fin.

Last Breath

“I like that one,” she pointed to a certain teddy bear, whispering to herself, “I want it,” she looked through the glass window.

He grumbled, “You want everything.”

She glanced at him, her eyes getting watery. She averted her eyes, wondering why he was like this. He hasn’t even given anything to me yet, she thought. It’s my special day. She huffed softly.

They were window shopping on the streets, looking for things to buy.

“Let’s go somewhere else,” she didn’t want to look weak in front of him. All she wanted was a day spent with her partner, that’s enough.

She tugged on her boyfriend’s shirt, wanting to ask where he wanted to go.

“Anywhere you go,” was his only response.

She completely did not understand him today. Normally, he was the blissful, gregarious type.

“Park Jimin,” she decided to speak up, “what is wrong with you today?”

He looked at her as if he had seen something peculiar, “There is nothing wrong with me. What made you mull over of that?”

“Your attitude is bothering me. You have been paying no attention to what I talk about and you still continue to act like this!” she took a long, deep breath and releasing it before continuing, “You are not the Park Jimin I know.”

Her words made him frown, “I’m Park Jimin. I did not change one bit. For your information, I am still your boyfriend.”

“You don’t act like one,” she muttered under her breath.

He heard what she said, releasing a sigh of frustration. “I try my best to-“

“Do you even know what day it is today?” she half-yelled at him, but still managed to draw other people’s attention.

He unknowingly became irritated. He never was fond of people cutting him off whenever he was talking.

She sighed, “Forget it. This date’s over. I’m going home,” she took one last glance at him before turning away to leave.

Instead of leaving, she stopped by a small coffee shop. The interior was unique. The walls were coated with a pastel brown colour, making it seem soothing. Plants were arranged neatly by the windows.

She ordered a cup of espresso and stared out the window. Nothing was in her mind when she tasted her drink. She felt her worries go away until she saw a man barging into the shop.

“Where is she?”

She tried to not make herself look obvious. She did not want him to notice her. All she wanted was a peaceful day.

He examined the shop, possibly looking for her. Unfortunately, he spotted her and marched over. He grabbed her wrist harshly as she struggled.

“What are you doing?” she questioned, desperately trying to get out of his grasp.

“What’s up with you today?” he asked angrily. She glanced at him in disbelief. She was the one who asked him, so why did he ask her?

“What do you mean? I’m completely fine. You should ask yourself!” she shouted. She didn’t want to start a fight, but since Jimin is the type to rage easily, she couldn’t help but have to.

He squinted at her, looking at her in confusion. “You’re the one who randomly cancelled our date and ran off,” he was trying to not yell back at her.

“Whatever,” she rolled her eyes. She managed to wriggle out of his grip and stormed out the cafe, walking away and crossing the road before the red light appeared.

Her eyes widened when she heard a loud ‘honk’ and the murmurs of many people. Thoughts came running into her head. She turned around, and was flabbergasted to see what was in her view.


“I’m truly sorry,” the doctor looked at her with a bit of sadness visible in his eyes. They were in a hospital ward, taking slight glances at the person on the hospital bed.

The readings on the screen showed a straight, green line. The silence was filled with a long ‘beep’. There was no other thing that could be done.

“Our nurses found something in his pocket. It was a small box and a well written letter. I think it was for you,” he showed a cute, tiny box with a purple bow and a pink envelope. She took them and silently thanked him as he left the room.

She huffed, opening the envelope to see – like what the doctor said – a nice written letter. She stared at it, debating with herself if she should read it or not.

Curiosity took over and she started reading it.

Dear lovely girlfriend of mine,

Are you reading this? Of course, you are. So, hello~ it’s me!

That was such a lame intro. Anyway, is my birthday girl having fun on her special day? No? Is it because her boyfriend is being snobbish? Heh.

If you aren’t having fun, I’m sorry~ I actually planned this so you’d storm off and come running back to me when I apologise to you. Dumb, aren’t I?

I bought you a special gift to celebrate your 18th birthday! I would like to see you wearing it when we’re on our next date! It’ll look perfect on you!

I’m glad I met you, honey. I’m happy you’re mine! I’m going to stay with you until my last breath leaves me.

Happy Birthday, sweetie. I love you.

Sincerely,

Your future husband, Park Jimin

Tears rolled out when she stared at the last words. I love you too, she replied. She sniffed and took a look at the box. Hesitating a bit, she opened it and gasped.

Inside it was a silver necklace with a light pink heart as its charm. Engraved on it was ‘Park Jimin’s girlfriend’ in black.

She cried silently at the sight of her gift. She looked at the person in bed. “I’m sorry,” she muttered softly. She didn’t want to leave him, nor did she want him to leave her. But, sadly, it’s over now.

She stood up and approached the door, taking one last glance at him.

“You will be missed, Park Jimin. I love you,” she said as she shut the door behind her.


a/n : made some slight corrections