Stay

For The 100th Times, I'll Stay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Living in United Kingdom. I'm here neither for a vacation nor staying here for the rest of my life. I came here for study. I applied scholarship. Yep, I made it last 3 years and this is my third year being here. I stay in an apartment with a housemate, a best friend of mine too. Her name is Anna. She's pretty, small, fair, intelligent and surely, everyone likes her. I like her too. So, Anna has a boyfriend and guess what? Her boyfriend is an Asian guy! When she first told me about her boyfriend, honestly I was shocked. How did she manage to keep their long-distance relationship for almost 3 years? She has told me many things about her boyfriend. She always sounds happy and I’m happy for her too. Me?

Asking me do I have one? So funny. The answer would be no. It's enough to be rejected during high school. Yeah, I was rejected but still until today, I like him and always do. He was one of the reasons why I accepted to pursue my study here because I’ve been friend zoned by him and that hurt me and still hurting me until today. 

"We're just friend. We'll never be more than that. I hope you understand. I like you; I like to be friend with you, but not to be your lover. I'm sorry Bomi," it was still fresh in my mind how I was rejected by my first love in high school. Have you ever feel; for almost 4 years you kept your feeling, you stared, stalked him, and no one know about your feeling except you and your elder sister. At last, when you already had courage to confess, and to have that courage was hard, a 4-years-courage. But at the end, he rejected you. I felt like someone put grenade in my heart and it exploded as soon he said no.  I swore, I cried for the whole week. I didn't go to school for a week because of that. Mum nagged me, Bora unni, Dojoon oppa consoled me, but I still refusing to go to school. But, Baekhyun doesn't even care about me. Okay, enough of that. No more talking about crush.

So, today I will accompany Anna to meet her boyfriend. Yes, he came from Seoul just to meet Anna. How sweet they could be. I am jealous to be honest but that was great because I will meet someone from my country. "Bbom, have you done? We're running late. He will be arrived at 10 and now it’s already 9.45," Anna shouted from the living room. "Okay Anna. 2 minutes more," I shouted from my room. I sprayed on some perfume; vanilla scent and tied my hair pony tail before I walked out from my room.

 

 

"Anna, you’ve been talking about your boyfriend so many times to me but I haven't seen any of his photos yet and I don’t even know his name. Show me his photo please...," I said when we were waiting for Anna’s boyfriend to arrive. Yes, Anna has never showed me his photos even though I’ve been living with her for almost 2 years.

"You really want to see his photo first? Don't you want to wait for him? You’ll see him too later on," she replied. I rolled my eyes. Of course I will because I’ll meet him and be their third wheel.

"Anna, just show me any of his photos. I wanted to see badly! I am freaking curious," I replied. Anna grinned. Her cheeks were red even though she was just smiling. No wonder there are so many boys like her. Anna took out her iPhone, scrolling it.

"So, this is him! Handsome right?" she showed me her boyfriend's photo. My lung choked. I felt like my heart stopped beating and soon it going to break into micro tiny little pieces. Gulp! He is Byun Baekhyun! Someone that rejected me few years ago! He’s dating my best friend! I tried to control myself in front of her. "Control yourself Bomi,” I said to myself.

"Bbom? This is him. My boyfriend. Oh wait. What with that reaction?” she asked. Frown was created between her eyebrows. Pfft, this Anna could really read me when I’m not okay. I shook my head and offered her a warm smile. Actually, a fake smile.

"He was my schoolmate," I stated. Yes, my schoolmate. Not just a schoolmate for me. He was my crush. I mean he is my crush. Anna bulged her eyes. Okay, she looked ugly when doing that.

“Really?!” she shook my body. She was shocked, I can tell it. “I supposedly have told you earlier!” she continued. She’s happy, really happy. Anna, he’s my crush. I’ve told you once before this. I just hope I could speak this to her. 

"So, how was he?" Anna squeezed my hands, looking at me excitedly. I smiled at her. I opened my mouth, but then I closed when I saw Baekhyun was walking towards us. Anna could not see him. He came from her back. He has a bouquet of tulips; which is Anna’s favorite flowers. Wait, I should not stay here. No, not for this. 

"Anna, excuse me. I think, I need to go to the ladies now," I left her before she could give me any reply. I walked against Baekhyun’s direction. He did not even notice me. He was looking straight to Anna who was already beamed his name out. I knew it and I'm used to it. Even though during the school days, he never once noticed me. I stood behind people and I was not that kind of girl who always got people's attention.

"Hi baby!" I could hear Anna’s voice. Ouch. That broke my heart. I was stupid because I turned around to look at them. Anna was kissing him while making some cute sounds and they giggled after that. Now my heart fell on the ground.

"Why does my crush is my best friend’s boyfriend? Why?!!" I pulled my hair, slapped myself. I hate myself for being ugly that my crush does not even like me. I hate myself! I knew that I wasn’t flawless as Anna. Anna has everything. She’s fair, fairer than me. Her wavy hair is y. Her eyes would catch every man’s heart by a glance. Pointy nose, thin lips, beautiful eyelashes, perfect body.

"Anna, I'm on my way to go home. I felt dizzy. Enjoy your date. See you soon,"
Love, Bomi.

