Memories Pt.2 (Key)

Love of the unloved

Key sighed, once again looking at his phone and street signs.

“Great, I’m lost...god my steps would be happy finally something I can’t manage” Key giggled sadly to himself.

“Kim Kibum?”  A familiar voice Key hadn’t heard in years spoke. Key’s eyes widen as he looked at the man in front of him, still the same, tall, big hands grabbing his shoulder, drunken gaze, and scruffy hair, nothing changed about his uncle. Key felt a rush of panic and pain burst inside him as he pulled his beanie on more, trying to look as normal as possible.
“Oh, sorry you’re not my nephew...I owe that kid an apology” His uncle muttered, hands leaving Key along with a breathe Key didn’t know he was holding. Quickly walking down the sidewalk, dodging people as his eyes began to cloud, tears blurring his vision.

 

Key bumped into someone and nearly fell to the ground until someone caught him and pulled him into a hug. Key felt warm, and comfortable, but confused as to why a stranger could make him feel so peaceful and worried.

“Oh my god I’m so sorry” The woman he’d bumped into began speaking, panicking.

“I-it’s fine, it was my fault” Key muttered back, the person who’d caught him let go. Key looked at the two after fixing his hair. The woman he’d bumped into was dressed in black jeans and a denim jacket, her hair was a short blonde pixie cut kind of thing, but she still had the feminine look. The man that had caught him was a bit shorter than Key, even though it hadn’t felt like it, he had lost big eyes that reminded Key of a puppy, but they looked lost, pained, but still bright, he had sharp features, but somehow they seemed soft, Key had felt muscle in their small moment of contact, and it seemed obvious that there was something Key wanted to know more about when it came to this certain male.

 

Key fixed himself once more, apologising once again, offering a small bow but once he looked up his eyes widened again, and he felt frozen.

 

----

 

“Kibum, this is your uncle Jun, and he’s gonna take care of you tonight” Key’s father smiled. Key was six, and made sure to be a good boy, putting on his best smile.

“Hello Uncle Jun, thank you for taking care of me tonight” Key giggled, following protocol. His uncle and father both smiled.

 

Key although he was young, knew something was wrong about his uncle, it wasn’t a normal thing for his parents to leave him alone with a stranger, usually it’d be him and Ailee. It wasn’t until Uncle Jun was tucking Key into bed did Key realised something was wrong, he tried to scream for help but his mouth was gagged, hands bound….

 

----

 

Key shook his head of the events, noises, feelings, and pain,but itwill always be something that haunts Key, something he can’t escape. that feels so unreal, the only thing that felt real was Ailee rushing in to see him at 5 in the morning, after “uncle” Jun had made his escape,, although she was late, Key was scarred, she took Key to her house, and he spent the night crying to Ailee, she was more of a mother than his mother, and more of a parent than his father, but Key still couldn’t stop nightmares that replayed in his mind for years, waking up screaming, and when he finally felt free it always comes back.

“Not anymore...I’m free” Key muttered to himself, steps speeding up, until he hit something, well someone.

 

“Are you okay?” The woman asked. Key broke out of his trance, wiped his eyes and put one of his famous smiles.

“Yes, I’m fine, I’m so sorry I bumped into you, I’m Kim Kibum, it’s nice to meet you” Key spoke as if he were reciting a poem, any evidence of pain or suffering gone.
“Oh I’m Amber, don’t worry I wasn’t looking much either, I’m glad you’re okay” The woman, Amber, spoke as a smile formed on her lips. The guy remained quiet until Amber nudged his arm.

“Hi, I’m Jonghyun, sorry for the abrupt hug I didn’t know what to do” The man, Jonghyun spoke, and then looked off to the distance. His voice was something Key enjoyed. Soon Key realised they’d been standing there in silence for a few minutes now, and it was getting awkward, at least to him it was.

“Ah, I should be going, again I’m so sorry” Key said bowing quickly, before running off.

 

It was some time later when Key found himself watching the sun rise from a park bench, he’d thought about going to a hotel and staying there, but gave up on the idea as soon as he realised his parents would probably be informed, and then he thought on more places to go, and none seemed to be good once a little more thought was added, so he wandered, and ended up buying a hot chocolate and sitting on a park bench.

 

Key sighed it was a nice sight, but now he was lost, cold, and had nowhere to stay, he felt a little bad for doing this, but he grabbed his phone composed Ailee’s number and hit ring.

 

-”Hello?” Ailee’s voice flowed through the speaker, she sounded tired, and a little worried, but if Key hadn’t grown up with her he wouldn’t know any of noticed.

“Ailee ssi...It’s me..” Key muttered into the phone. There was a gasp, rustling and a door slam before Ailee spoke again.

“Key, where are you, I’m gonna come get you!” Ailee spoke quickly.

“A-Ailee ssi…” Key felt tears beginning to form.

“I-I’m at a park, don’t tell my parents please, I ran away because I can’t handle it there anymore...I’m sick of it, and I wanna be free” Key cried into the phone.

“It’s okay Key, I wouldn’t tell them, I quit as soon as they said you’d run away, I couldn’t bare to watch how carefree they were, but it’s gonna be okay” Ailee spoke in a calm voice, Key felt comforted.

“Okay Key, I need you to explain what’s around you” Ailee whispered. Key looked around, he found the name of the park, and told it to Ailee, she then asked him about his plans.

 

“I-I have none, I only got as far as disguising myself, grabbing some things, and leaving” Key answered. Ailee chuckled slightly, and then Key felt a hand on his shoulder.
“Found you” Ailee giggled. Key smiled, patting the spot beside him, Ailee happily sat down.

“So, no play aye?” Ailee asked. Key sighed, watching his breath dance in the cold wind.

“Nope, I tried hotels, motels, apartments, but every manager or some worker knows my parents or me, and I wouldn’t be able to his their long” Key sighed.

“How about my place?” Ailee suggested. Key looked at her with wide eyes.

“A-are you serious? Don’t you have roommates?” Key stuttered, still in shock.

“They wouldn’t mind, they’re nice people Key, and you’re like my son or something” Ailee chuckled.
“If they wouldn’t mind then sure, I’d love to...if it’s really okay” Key muttered a shy reply. Ailee smiled, ruffling his hair before she stood up.

“Then, let’s go” Ailee spoke, smiling widely, holding a hand out for Key. Key smiled taking her hand.


-----------------To be continued~
A/N: Still alive yay, sorry for the delay in updating, lot happened and kinda lost track of things, but I'm back sorta, and look we're getting closer and closer to present day yay! At least I think we are O-o We shall see, bye until next time ^w^
 
-N