun smiled back and kissed his forehead.

Soohyun went round to his side and got onto the bed with Hoon.

“I'm sorry, Soohyun” Hoon's voice was quiet.

“Hm? What for?”

“I ruined your car”

Soohyun went silent for a second before shifted himself so that Hoon was snuggled up to his chest.

“I don't care about that! I can always get a new one! I'm just so happy you're alive!”

Suddenly Soohyun felt tears run down his cheeks. He kissed Hoon's head and tightened his arms around Hoon.

“I love you so much. Please don't ever be sorry for something like that”

“I love you too. I feel so safe now”

Soohyun let out a content sigh and nuzzled his nose in Hoon's hair.

“Are you going to drink your tea?”

There was no response from Hoon.

“Hoon?”

Soohyun moved himself down a little to look at Hoon. He was fast asleep. Soohyun smiled and kissed his cheek.

“Doze off on me next time” He whispered.