Final

Hold me tight, we'll be alright

 

 

 

Kyungsoo has a problem. He is pregnant, and he doesn’t know how to tell Jongin. After seeing the shocking positive pregnancy test result, he immediately scheduled a check-up with the ob-gyne. And now that he’s very sure that he is indeed pregnant, he doesn’t know if he should feel happy or devastated because he’s quite sure this is Jongin’s son (he never thought of cheating on him ever) and he doesn’t know if he will be happy about the news. Well, they’re engaged and all, and it’s not like they have not talked about having a baby before but Kyungsoo thought that maybe they’re not ready for this afterall. Money is not a problem since they both have a stable and high-paying job, but the responsibility of taking care of a kid? He doesn’t even have much experience with babies because he’s an only child, dammit. Kyungsoo thinks he’s gonna have a headache.

 

He decided to go straight home to rest for awhile, I’ll just think about this later he thought.

 

You are my one and only,

You can wrap your fingers round my thumb and hold me tight,

 And you’ll be alright

 

When he got to their apartment’s door, he was surprised to hear some music coming from inside. Is Jongin home early? Opening the door, he was even more surprised to see pink and blue animal balloons surrounding their living room, and Jongin walking towards him with a cheshire grin on his face.

 

“Uhh, is there something to-“

“Welcome home, daddy soo!”

 

Kyungsoo stared at his husband, dumbfounded because daddy soo?

 

“Jongin, I’m sorry but I’m not in the mood for your for now, and I’m not in the mood to top too. Actually, I’m not in the mood to do something strenuous today, if you get what I mean..”

 

Jongin laughed and Kyungsoo is starting to get irritated.

 

“Jongin, I swear-“

“Hyung, what are you talking about?! And why didn’t you tell me you were pregnant, and we’re having a baby and I’m gonna be a dad?! Unless I’m not the dad, because-“

“WAIT WHAT?! WHO TOLD YOU THAT?!”

“I- I saw a pregnancy test hidden on our drawer when I was looking for something, and after some research I learned that it’s a positive one, so I figured you’re pregnant because there was this one time when we did it and I forgot to use protection but you said it’s okay so yeah. Actually I was hurt because you didn’t tell me right away, but that doesn’t matter because if you’re really pregnant, then I’m gonna be a dad and isn’t that the best thing ever?!” Jongin explained, smiling like a kid given his favourite candy.

 

Kyungsoo’s headache is getting worse and he’s trying to take all the information at once. After staring at Jongin for awhile, he walked to sit on the couches in the living room. Jongin soon followed, seating beside his boyfriend, facing him.

 

“So you’re telling me you’re okay with me being pregnant..?” Kyungsoo asked.

“So you’re really pregnant, hyung?! Ohmygosh I’m really gonna be a dad! Ofcourse I’m very okay with that, didn’t we talk about having a baby before we even got engaged?” Jongin replied.

“I know, it’s just that.. I thought you’re still not ready about this. I mean, do you even know the responsibilities of having a kid, Jongin?”

“I’ve thought about that too, hyung,  I actually got a bit scared when I realized that awhile ago, but then I thought if it means I’m gonna have a baby that’s a result of our love, then I’m all willing to take the risk.”

“Jongin..” Kyungsoo looks like he’s about to cry soon, maybe his pregnancy mood swings are starting.

“Shh..” Jongin scooted closer to hold his boyfriend in his arms, “It’s okay, hyung. I’m okay with it, and I hope you are too. Don’t be scared of the responsibilities. I’m here, I’m just as unexperienced as you. We’ll get through this together, okay? I love you, hyung.”

“I love you too, Jongin.”

 

//

 

3 months into his pregnancy, Kyungsoo’s belly bump started getting bigger. He got a bit more moody too, and he started waking up in the middle of the night, only to have some sudden craving with something sour, something salty, or something sweet.

 

But Jongin doesn’t mind. In fact, he actually loves serving his boyfriend. He loves the smile and the kisses Kyungsoo gives him when he comes home bringing the food he’s craving at the moment, he also loves how he got more clingy and whiny (he's so cute, he tells Sehun and Luhan), and most importantly, he loves how his soon-to-be-husband is getting squishier (not to mention hornier) each day.

 

//

 

4 months into Kyungsoo's pregnancy, Jongin and Kyungsoo started talking about the gender they want for their baby.

 

“What do you think will it’s gender-“

“Iwannaboy, hyung!” Jongin responded immediately, grinning so wide it started looking kind of creepy.

“Good, because I’m not sure I want a girl either.”