 

 

So today I woke up, and I walked myself towards the mirror; since this is my routine every morning. What I saw was a weird creature in the mirror. At a moment, I was thinking, who could this creature be? I deny that was me. I hardly deny! I was uglier than usual! My eyes were swelling, my nose and cheeks were pink and I had bad flu this morning. This might be the effect of crying all night yesterday. I was really glad that Sasha did not even come to my room to see me. Fuh. So I picked up the towel and walked to the bathroom.

As usual, I would walk passing Anna’s room. But today was totally weird. The door was opened. I craned my neck to see her in her room. She was still in her bed. NO. SHE WAS IN BAEKHYUN’S ARM! Does this mean that...... THEY SLEPT TOGETHER LAST NIGHT?!! My heart sank. I shook my head and knocked it a bit. Why am I being too nosy? I walked into the bathroom and take bath as fast as I could. I don’t want to think this anymore; my feelings towards Baekhyun. But why did he show up again? This is not even his place. This is my place; a place to forget all those s he gave to me. I dislike you Byun Baekhyun. I even hate you! My brain is lying but my heart is denying. I love Baekhyun. I still love you.

I put on my favorite top and hot pants that Anna gave me during birthday. I wanted to get out from this house badly. I repeated to myself many times. I want to escape myself from seeing those hurting things. I would only come back when he has returned to Korea back. "Heart, please be tough,". Again, I walked passing her room. I don't want to see anything. I closed my eyes when I passed her room. Unfortunately, I bumped into something. That was really hurt, but not as hurt as my feelings right now. I glanced to see what that was. But, that was not something. That was someone.

"Bomi... careful," Baekhyun said while rubbing his sternum as I hit there, and he was shirtless. Can you imagine how your feeling was when seeing your crush without shirt and you hit him right on his sternum. It's near to your heart, Baekhyun. 

"I- I- it's- I'm-“ Bomi, say something! Don't look like a fool in front of him! But I couldn’t help myself. I was shaking. I could hear he was grinning

"Aish this kid. Be careful next time," he ruffled my hairs, and I could hear he laughed a little. I felt my face was burning. "I need to go now, bye," I said and walked out the house as fast as I could. I ran downstairs, and still running through the road bank and I did not get the idea why am I doing this thing. 
"Aish this kid. Be carefull next time," he talked to me. Yes, he just talked to me. He ruffled my hairs. He touched me. For the first time since forever. My crush noticed me. Unfortunately it was just because I am his girlfriend's best friend and house mate. Then, I stopped running. I’m still in his friend zoned.

"I shouldn't think of this thing anymore," I cursed myself.

 

 

"Babe, it's urgent. You need to go home like right now," I received message from Bora, my elder sister.

"What's up?"

"Just come home like right now," she replied. Okay, what were they thinking of? Korea and UK is not like you come from Busan to Seoul okay. I sighed. I tossed my luggage on the bed. I packed my things. I just bring along few tops and pants because there is plenty of mine in Korea. I went back to Korea without meeting Anna first but I left note for her and I did hope that she would read it soon.

 

 

"You're going to marry," mum said. WHAT?! MARRY? The whole family was gathering in the living room as I arrived. Unfortunately, no one disagree like they had already known this earlier and agreed this. I glanced at Doojoon oppa but he shook his head and throws his glance away from me. I glanced at Bora unni, but she kept squeezing my hands while whispering; “You’ll be fine,” This breaks my heart. I am too young for this. I haven't graduated my Master yet. What is this?

"No argument, next week your wedding will be held," mum continued. I frowned. Next week? What the hell is this?

"Why did you do this to me? Why don't you tell me earlier? Why don't you ask me if I agree or not?" I asked. I don’t want to be rude. But I’m so done with all of them. 

"Why? You don't want this marriage?" mum asked again. I shook my head. "It's still too early for me," I said, defending myself by myself since no one is on my side. Useless, they're all useless.

"You know what; you break my heart, Bomi. Is this your reply to your mum after everything I gave to you? Okay, fine. If that is what you want, then I'll cancel it," mum replied. Oh . Not with that way, I love you, mum but why can’t you understand me?

"Mum, no," Bora unni held her. She glared at me. "Stop being selfish, Bomi. They had prepared so many things for you and tomorrow, you're going to test your wedding dress, “she said.

"But...." I still trying to defend my right but at the end, I gave up. I've no words to say. Because at the end, they’ll win. "Fine. If that will make everyone happy," I said. I knew, mum was worried that I might not get married till my last breathe because no one will like me. Not really, maybe because I’m still having some feelings towards Baekhyun?  and mum knows that. Moreover, I'm a picky person. That's why she did this to me.


The next day, after I test my wedding dress, Bora unnie suddenly asked me; "Do you know who your future husband is?" I shook my head and I showed no interest towards that. "Let me figure it out during the wedding. You don't need to tell. Worth nothing because if I know him earlier or later, I will still going to marry him," I said. Bora’s eyes bulged out. "But I bet you won't regret marrying him. He's a rich man," she said and winked at me. I gave him a palm smile.

 

 

The day had arrived. It's a big day for me. Everything will change today. My status, especially. Heh. I don't care, not a bit. As long as everyone wil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter