We Needed You, We Always Need You

What About Us

It had been a very long and drawn out six months, days felt like weeks. They never seemed to end, blurring into each other, sometimes Jonghyun would forget what day it was or what month they were in. A day never went by with out Jonghyun thinking of him, wishing he was back home and in his arms. The day he ran away was the day Jonghyun forgot how to breath, forgot how to smile and be happy.

As much as Jonghyun wanted to break down and cry, he simply couldn't, he had to stay strong for his little baby girl Nari. She was left on his door step with a letter attached to her thin baby pink blanket, an ex girlfriend dumped her on him although he was just glad he could giver her a home. Jonghyun thought that was the reason why his lover had run away the night after her arrival but it seems to be a strong case of denial. Jonghyun's older brother Onew has seen his lover about every so often, Onew would tell Jonghyun what a mess he has become.

It was like he was having a serious break down and Jonghyun hadn't felt more useless in all his life. Jonghyun lived in a small studio flat just out side the centre of town, it wasn't anything fancy, it was all he could afford. It had one main room which had a king sized bed, which was pushed up against the wall one side under the window. At the end of bed, on the wall hung a decent sized tv, below a small chest of draws and Naris toy collection. It had a small kitchen and bath room but it was perfect for him and his daughter.

It was tough being a single dad, Jonghyun had felt so happy when he got Nari, thinking that he could raise her with his lover and be a perfect family, that was all he had ever wanted. To get by and survive,  Jonghyun became a tattoo artist and worked from home. He had taken some courses before his daughter came in to his life and even trained a few hours week when Onew could baby sit.

On a busy day he would have minimum four customers but only if they were smaller jobs. Plus he would only do them in the evening, wanting to make sure his princess had eaten, was bathed and ready for bed. Usually she would be watching cartoons or a film before falling a sleep, cuddling her fox plushie, her little hand's curled around in fist to keep the light brown fluffy teddy near her chest.

A day never went by when Jonghyun would think about his lover and wonder when it had all gone wrong, he never hurt him, never cheated and only did his best to make the younger smile and be happy. All he could mutter was "what about us" to him self as he had cuddles with Nari or when he would watch her sleep in his arms.

It was a typical cold, grey and rainy January, Jonghyun had someone due over at seven for a tattoo, preparing all his equipment in the kitchen. It was five and time Nari had some dinner, the older sighing as he ran s hand through his grey hair as he looked through the freezer's and cupboards.

"Come on pickle, we need to go down the shops to get some bits for dinner" Jonghyun said softly as he walked in to the main room. His heart melting at the sight of his daughter, her soft, plump lips pulled into a small smile, small pearl white teeth showing, eyes creased as she giggled at the cartoon on tv.

He soft black hair was pulled back in to a cute little ponytail, her eyes turning to her daddies voice. She clapped her hand's happily before shuffling and trying to get off the bed with out falling on to her bum. She could walk but not very far before getting wobbly on her little legs, she was one and a half years old already, Jonghyun hated that he hadn't been there since the start but he had no clue he had a little girl until six months ago.

Jonghyun had met and fell in love with his lover eight months ago and everything seemed to had been going so well, almost too perfect to some people. Throwing on a thin cardigan and slipping on his black shoes for quickness, Jonghyun helped Nari put her coat on and he little Nike high tops. He grabbed his phone, apartment keys and some money before heading out in to the dark, cold night.

Luckily it had stopped raining just over an hour ago but the ground was still wet. The cold breeze made the older shiver as he picked up Nari and they headed down the road to a small like convenience shop. Jonghyun wrapped part of his cardigan around his little girl to keep her warm as they walked down the street, Nari nuzzling her face in her daddy's neck to find more warmth and comfort.

Jonghyun was so thankful that Nari is such a good girl and didn't play up, always behaving her self and doing as she is told. She certainly was her daddy's little girl though. They entered the shop after a short five minutes, Jonghyun picking up a small basket and placing Nari down but holding her hand tightly.

