Chap 8: Shattered

The Fault

Taehyung's eyes fell to the floor after witnessing what had happened on the school's rooftop.

"I'm sorry, Henry."

"Oh. Taehyung?" 

Taehyung looked up to see one of his new classmates.

"Hey, you don't have friends yet? You can hang out with me for now. Name's Jimin." Jimin introduced himself, holding out a hand. Taehyung shook it.

"Ah. Jimin. I've heard about you. It's an honor to talk to you." Taehyung said, bowing. Jimin chuckled.

"Aw. You're making me blush." Jimin said. "I like you. Let's go get lunch now. I'll pay." 

Taehyung nodded and they were off to a fast food restaurant.

 

Jungkook pulled back and tucked Shannon's hair behind her ear.

"I'm sorry." He apologized, turning and rushing off the roof.

Shannon stood still and put a hand to her heart to make sure it was still beating.

She hates how Jungkook always does this to her.

"Jerk." Shannon grumbled before going back down.

 

"You're marrying Shannon!?" Jimin exclaimed in surprise as he sat across Taehyung.

Taehyung nodded.

"Yep. I'm marrying Shannie~" Taehyung said dreamily. 

"Here's your-Jimin!!"

Jimin jumped, spilling his drink on the table as the server screamed his name.

"Hyung?!" Jimin exclaimed.

Yoongi stood over them in his uniform.

"How's Jungkook doing? Where is he? Why isn't he with you? How'd he take the news?" Yoongi asked. Jimin shrugged.

"I don't know. What are you doin-"

"Jungkook? You mean Henry? I know where he is.' Taehyung said, catching Jimin and Yoongi's attentions.

"What? You know Jungkook?" Jimin asked. Yoongi looked into Taehyung's eyes.

"Tell me. What do you know about my baby?" Yoongi asked.

"He's been doing fine. He seems happy and last time I saw, he was ki-" Taehyung cut himself off. "Last time I saw him was in class." Taehyung lied.

Yoongi sighed in relief then turned back to Jimin.

"Could you tell him not to go to the farm to find me? I had to sell it to pay off debt. Tell him I work here now so he can come see me anytime." Yoongi said.

Jimin nodded.

"Okay. Can we eat now?"

 

Jungkook was called out of class and was sent home.

He didn't know why but it had to be important, right?

"This is Miss Jung Yein. Your furture wife." Jungkook's father said, motioning to the girl with the small face sitting beside him.

Jungkook peered at her but she looked away and huffed.

"The Jung family is known for their loyalty and five star hotels. Make sure you learn a lot about hotels in the future, alright?"

Jungkook nodded.

"Good. Now you two get aquianted and I'll be back in a little bit. I have some business to take care of at the restaurant." 

Jungkook stared at Yein's side profile as his father left.

Then Yein suddenly snapped.

"Okay. I have a boyfriend so don't try getting close to me. I'm telling my parents what my decision is and you can't stop me-"

"I won't." Jungkook said. "I know how it is to be in love and I don't have a choice. But you do. So don't let them break you two apart." Jungkook said, feeling like a hyprocrite.

Yein pressed her lips together before getting up and stomping out the room.

Jungkook shut his eyes and put a hand on his forehead.

What is he going to do now?

"Jungkook! Jeon Jungkook!!"

Jungkook frowned and got up to go to the door.

"Jimin?" Jungkook said as he came upon two guards holding Jimin back. The guards let Jimin go and stepped back with a bow. "Why are you here this time?" Jungkook asked.

"I was just coming to give you a message from your brother when these two attacked me and told me I wasn't allowed here." Jimin growled, giving the two guards dirty looks.

"What did Hyung say?" Jungkook asked.

"He wants you to know that he doesn't own the farm anymore and that he works at the fast food restaurant next to our school." Jimin said.

Jungkook ran to the door and put on his shoes quickly.

"Yah! Jungkook-ah! Wait for me!" Jimin shouted.

Jungkook demanded the driver give him a ride to the fast food restaurant but the driver refused so Jungkook ran.

"Jungkook!" Jimin shouted as he chased after his friend.

 

"This is the place you like?" Shannon qustioned again after being dragged to the fast food restaurant by Taehyung.

"Yeah."

"Alright. Here's your-oh. It's you again. And you brought your girlfriend?" Yoongi said, looking to Shannon.

Shannon huffed and got up.

"I'm going to buy a drink." She grumbled before stomping off.

"Women." Yoongi said, smiling. Taehyung chuckled.

"Yeah. But she's no ordinary woman. She's mine." Taehyung said. Yoongi nodded.

"What's her name?" Yoongi asked.

"Shannon." Taehyung answered, making Yoongi's eyes grow big.

The girl that made my Baby's head go up into the clouds?

"Oh. I'm going to the restroom. I'll be back if Shannon asks." Taehyung said, going to the restroom.

Yoongi nodded but right as the door to the restroom closed, there was a huge explosion from the kitchen area.

Yoongi rushed there and saw Shannon ducking and screaming.

One of the ovens had exploded.

Yoongi darted to Shannon and shielded her from the fire, helping her get away slowly.

 

Jungkook breathed heavily. He could see the school from where he was. Yoongi was only a few miles away.

 

There was a second explosion as the gas caught fire.

It burnt Yoongi and the impact of the gas to the back of his head made him so dizzy he couldn't see anymore. He resorted to grabbing the screaming girl and tossing her to safety in his blindness.

He wanted Jungkook to be happy.

The third explosion then Yoongi was sent into darkness.

Taehyung came running out of the restroom.

"Shannon!!" Taehyung shouted. He saw Shannon sitting against the far wall covering her ears then his eyes traced hers to Yoongi's unconcious body. 

Taehyung dashed to Yoongi and dragged his body quickly to safety. He had taken many life support classes because his dream was to become a fireman and he knew what he was doing.

Taehyung checked Yoongi's pulse.

"Keep with me. Come on." Taehyung checked Yoongi's chest and breath, it was ceasing.

Taehyung performed CPR and pumped Yoongi's chest.

Yoongi had breathed in too much gas and smoke.

The sprinklers came on and drenched all three of them in water.

"Stay with me!" Taehyung shouted, but Yoongi was gone.

"Hyung!!" Jungkook shouted as he ran in heaving.

He was too late.

Jungkook met eyes with Taehyung.

Taehyung shook his head slowly and backed away as Jungkook approached.

Taehyung took Shannon and headed out the restarant, leaving the two of them alone.

Jungkook heard the sirens as he plopped down beside his beloved brother.

Jungkook belowed and screamed out his pain as water washed his tears away.

He squeezed his brother's hand and cried until he was forced to move back by medics.

He watched them zip his brother up and carry him off into the ambulance.

He sat in the water and whimpered long after the people had gone.

He felt helpless and shattered.

He couldn't even attend the funeral a week later because he had a date with Yein.