Chapter 1: That One Spring Rain

Harem War

tumblr_na90ypEFLf1sif4cro5_500.gif

The rain fell down the roof making tapping sounds as it landed on the ground. I looked outside the window from my study room and placed my book down on the table. I went out and felt the drops of rain in my hand not daring to cover myself with rain unless I want to taste my teacher's nagging again. "Miss! Please wait!" I turned my head and saw a girl about my age, maybe smaller, running around in the court yard without anything covering her from the rain. The young girl threw her arms high and spinned around in the rain as if she was dancing on a open stage. "Please cover yourself! You will get sick!" The older woman threw a silk coat on her. The young smiled as she looked up at the sky and felt the rain falling on her face. After smiling like a idiot for a few minute, I heard her asked her nanny,
"Nanny, where are we by the way?" The woman looked at her in sudden realization and observe their surrounding. She turned and finally noticed me by my study room. I lifted my head and looked down on the intruders.
"Who are you? What are you two doing here?" I asked in a loud voice trying to copy how my father speaks to his subjects. The old woman soon got onto her knees and bowed her head.
"I'm so sorry your majesty, it was completely my fault for not noticing you and intrupted your study." The woman said in a rush and soon looked up and whispered to her lady. "Miss, bow to him." She said in panic as if I was going to kill her for something as small as this. The little girl followed her order without questioning but I could tell she was peeking at me once in a while. I cleared my throat,
"Guards! Are you there?" I called out to those standing outside my doors. The old woman now began to shiver from being nervous and cold.
"Yes sir!" The guards said after they appeared beside me.
"Take these two..." I paused and smirked a bit, "and give them some warm clothes and food, they must be cold in such a weather." I said and smiled at them as they both looked up from the ground. The guards went out into the rain and lead the two woman to get warm. "Ah," I stopped them, "I still need an explanation so please bring them back here later." I said and sent them on their way again. As I waited for them to get back but I noticed how I couldn't focus on my study anymore so I closed my eyes and enjoys the sound of the rain as it gets louder. I didn't know how long time has passed but the next time I opened my eyes, Park Naesi (eunuch) announced their arrival. I sprint up from my laying position and tidied myslef and sat in a position that made me look powerful. The two lady walked into the room as the door opened. The older lady had her head down while the younger lady's head was spinning in circle as she examine her surrounding in fascination. I quietly chuckled as her cluelessness. The other lady tried to get her lady's attention by whispering to her. She finally came back to her sense and realized that she haven't paid her respect to me yet. SHe went down into a proper bow and the older woman followed after her. 
"I am very sorry your majesty for disturbing you during you study." She said awkwardly as if she wasn't used to talking in such manner. I held my laughter in and cleared my throat.
"May I ask what brought you here to my humble...home young miss?" I asked her the first question waiting for a reply
"Ah, I am very sorry but ever since I was little, I always felt happy during the spring rain and I tend to forget my surrounding when that happens.' She said being careful with her selection of words. I slip on my tea and placed it down on the table again. 
"I see that very clearly." I said and let out a small laughter and saw the older woman panick as if I just mocked her. "But I guess there's nothing wrong with enjoying the rain," I cleared my throat, "you may rise now." I said and they got up from their bowing position and sat down on the sitting mat placed in front of them. I waved to Park Naesi and he ordered tea to be brought up for my guests. The rain outside in the courtyard became a light sprinkle as the sun peaked through the clouds. I saw the girl's face brightened up as she and I watched the same scenery. I cleared my throat again to catch her attention and she turned back and lowered her head looking down on her colorful skirt. "Ah, I haven't ask for the house both of you came from." 
"Ah! Please forgive my mistake my lord. We are from the house of th head general, General Bae." The old lady quickly responded and I nodded at her answer and remembered a man who stood next to my father during every assembly. 
"And you? who are you to General Bae?" I asked the young girl who went slowly down to a bow.
"I am General Bae's daughter your majesty." The girl said with her soft voice. I demanded her to raise her head and so she did.
"What is your name mistress Bae?" I asked her while looking into her eyes
"I'm sorry for my cluelessness but my name is Suji, Bae Suji." She said not daring to meet my eyes.
"Bae Suji..." I murmured her name as the sun broke free from the clouds. Her voice ranged in my head and my heart is filled with colors and light for the first time since birth. 

 

A/N: lol...I updated~~~ ugh sorry>< but I hope you like this ouo and yea I picked Suzy as the first one cause I guess some people do ship them (?) idk XDDD