"What does Nari want for dinner" Jonghyun asked Nari as he placed some cling film in the basket. It was something he needed for when the tattoo would be finished, it had to be covered for a few hours afterwards. The little girl seemed to think for a moment, her soft black hair swinging as she took slow foot steps, eyes sparkling as she looked up at Jonghyun.

"Nuggets daddy, I want nuggets pwlease" she asked while flattering her eye lashes at her dad, she had the puppy eyes that could melt anyone.  Jonghyun chuckled and bent down to peck her forehead, combing her bang's out her eyes afterwards, they walked down the frozen aisle, getting Nari her precious nuggets and a few other bits before heading to pay for the few items.

It was a rule Jonghyun made to him self, no matter how much money he had on him, he always let Nari have some sweets as a treat when they went out. It was his way of saying thank you to her, for being so well behaved and being so polite. "Go pick your self some sweets sweetheart" Jonghyun said softly, letting Nari's hand go so she could have a look and pick out what she wanted.

The cashier smiled softly at Jonghyun as she scanned the items, he knew what would happen, it had gotten boring already. It was like a tv show showing the same episodes over and over, the cashier would flirt and try to get Jonghyun's number and a date but it always failed. he simply wasn't interested in anyone else that wasn't his lover. When he ran away, he took Jonghyun's heart with him, the puppy like man could never love another that wasn't him. it was a minute later Nari stumbled back to her dad with her choice of sweets, she chose some Milk chocolate and white chocolate buttons and a pack of milky stars.

Jonghyun chuckled and took them from her so he could pay, looking around and adding her favourite crisp and chewy sweets as an extra treat. Jonghyun ignored most of the cashiers questions and flirting, he only needed one girl in his life and that was his daughter. Paying for the stuff, Jonghyun picked Nari up and the bags before bidding goodbye and leaving to head home.

The streets were still quite busy for a Thursday evening, people running for the bus, cars parking along the main road. Before Jonghyun could turn to head home, a loud sob reached his ears followed by the sound of some people shouting. In his head, Jonghyun should of ignored it and just focused on going home but his heart told him not too, it was the sound of pain filled whimpers and sobbing that made his feet move in the direction of the sound.

It might of been his mind playing tricks on him but it sounded to much like him, the one who ran away six months ago. Some rather tough looking people came out of an ally where the pain filled sobs were coming from, Jonghyun hung back a minute until they were out of sight.  He wrapped his cardigan around his daughter again who looked confused at her dad, whispering "were we going daddy" softly.

Jonghyun cracked a small, loving smiled, using his other hand to brush back a few lose strands of hair and kissing her cold, rosy cheek. Tiny stones and gravel cracked and crumbled under his heavy steps as he walked down the ally, it was dirty and didn't smell too good, Jonghyun caught sight of a few broken needles making the older tighten his grip around Nari.

The older stopped in front of a crouched body, the sound of the voice sending chill's down Jonghyun's spine, mouth open and eyes wide. He thought it was impossible to hope for him to return six months on but he never gave up, wishing, praying and HOPING his love would return, even Onew thought it was pointless and to move on but Jonghyun couldn't. Now he had found him again, it was like his praying and wishing had paid off.

"K..K...Kibum" Jonghyun whispered quietly, not wanting to scare away the younger. The said man's head whipped up quickly, wiping his nose on the sleeve of his dirty jacket. Jonghyun couldn't believe it was actually Kibum in front of him, he looked like a ghost of his former self.

Trouser's wrinkled, stained and had a few holes in them, his jacket dotting a few different coloured marks and dirt. What was once soft, fluffy light brown hair was now matted, dirty and just a mess. The young boy's skin looked grey, the older catching sight of some cuts and bruises on the skin he could see. The younger had always been slim but he looked like a walking corpse, this was a stranger, someone Jonghyun didn't know, behind those feline eyes was nothing but emptiness, like Kibum's soul had been stolen from him.

