Of Love and Jealousy

Of Love and Jealousy

“When you love someone so bad, could you imagine how would it feels not being able to touch, not being able to speak to, and not being able to express the love you feel for him?” said Jonghyun one day.

“Its like jealousy. You realize you’re in love but the only thing you could feel is pain.” Onew answered directly with a sigh.

“And jealousy sometimes could be the sign of love, but sometimes too, could be the sign of the absent of it.”

Seeing his hyungs became all serious, Taemin, the youngest and the most innocent of them all, asked bluntly, “How does it feels to be jealous hyung? Why could it be the sign of love?”

All of his hyungs look at him sweetly and said, “You will find out soon.”

 

***

 

Taemin starred at Minho from his reflection in the mirror. And Taemin is not happy with what he sees. Minho is surrounding by his fans and most of them are cute and beautiful noonas. They were supposed to be prepared for a fansign event and these noonas are some kind of VIP to be allowed in the make-up room. What Taemin think as the good thing is, they’re still not allowed at the dressing room, so those noona still can’t see Minho’s full body up close. Sadly, Minho is using a sparkly jacket without under shirts right now. So those noonas could still stare at his abs freely as hell.

No, it’s not Taemin business of course. He just hate it when a fans clearly think of them as the object of their ual frustration. At least that’s what he thinks to be the reason behind why his heart racing in a really quick pace.

“Be careful with those pretty eyes, Taemin-an. You could kill our fans with your glare.” Their leader approached Taemin as if he knew what’s going on inside his magnae right now.

“Aaah, looks like Minho totally into that hot noona over there.” Said  Kay casually approaching Onew and Taemin. Didn’t have a single clue about what Taemin feels right now.

Taemin’s heart raced faster than before and  he could feel his eyes burned. He also feels really mad right now. Didn’t know why and to who. He just want to kick something to Minho’s face right now.

“Yah! Yah! Look at that boy, he’s totally enjoying their slight touches in every direction. Way to go our Minho!” Jonghyun suddenly appear behind Taemin, pouring more salt into Taemin’s already wounded heart.

When Minho’s session over, he approached Taemin and the others except Jonghyun who’s next on Fan Meet Session. Onew stay silent in his place, examine Taemin’s face and the approaching Minho’s fate, while Key is trying hard to hold his giggle, can’t really wait to see how Taemin would speak to Minho.

“Yah, Taeminnie, are you done with your make-up? Why is is so dark?” Minho asked unknowingly but giving the younger a warm smile.

“I am dark. I did this to blend so no one could fine me in the darkness. Why?” answered Taemin, in a very dark and cold tone. At this point, Key is already moved towards the other corner of the room to laugh freely and continue watch the two of them bickering.

Minho himself didn’t really get why his youngest could be this cranky, but trying to understand anyway. Being the magnae of the group, the youngest seems to take his role very well that sometimes Minho forget that he is still the youngest. Time like this always kindly remind him to stay patient why trying to approached the boy once again. What Minho doesn’t know is, it is because of him that Taemin behave this way.

“I see you’re not in a good mood today.” Said Minho in a very gently tone. “May I know why is that, Taemin-ah?”

Taemin only could turned his face away from Minho slowly and answers, “Nothing”

After that, Minho gets that this won’t go anywhere at the moment so he decided to left Taemin there for a while and go to where Onew and Key sits instead.

“What’s wrong with our baby boy?” asked Key pretending not knowing everything, while of course he plays his part well to annoyed Taemin more than he already has.

That day, their conversation didn’t go so well. Taemin ignores Minho everytime he wants to approached him and asking him what’s wrong.

****

And before they realized, the evening comes.

Minho sits on one of the sofa in their changing room and rubbing the make up off of his face with a cotton wetted by a cleansing water. Jonghyun who is passing by, approched and sit next to Minho after spotted him on the sofa.

“Have you and Taemin talk?”

“Not yet. He is still ignoring me. Gosh, what did I do wrong?”

“Ehm,... actually Minho-ssi... this afternoon, we kinda teasing him a bit.”

“You guys what?”

“Teasing him a bit. You know, just playing around. Because the fact that he is jealous towards you and those noonas fans but doesn’t seems to realize it yet, is so cute we just can’t help our self but a bit.” Said Jonghyun, wearing sorry face at Minho.

Didn’t work on him, though. Minho still look very shocked and a bit angry.

“Why did you do that to him?”

“Well, we can’t help it Minho. He’s so cute. Sorry, duh!”

“Please don’t do that again. Okay?”

Jjong could only give him a small nod.

“Well, we just annoyed by you guys lately. You guys have been acting weird.”

“Weird?” Minho asked, eye-brow winced. “Weird like what?”

“Like, I don’t know. We realized that you haven’t really got those playful time together anymore. You know, when you get all touchy around our baby boy.”

“.........well, you guys said it’s annoying looking at me being all touchy around Minnie-ah.” Minho shrugged on the sofa deeper.

“Of course it’s annoying, but it’s you guys. It feels off not to see that sight again at the dorm. Why is it? Tell me.” Said Jonghyun calmly.

“Actually,.... I’ve been holding myself.” Said Minho, more to himself. Because Jonghyun couldn’t hear him clearly.