“To be honest, I thought you’d want a girl, because you know, If we had a girl, you can teach him how to cook and bake like you do, Soo.”

“I know.. I actually thought about that, but when I realized the perks of having a daughter, I eventually changed my mind. I don’t think I can handle complains about period cramps, mood swings, money for shopping and all that things Baek and Yeol’s daughter is complaining about, this is our first child, you know.”

 

Kyungsoo laughed when he saw Jongin’s cringing face when the boy realized what he just said.

 

“What are you thinking?” Kyungsoo asked.

“Just how hard it’ll be for us to handle that for our first experience with a child. I don’t think I’m ready to go to the lingerie section and shop for a bra for our kid.”

 

And with that, Kyungsoo almost died laughing while imagining Jongin in such situation.

 

//

 

5 months into his pregnancy, Kyungsoo had his second check-up and this time, he’s with Jongin. Based on his research, today might be the day they’ll know about their baby’s gender, and he wished he hadn’t told Jongin about that, because as soon as Jongin knew, he started running all around the living room and hugging Kyungsoo so tight despite the awkwardness of it all (since Kyungsoo’s baby bump is starting to get in the way). Jongin’s excitement is starting to annoy Kyungsoo, but Kyungsoo’s getting used to it.

 

Thank God they were the first in line when they got to the hospital (they went way too early because “Hyung, I don’t think I can wait much longer!!”) because Kyungsoo don’t think he can handle more of Jongin’s bickering. He knows Jongin tend to talk a lot when he’s excited or nervous, and if Kyungsoo’s not pregnant, he can be patient with this, but he is and, well.

 

They were welcomed by the same doctor that confirmed Kyungsoo’s pregnancy.

 

“Oh, hello Kyungsoo! It’s been awhile, you look glowing, and you’re baby bump’s getting bigger. Is this your husband with you?” the doctor asked.

Kyungsoo can’t help but smile with the compliment, “Thanks doc, and yes, this is Jongin. Jongin, this is Dr, Zhang.”

Jongin immediately grabbed the doctor’s hand (shocking the two other in the room) and tearfully said, “Nice to meet you, Dr. Zhang! And thank you for taking care and confirming Kyungsoo’s pregnancy. I can never be more thankful!” He was about to hug the doctor too but was thankfully grabbed by Kyungsoo.

Chuckling, Dr. Zhang said, “You’re welcome I guess? It’s nice to know you’re excited to have a baby, Jongin-ssi. Let’s start the test, shall we? You might know the gender of your baby today.”

 

After a few tests here and there, Dr. Zhang finally showed the sonogram and there it was, their baby, and then Jongin was sobbing hard. Seeing Jongin cry, Kyungsoo started to be tearful as well.

 

“H-hyung! It’s our b-baby! Ohmygosh, look at him, he l-looks so cute inside your womb!” Jongin cried.

“You guys are so cute. It looks like you’re having a baby boy, congratulations Kyungsoo and Jongin! I should print out two copies for you both, so I’d leave you two for awhile.” Dr. Zhang, enthusiastically said.

 

When Dr. Zhang left, Kyungsoo finally let out his tears. Jongin scooted closer to the bed where Kyungsoo was lying and hugged his soon-to-be-husband sideways. He laid his head on Kyungsoo’s baby bump, and talked to the baby,

 

“Hi baby. Daddy’s so glad you’re a baby boy. I’m so happy to finally see you inside your appa’s womb, I can’t wait to see you physically and hold you. Please stay healthy always, I love you.”

 

And then he looked at Kyungsoo and said, “T-thank you, hyung. Thank you for giving me such a wonderful gift. I can’t be any happier. I’ll promise to love and take care of you both as long as I live. I love you, hyung.”

 

With tears still flowing from his cheeks, Kyungsoo asked Jongin to come closer, and when he does, he kissed him fully on the lips as if to express everything he feels in the moment, when they separated, he said, “I love you too, Jongin, more than you’ll ever know. I love you both. Thank you.”

 

//

 

6 months into Kyungsoo’s pregnancy, Jongin can’t stop talking to their baby. One time, while they were cuddling in the couch, with blankets wrapped in them, Jongin randomly asked,

 

“Hyung, what do you want to name our baby?”

“Hmm.. I actually haven’t thought of that yet, do you have something in mind?”

“I’m thinking about joining our names together you know, like Jongsoo or something.”

“That’s actually good, but don’t you think that’s quite typical?”

“Yes it is.. hmm maybe something that starts with T would be good, you know like, Taemin hyung’s name.”

“Stop bringing Taemin in every conversation we have, dammit.”

