The Ball Is Round

The Ball Is Round

Choi Minho. Age twenty three. Tall, Dark, Handsome. Captain of Konkuk University’s basketball team. Named one of 10 must-watch college basketball players in 2014/2015.

Needless to say, Minho’s popularity is a given. Yet, as well liked as he is, he doesn’t have many friends. In fact, little is known about his life off the basketball court. A man of few words, Minho hates socializing, preferring to lie low and stick to the friends he has known before he got “famous”. Why the inverted commas, you may ask? Well, Minho doesn’t actually think he’s famous. In fact, he sees himself as an average college student who just so happens to play basketball a little better than his peers; but when there are people willing to sneak around just to get his class schedule, the reality hits him that he’s almost half celebrity.

In such circumstances, it’s impossible to go unnoticed in campus. That’s why, when star basketball player Choi Minho sets foot in the College of Art & Design and attends the first lecture of ‘Introduction to Contemporary Art’, everyone in the class including the professor does a double take. It isn’t just because it’s Minho; it’s also because no one in the right mind would expect an athlete to take up an elective in Art.

Like all the students in class, the professor wants to know why Minho has chosen to register for his course. Luckily for him, he has the authority to question and perhaps guide Minho to the right path. If Minho thinks his class is an easy way to earn course credits, he’ll have him know how demanding the course is going to be. And so, as soon as the introductory lecture ends, the Art professor requests to have a few words with the basketballer.

Taking his time to keep his belongings as the rest of the students leave the classroom curious, Minho is more than happy to stay back and speak to his professor privately. God knows that’s all he needs in his life – privacy.

Silence fills the art studio as Minho is left alone with his professor who, he notices, is trying to hide his nervousness. Smiling, Minho leaves his seat and walks towards the front of the studio until he’s standing a small but comfortable distance away from his teacher who is now half sitting on the edge of his table.

“Choi Minho.”

Minho holds back a laugh as he acknowledges with a nod, “Professor Kim.”

Letting out a breath, the older man, Professor Kim, dressed attractively in an all-black outfit with his hair gorgeously sleeked back, puts the class list aside and looks up to meet Minho’s eyes.

“How do I not know you’re registered for this course?”

“I only managed to add it into my schedule this morning.” Minho smugly admits.

“Are you out of your mind?!” In a blink of an eye, Professor Kim loses his cool, “You don’t even like art!”

Unlike his professor, Minho is a picture of calm.

“Who are you to decide my interests?” Minho asks, amused.

“Choi Minho, I swear-”

“Alright fine, you’re right.” Minho coolly admits as he steps closer to the older man, “I may not like art… but I like you. Well, love, actually, but yeah.”

The professor shakes his head disbelievingly, “You’ve lost your mind.”

As Minho closes the distance between them, Professor Kim suddenly regrets leaning against his desk because that gives him absolutely no room to back away.

“Has it been too long that you’ve forgotten about the condition I gave when you entered this university?” The professor asks, just about ready to panic, when Minho comes too close for comfort, "We agreed to not have anything to do with each other on campus."

Minho shrugs before placing his hands on either side of the professor, easily trapping him against the desk.

“It’s been three years since then, you can’t blame me, Prof.”

“You saw me this morning, you brat.” Professor Kim leans back just to put some distance between them, “Heck, you see me every day! How could you have forgotten?”

“Whatever, you can’t do anything about it anyway.” With a wink, Minho smirks, “I’m officially registered for this course.”

“I can kick you out.” Professor Kim threatens.

“On what grounds?”

“Absent from class without valid excuse.” The professor easily replies, “You know how our university is with attendance…”

The student narrows his eyes, “You wouldn’t.”

“I would.” The professor retorts and places his hands on Minho’s chest to push him away, “In fact, let me send an email right now.”

“No.” Minho grabs Professor’s Kim waist, holding him back in place, and stops him from doing anything which will ruin his plans, “You aren’t going anywhere.”

“Hands off, Minho.” The older man tries to move Minho’s hands away but the student’s grip on him only tightens, “We’re on campus for heaven’s sake!”

Wrapping an arm around the professor’s waist, Minho shows no respect for his teacher and hugs him closer.

“Let me take your class this semester and I’ll let you go.”

“This isn’t funny, Minho.” Gritting his teeth, Professor Kim struggles to push Minho off him, “Let. Go.”

Minho leans closer until his forehead is against the professor’s and his lips are just about to brush against his.

“Don’t kick me out of your class then.”

“No can do.” The professor remains unfazed.

“Say yes or else...” Minho uses his knee to spread Professor Kim’s legs apart and begins rocking against him, creating a delicious friction that makes it hard for the older man to breathe.

The professor settles his hands on Minho’s shoulders and squeezes his student, not even sure if he’s trying to hold him away or closer.

“Min... Ho...”

“Say yes.”

“You’re such a child.”

“Wrong answer.”

Minho increases the pressure and quickens the pace.

“I won’t…” The professor gulps, his pants gradually feeling uncomfortably tighter, “-say it.”

“The door isn’t locked, Prof...” Minho gently reminds while he moves his hand to the button of the professor’s pants and expertly s it.

“Damn it.”

“All I’m asking is to be your student for this semester, that’s all.” Minho holds on to the zip but doesn’t pull it down, “Why is it so hard for you to agree?”

“Alright, alright,” The professor huffs, “Fine! You win!”

The moment he gets the answer he wants, Minho stops all movement, releases his hold on the older man, and finally returns the Art professor his personal space.

“Awesome, I’ll see you at home then, Prof.” Minho smiles while he singsongs, “Looking forward to dinner already.”

And just like that, Minho finally leaves the art studio, but not before buttoning the professor’s pants back and stealing a kiss from his slightly parted lips just to make the victory even sweeter.

While Minho is on cloud nine, Professor Kim can only stay rooted to the ground, thinking of anything and everything that turns him off while cursing at his young boyfriend who he should have never got involved with four years ago.

Oh right. Minho should probably include this in his introduction too.

In a secret relationship with Assistant Professor Kim Kibum.

On normal days though, he would have added “loving” to describe his relationship with Kibum but that may just change once he meets his boyfriend back home.

Minho may have won in the art studio but he can already imagine the earful Kibum will most definitely give him at home. Well, that’s what you get when you date a professor – long lectures both in and out of class. In Kibum's defense though, Minho probably deserves the lecture.

 

 

Author's Note: yikes, i probably left a whole lot of details out and rushed through the story. but thank you for subscribing and reading! hopefully, i'll develop this AU more in the future. for now, this is the last fic i'll be posting in a while... not sure how long i'll be away (hoping to be back by mid-March?) but yupp, hope you've enjoyed this fic, and all the others i've shared in 2015 thus far. till next time, be happy and healthy dear readers! :)