Tear tracks inked the younger's cheeks, the sight making Jonghyun want to cry but he had to stay strong. The sound of those voices coming back shook Jonghyun out of his trance, wasting no time picking up Kibum's back pack and throwing it over his other shoulder. He had found his love and wasn't about to leave with out him, six months of misery and hell and now he had Key in front of him.

Gripping Kibum's wrist, he gently pulled the younger to his feet, the younger not even putting up a fight or trying to push Jonghyun away. Nari looked at the man, smiling softly as she remembered who it was, she may of only seen Kibum for half a day but she never forgot about him. She always used to ask her daddy "where pretty kitty was" after he ran away.

She stopped doing it two weeks after Kibum had gone, seeing the hurt in her daddy's eyes only hurt her. When Jonghyun was hurt, she would hurt just as much, all they wanted was Kibum home. They needed him more then he could ever know, he was apart of their family and without him they could never be fully happy. Jonghyun held Kibum tightly around his waist, holding the two bags of shopping with the hand what held Nari.

It was a juggling act but Jonghyun managed it, his main priory were Kibum and Nari and keeping them safe, with quick steps they exited the ally way, walking in the direction of the older's apartment. They didn't say a word for the whole five minutes, only the sound of Kibun sniffling, looking down at the wet, dirty pavement under their shoes. Nari wasn't stupid, once they got inside their home, she helped her daddy, dragging the shopping to the kitchen as he helped Kibum out his worn out shoes and jacket.

Those once soft, light pink bow shaped lips were now cracked, dry and a light shade of blue from the harsh cold weather they had been having lately. She stayed out the way while Jonghyun went and ran a hot bubble bath for Kibum, he didn't ignore Nari though. As he left Key (the cute nickname he gave the younger when they first started dating) to sock in the bath, he cuddled with her for a few moments before starting the dinner. Texting his customer to come half hour later for the Tattoo, he set out to make something for Nari and Key.

Jonghyun shoved all of Key's clothes in the back pack in to the washing machine, wanting to make the apartment feel like home for him. He could no longer be mad at Key, disappointed but he couldn't be mad when he saw how broken and dead Key looked behind those usually twinkling feline eyes. Nari happily ate her dinner half hour later, making sure to thank her daddy and pecking his cheek as he left the kitchen to check on Key.

On the dining table sat a plate of chicken chow mein, it was what Jonghyun got him self for dinner but he cooked it for Key. Beside the plate was a glass of cola, Jonghyun smiled weakly when Key weakly smiled back as he glanced at the food. The oldest of the two deciding to munch on a couple of animal shaped biscuits instead, not feeling very hungry as the adrenaline pulsed through his veins.

Never did he expect to go out and find the love of his life after a long, tiring six months. While Key slowly ate the food, Jonghyun managed to quickly bath Nari and get her changed in to her baby pink ladybug pyjamas. She sat on the bed, her milk chocolate button sin her hands and fox plush in her lap as she watched the cartoons again on TV. Jonghyun sat opposite his lover who was wearing so jogging pants and a baggy top Jonghyun had given to him to wear. Neither could a word, not knowing what to say or what to even do.

"I..I...I...I'm sorry" Key whispered out so quiet that Jonghyun wouldn't of heard him if he wasn't sitting so close. The younger's voice was raw and cracked on the last word, tears flooding Key's eyes again, free falling down his cheeks, leaving behind streaks of wetness like a tattoo inking in to the skin.

Jonghyun sighed softly, he was confused, worried and all he wanted to know was why Key had run away those months ago. Everything had been going so well, Jonghyun honestly hadn't ever been so happy before and he knew Key was the one. Heart broken doesn't describe how he felt the morning he woke up to see Key gone with some of his clothes with nothing left behind but a scribbled note saying sorry.

It was like a thousand dagger's slicing away at his cracked and torn heart, the older moved to sit next to Key. He took a deep breath before speaking "W..we needed you Kibum, w..w...we still need you. E...E..every day all I thought was what about us, what did I do wrong. I...I...I just want to know why Kibum" Jonghyun replied softly, the words just burning his tounge, emotion slowly getting the better of him, tears appearing for the first time in months. Jonghyun got up and made them both a hot chocolate quickly as the younger spoke, his answer proved that Onew was right and Key was living in denial all along.

"I..I...I..I was scared, s...scared and worried. I...I..I didn't think your daughter would like m..m...me. I..I...I was scared she would be hated by others because of what we had. I...I didn't want her to go through what I..I..I did, I....I was scared as everything felt perfect, too perfect, I tried so to make my self believe I...I..I didn't love you. I..I...I...I tried to believe we wasn't working, t...that our love wasn't real and it was nothing but a fling.

I...I....I...I  wanted t...t..to believe that there was nothing between us and we just hooked up for every so often. I...I..I tried so h...hard, I...I..I ran away in hope it would help me believe these thoughts. I....I kept thinking you would be better off without me, finding a pretty lady to be the perfect mummy figure to your d..d..daughter.

I...I..I stayed in a cheap motel, I..I...I started to sell my self to live and get by but I...I..I only lasted a week. I could only think about you, each day it got harder to believe these lies I created, I...I..I ended up mixing with the wrong kind of people just by trying to get some money together. I...I...I ended up sleeping rough on the streets for the past month, b...b..broke and n..nothing to live for.

I..I...It was a month after I left that I realised how wrong I..I..I was, how badly I..I..I.I had messed up, h..how badly my fake lies had destroyed us and what we had" Key spoke as he cupped the warm deep purple mug tightly, sighing softly at the warmth soothing his fingers. Jonghyun was speechless, shocked, he didn't know whether to be hurt about the thought's Key had, seeing how much he seemed to regret them now.

"Y...You know me and Nari have always loved you Kibum, w...w..we will always love you. I...I just wanted you home, you always have a home here with us, y...you are apart of our family Key. I could never love anyone else but you Bum, you stole my heart the moment we met and fell in love. You made my crazy in love, brought out a new side of me I didn't know was there.

I..I..I was shocked when Nari came in to me life but I was so happy, thinking that we could raise her together. It was all I ever wanted, I...it is still all I ever want Kibum. Me, you and Nari together, you both mean so much to me and it hurt when you left. I thought I had done wrong, hurt you, caused you pain you didn't deserve. I..I..I wanted to look for you, bring you home, I wanted to cry but I couldn't, I had to be strong for Nari, e...even she missed you Key.

A...A..Always asking for you each day. A...A..All you have ever done is make me happy Kibum and if that is a crime then I am guilty. I...I..I missed you so much it hurt even more, I...I just want you home with us, where you belong, I want back what we used to have before Kibum, I...I never stopped loving you" Jonghyun spoke softly, voice cracking every so often, tears slowly breaking free and falling down his cheeks.

The oldest looked up and gazed in to those feline eyes he loved so much, feeling soft finger tips caress his wet cheeks, a few droplets getting wiped away. Jonghyun cracked a small, weak smile, doing the same back, both said nothing for a while, Jonghyun couldn't be mad nor did he even want to shout at Kibum. Seeing the state Key was in and how broken he looked was more then enough to show just how much he regretted that day six months ago.

They were pulled out their little bubble by the sound of soft foot steps approaching them, Nari looking up worried at both of them. Her little bare feet patted against the cold white tiles, little purple packet of buttons in her hand, reaching her arms out for her daddy to pick her up. Jonghyun smiled brightly seeing his little princess, lifting her in to his lap and combing her black hair, taking out the hair band to let her black hair down.

She looked at Key, noticing the tear stains, opening her packet, she reached her hand out to Key, a little chocolate button between her fingers for him. Jonghyun felt his heart melt at the sight. Key smiling at Nari and accepting the chocolate, she clapped happily and swung her leg's around before digging around and handing one to Jonghyun. He opened his mouth wide and she popped in, squealing happily that her chocolate buttons were accepted.

"She is spitting image of you Jjong, she is beautiful" Key said, voice soft like honey, a smile on those bow shaped lips. The nick name rolling of his tongue, for that moment it felt like Key had never been away and it was like it was before.

The nick name sent chills down Jonghyun's spine, how he had missed Key calling him that, how he had missed that smile and those sparkling eyes. He could only smile and agree about how beautiful Nari was, she was his only strength through out the whole six months. They stayed like that for a few minutes, Nari loving the attention she was getting, she loved having Key back home. She had missed her pretty kitty, she always found him to be so pretty, finding her self stare at him for a long time.

A knock on the door starttled the moment, Nari dragging Key in to the main room to watch a movie with him. Jonghyun cursed as he saw the time, opening the door and inviting in the customer. He got paid pretty well doing tattoos and it was easier for him to care for Nari without a baby sitter. Two and a half hours later, he was done and the customer bid goodbye, thanking Jonghyun for doing a great job and the hot drinks. When he turned in to the main room, he swore he saw the most beautiful sight in the world.

The movie had ended on the TV, lights were out, only the bright coloured screen lit the room. Key and Nari were fast asleep on the bed. Nari cuddled up to Key who had an arm around her, her little fox plushie squashed in between their chest. It was something Jonghyun always dreamed about, something he thought would never happen. The two most important people in his life cuddled up and fast asleep, gently he pulled the thick, warm duvet over their bodies, making sure they would be warm.

Grabbing his phone, Jonghyun took a photo of them both, saving it and setting it as his main wallpaper. He needed to know it was real and he wasn't dreaming again, quickly and quietly he went back into the kitchen. Packing away his stuff and washing up the dinner plates, saucepans and cups from dinner and through out the evening. He felt so lucky to have Nari, she was such an angel, he felt so giddy and happy knowing she loved Key as much as he did and how she invited him in to her life again so easily.

He felt hurt knowing Key sold him self for money but again he couldn't be mad. It was rough out there on the streets and it was a very nasty and rough area around where they lived. He just wished Key would of come back sooner, knowing the younger regretted his actions so early on, it would of saved so much pain. They could of started a fresh a long time ago, Jonghyun sighed, feeling exhausted from such a long, busy day.

He was just grateful to have Key back home again now, he wasn't happy about Key selling his beautiful body, the thought of other men touching his Kibummie made his blood boil and veins burst in anger. He would get over it in time, hearing how Kibum regretted his thoughts. Seeing the love in those feline eyes as he spoke earlier made Jonghyun realise that what they had was still there.

Their bond, the love they shared was still there, Jonghyun could feel it, it felt like his heart was beating to a heavy dance beat, butterflies crawling out of their cocoons to flutter around in his stomach again. It was like the day they first met, the same emotions and feelings Jonghyun felt when they went on their first date.

Jonghyun finished up in the kitchen before turning the lights off and moving to the main room. He stripped out of his cardigan, white plain T-shirt and black trousers until he was left with just his black boxers on. He climbed under the covers beside Nari, smiling softly as he saw Key's arm tighten a little around her waist. Gently Jonghyun sat up a little, placing a small kiss on Nari's cheek before leaning over to do the same to Key.

His feeling's never went away or changed for the younger despite everything Key had done. Even though the oldest felt tired, he didn't want to close his eyes, the view before him was his dream, this was all he ever wanted in life and it is still all he wants. Jonghyun didn't need expensive looking clothes, or fancy sports cars or girls in bikinis (or men in tight boxers).

As long as he had Key and Nari then his life is perfect, his dreams a reality. The smile on Jonghyun's plump lips grew wider as he ran his hand over his left arm, touching the bold black tattoo there. He had tattooed him self, putting Nari's name and date of birth there and underneath he had Key's name inked into his skin. Four little love hearts coloured in red each side of the bold black writing, a little black Key drawn on his wrist. It was something that he was proud to show off, it was simple yet held so much meaning.