Gasps. “Hyung, don’t curse! Our baby will hear you. Anyway, what’s wrong with him, are you jealous?” Jongin teased.

“N-no! Why would I be jealous of that punk?! I’m the one you love, right?” Kyungsoo blushed.

“Ofcourse, hyung. You and only you. Oh, and ofcourse him, too!” Jongin replied, pointing to Kyungsoo’s baby bump, “So what do you think will suit him?”

“I don’t know. Taeoh sounds good to me, what do you think?”

“Taeoh.. Kim Taeoh. I like it!”

“Let’s name him Taeoh then.”

“Okay!!” Jongin responded, and then he laid his head on Kyungsoo’s lap and faced his baby bump again, ready to talk, “You heard that baby? You finally have a name! And it’s Kim Taeoh. Doesn’t that sound good? I can’t wait to call you that soon!”

 

And it seems like he heard his daddy’s voice, because baby Taeoh kicked and Kyungsoo gasped.

 

“Oh my gosh Jongin!”

“Are you okay, hyung?” Jongin asked, eyebrows furrowing, concerned.

“He kicked Jongin! He kicked! I think he likes the name we gave him!” Kyungsoo excitedly said.

Grinning widely, Jongin said, “Really?! Where? I wanna feel it too!”

“Around here, wait for it.” Kyungsoo grabbed Jongin’s hand and placed it around the right side of his tummy.

Jongin patiently waited for it, and after a few seconds, the two males looked at each other and grinned widely, “He kicked again, hyung! And it’s so strong too! I think he’ll grow up strong like me, too! I can teach him soccer, right hyung?”

“Yes Jongin, yes he will and yes you can.”

 

//

 

7 months into his pregnancy, Kyungsoo decided it’s finally time to shop for stuffs for their baby.

 

When they reached the mall, Jongin hurriedly dragged him into the baby store. They started looking for cribs, milk bottles, and all the stuffs babies need (but not without Jongin arguing that “the color should be blue hyung, because he’s a boy! Black is too dark for babies!”). Finally, they reached the toys section, and the two separated to look for toys for their baby boy. While they were silently searching, Kyungsoo suddenly heard a not so manly squeal from the opposite side of the aisle, and then

 

“Hyung! Hyung! Come here, look at this!”

 

Groaning, Kyungsoo went to look at what the fuss is about. When he reached Jongin, he noticed the boy holding a baby mobile with bears and penguins hanging from it.

 

“Hyung, look! It’s a penguin and a bear! It’s us!”

Kyungsoo can’t help but chuckle at his boyfriend’s enthusiasm about a mere toy, so cute he thought.

 

“Should we buy it?”

“Ofcourse, hyung! We should hang it on top of Taeoh’s crib so that he can play with it and it’ll remind him of us!”

“But Jongin, Taeoh won’t understand that what he’s playing is a resemblance of us.”

“He will, hyung! Taeoh will be an intelligent baby boy like you!”

 

Jongin’s reason was lame, but the baby mobile was cute and Jongin likes it, so Kyungsoo ended up buying it anyway.

 

//

 

8 months into his pregnancy, Kyungsoo learned a new song from Jongin.

 

Kyungsoo was sitting on their bed, reading a book he recently bought, when Jongin barged in their room and sat beside him.

 

“Hyung! Listen to this!” Jongin said, scrolling through his iPod while handing half of his earphone to Kyungsoo.

“Jongin, I’m reading..”

“Please, hyung! Just one song! You’ll like it, I promise.”

 

Sighing, Kyungsoo gave in.

 

“I’m gonna play it now.” and then Jongin pressed the play button.

 

Soft beats filled Kyungsoo’s ears. And then a boy – whose voice is familiar – started singing.

 

You're just a small bump unborn, in four months you're brought to life,
You might be left with my hair, but you'll have your mother's eyes,
I'll hold your body in my hands, be as gentle as I can,
But for now you're scan of my unmade plans,
A small bump in four months you'll open your eyes

 

“It’s just a month for us but I can’t wait to see him opening his eyes hyung. I hope he has your big doe eyes and your heart shaped lips.”

 

I'll hold you tightly, I'll give you nothing but truth,
If you're not inside me, I'll put my future in you

You are my one and only.
You can wrap your fingers round my thumb and hold me tight.
Oh, you are my one and only.
You can wrap your fingers round my thumb and hold me tight.
And you'll be alright.

 

“Is this the song you’re listening to when I went home that time and was surprised that you already know I’m pregnant?” Kyungsoo asked.

“Yes hyung, it is. It’s nice isn’t it. Perfect for us. And did you hear the lyrics? The “You can wrap your fingers round my thumb and hold me tight.” part? Can you imagine that hyung, can you imagine Taeoh wrapping his cute little fingers around my thumb, that’d be so cute I can’t wait!”

 

Oh, you're just a small bump unknown, you'll grow into your skin.
With a smile like hers and a dimple beneath your chin.
Finger nails the size of a half grain of rice,
And eyelids closed to be soon opened wide
A small bump, in four months you'll open your eyes.

 

Yawning, Kyungsoo started to get sleepy (he gets sleepy a lot when he got pregnant), but he managed to say, “I can imagine him having your tanned skin and perfect nose, Jongin. He’ll be the most handsome kid like his daddy.”

Jongin just smiled, looking at his soon-to-be-husband fondly, and thinking how lucky he is to have such a cute and loving husband.

 

Before the song even ended, Kyungsoo fell asleep leaning on Jongin’s shoulders. Jongin tucked him to bed, put his iPod and earphones aside and cuddled with Kyungsoo. Soon, he fell asleep spooning Kyungsoo, with his hand holding Kyungsoo’s baby bump protectively.

 

//

 

It’s January, and it’s Kyungsoo’s 9th month into pregnancy. Anytime soon, he’ll give birth to their baby and Jongin is both thrilled and scared.

 

//

 

It is on the 13th of January, while Kyungsoo and Jongin’s celebrating their birthdays when Kyungsoo gave birth.

Jongin quickly rushed him to the hospital when Kyungsoo started feeling pains on his tummy while they were on the middle of their date. After the delivery, Kyungsoo was brought to a private room where Jongin took care of him. Half an hour later, a nurse came in holding a baby wrapped in a thick blue blanket. Jongin held the urge to cry and instead held Kyungsoo’s hand tightly when the nurse is nearing them.

 

“Congratulations Kyungsoo-ssi and Jongin-ssi, you have a healthy and very cute baby boy!” the nurse said, and motioned to transfer the baby to Kyungsoo. When Taeoh was in Kyungsoo’s arms, the nurse continued, “I’d leave you both for now, you’ll be able to go home by tomorrow, Kyungsoo-ssi. If you have any questions, we’re just in the nurse station.”

 

When the doors closed, Jongin started sobbing yet again (he’s been doing it a lot lately, and he’s not even the pregnant one), “Hyung! He’s- He’s so beautiful! He had your lips and eyes, and my skin and nose like we predicted. He’s perfect, hyung.”

“Jongin, stop crying. And yes, he’s beautiful ofcourse, and he’s ours. Do you wanna hold him?”

“But hyung, what if I drop him? What if he breaks?”

“No he won’t Jongin. Come here.”

 

And Jongin did, he sat beside Kyungsoo on the hospital bed, and slowly, he reached out his hand to hold little Taeoh. When the baby’s already in his hands, Taeoh squirmed and reached out his hands to his parents. Giggling, Jongin said,

“Annyeong Taeoh~ I’m your daddy Jongin, and this is your appa Kyungsoo, we’re your parents and we love you so much.”

As if in response, Taeoh let out little baby noises and his mouth turned up to his first smile.

 

And Jongin and Kyungsoo has never felt happier than in this moment.

 

//

 

2 years later, Jongin and Kyungsoo got married, and the three (including Taeoh) has been living a happy, peaceful and normal life until..

 

"No!"
"Jongin get out here!!"
"No!!"
"Jongin stop being stubborn and open the ing door!!"
"Hyung, don't curse! Taeoh can here you!"

 

Just then they hear a distant squeal getting louder as little Taeoh runs towards his appa.

"Appa! !" followed by more giggles.

Jongin gasped. "See hyung! I told you!"

Kyungsoo groaned, "If you kindly just opened the door then none of this would have happened!" and scolded Taeoh for saying a curse word.

"But hyung, Taeoh bit me!"
"Jongin, you tried to steal his cookie, ofcourse he'd be mad!"
"He didn't have to bite me!"
"Oh please! You don’t have to be a kid for such a thing!”

“I won’t get out until you both promise that you’ll kiss my oo away! And a little something more from you too!”

“Ugh!!”

 

Okay, maybe it’s not that peaceful and normal afterall, but as long as there’s the three of them together, everyone’s happy.

 

 

---------------

A/N:

Title is based from Ed Sheeran's Small Bump!

This is unedited, so sorry for the mistakes (if there's any).

I hope y'all enjoy reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it!

Comments are welcome and loved! You can also talk to me on twitter (@qaisus)!

I love you guys!