Below the younger's name, Jonghyun had added two white turtle doves, they were a symbol of enduring, ever-faithful love. "I love you two so much, don't either of you ever leave me" Jonghyun whispered as he reached a hand over to lightly caress Kibum's cheek softly. The older smiled, Key was already looking better since he had gotten the younger home, skin had it's colour back a little bit, his hair was fluffy again.

Jonghyun swore that little sparkle was back behind those feline eyes as the spoke earlier and  played around with Nari. No words seemed good enough to express how happy Jonghyun truly felt in that moment, to see Kibum before him, alive and smiling a little. It made those long, hellish six months worth it to see Kibum back were he belongs, safe and sound.

Time seemed to tick by quickly as Jonghyun laid there admiring his daughter and the love of his life, softly caressing the younger boy's arm that was resting around Nari's waist. He had so many questions to ask Key yet he didn't even know were to start, he wondered what Key had done to those people to make them so angry. To make them that angry and hurt they younger, he must of owed them money, worked for them and caused a problem. Jonghyun couldn't work it out, Key was always such a sweet, kind hearted man beneath the tough, sassy diva attitude he put on.

Letting his eyes gaze lovingly at the two most important people in his life, Jonghyun yawned and shuffled down under the warm duvet. He moved closer to his daughter's sleeping body making them look like a squashed sandwich in the king sized bed. Jonghyun moved his arm to rest over Nari and his hand to sit on Key's waist, finger's caressing the small amount of skin not covered by the t-shirt.

Finally closing his tired puppy eyes, Jonghyun sighed softly, a small smile remaining a permanent feature on his plump lips. His only wish now is to wake in the morning and see that Key is still there beside him self and Nari. He didn't want to believe this was some nasty dream, he wanted to believe Key had really come home. Tomorrow was the start of a new fresh day and a new start for them as a family and Jonghyun hoped, wished and prayed that Key was going to be apart of it for the rest of their lives.

He wanted to grow old with Key, create memories to share with future grandchildren and family members. His love never changed and seeing Key here now, cuddled up to Nari only made the feeling increase. Key seemed to be so sorry and look so regretful for his rush actions months ago, Jonghyun knew that they wouldn't go straight back to the way they were.

It was going to take time to learn to fully trust Kibum again, his love will remain the same, maybe the older will feel even stronger about Key as they repair the damage to their battered bond they share. They say time is a great healer and Jonghyun hoped that was true and in time him self and Key could be what they once were, in love and living a perfect life in their own little bubble.

Cracking his eyes open one last time, Jonghyun smile grew seeing both Nari and Key beside him, he could never, ever get sick or bored of looking them both sleeping like innocent angels. Jonghyun whispered out something softly before closing his eyes and drifting off to sleep, dreaming of what was going to happen tomorrow, he just needed to know everything will be alright now.

He needed key to understand how important and special he is to him self and Nari. He wanted to kiss those soft bow shaped lips and snuggle in bed with Nari in their laps being a little trouble maker like she usually is when she plays with her toys. He just wanted to love Kibum and make the younger happy and safe again. Jonghyun believed he finally had his life back.

Now Key had returned and he can learn to be happy again with out faking it for the sake of his beautiful baby girl. Having Key back, his world cam back to life, it was only the start but they had as much time as they needed to grow again, stronger and hopefully create something that will last a life time.

"I love you Kibum and Nari. I love you both so much" Jonghyun whispered as he shuffled closer. He tightened his grip around both bodies and smiled. He finally had his world in his hand and he wasn't going to ever let it go ever again.


A/N Hello Lovelies <3333

Finally got round to posting this ^^

Thank you to my 32 subbers,views and upvotes already ^^ (means so much <33)

I hope this was worth the wait ><

I personally love this story and felt like I improved a Tad on the detail XD

Big thank you to my cutest cupcake Han_Hye_Ri again for helping me sweetie <33333333333

Comemnt and Subscribe, I adore all feed back and love to know your thoughts on this :3 <333

I will see you all soon lovelies <3333 :D

P.S How freaking adorable was the surprise video for Jjong O.O My Jongkey feels exploded XD