“What? You’ve been what, Min?”

“I’ve been holding myself!!” said Minho. This time louder.

And it shocked Jonghyun to the point he could not hold his laugh any longer and laugh to his heart content.

“Stop it, Jong-ah. It’s not funny! At least not for my little brother down here.” Said Minho, pointing at his crotch.

Jonghyun tried his best to stop laughing and wipe a little tears that came out along the burst.

“Okay, seriously. Why don’t you just tell him about your uhm, big urges...? You two are going out already anyway. Right?”

“I don’t know. I confessed to him, but being our innocent magnae, I think he only hasn’t realize his feeling yet. So I don’t want to push him too much.”

“Hmmm....” Jonghyun crossed both his arm and looks like he’s thinking seriously. “ Well, if you want to wait, then just wait. You will get his first time anyway, so your time waiting will be worth it, I guess.”

“You think so? But wait, Im gonna be his first?” asked Minho in disbelieved.

“Yes, Minho.” Jonghyun answered patiently. Smirk grows slowly in the corner of his lips knowing what’s going on inside his friends mind right now.

“He is definitely gonna be the last one of his kind being that innocent.” Said Minho finally.

“And that innocent boy heart is yours. And it came along with his body, my friend.”

“I know....” Minho sighed deeply. “I’ve wanted to do it with him but I just can’t force him into this. And I’ve been holding on for what....six weeks right now? I have my urges too, you know. Should I give up on him?”

“Patience, my friend. Patience. Talk to him again. He can’t continuously avoid you, can he?”

Minho could only sway his head, trying to clear his mind. Maybe it won’t be that bad to be a little more patient. And so, he wait.

****

The next day, the second day of fansign event has began, and like a pattern, yesterday’s scene has come and take place again today. But now, Minho is more concious about those glaring beautiful eyes glaring at him and the fans. It’s a good thing that their fans haven’t realize Taemin’s death glare pointing toward them all day.

After his session finished, he walked toward Taemin and drag the nearest chair so he could sit next to him.

“What is it?” barked Taemin, right before Minho could even say a thing.

“Well, I’ve realized that you’ve been glaring at me and the fans practically all day.” Said Minho giving him the warmest smile he could ever give.

“No, I didn’t.”

“Yes, you are.”

“No, I didn’t.”

“Yes, you are. Why is it? Why are you so mad?” asked Minho softly once again. And it eventually worked.

“I-I....don’t know why. I just didn’t like them t-t-touching ....all over your body....” he finally admit it. Crossing his arm, embarrassed by his own feeling.

“Why? Why is that, Taeminnie?” asked Minho again. “Why don’t you let them be. It’s not like you are my boyfriend or something right?”

And that’s where it hit Taemin so hard, he stand up quickly and yelled,

“I am not your boyfriend but doesn’t you want me to be? Why confessed and  kissing me and getting touchy all over me if you didn’t mean what you’ve said and confessed???”

After saying that, Taemin make his way out of the make up room, trying to hold down his tears. He can’t show his tears in front of the other staff of course.

And, it’s true that this messed up situation is part of his fault. Because he hasn’t answer Minho properly when he confessed. And even after they kissed several times (all of it was initiated by Minho of course) they still couldn’t answer properly. But it because he was giving it a serious thought. And only now he realized what makes his blood boiled and his heart racing these two days.

He’s jealous.

He’s jealous and it’s because he started to fall in love with Minho.

Or maybe, he had felt it for a long time but just recently become more concious about his own feeling.

And with that, a few tear drops has makes its own way through Taemin’s cute cheek, thinking deep into his own thought. Failed to realize that Minho ran after him right after he left.

Taemin sitting squat down, wrapping his arm around his folded leg, and cried. Behind him, Minho was speechless. He knew he just said something he shouldn’t said. And now it hurts his Taemin a lot.

“Taeminnie.....” he called.

“Taemin-ah......” once again.

“Taemin! Yah!” he yelled.

But Taemin didn’t budged. Minho slowly squeezing on his temple in frustration. And after long moment of silent, he finally said,

“I’m sorry, Taeminnie. I said something I shouldn’t have said. I was tired being constantly rejected by you. I’m on the verge of giving up and you’ve been acting up lately. I...I was just....confused. Yaah, Taemin-ah. I’m sorry. Could you forgive me?”

Taemin stay silent, but slowly turn his head and look deeper into Minho’s begging eyes. He couldn’t help but held his breath seeing honesty in those eyes. He could see that Minho isn’t lying. But, he still couldn’t let go this easy. The fact that it’s hurt is true, and it’s hurt his pride so bad.

“Taemin-ah....” Minho called again. His voice sounds weak as he speaking, “I love you. And I know I’ve asked you a hundred time about your feeling and you said you still need to think. But now, I will only ask you one last time. And this time, if it’s not yes, I will give up.”

Taemin lift his face as Minho said the last sentence.

“I love you” Minho’s voice cracked as he said that once again. “And I don’t want us to be just friends. I want to feel everything together with you. What do you feel about me, Taemin-ah? Do you love me, too? Do you want to stand by my side, as my boyfriend, colleague and as a long-life partner?” he’s bombing Taemin with tons of question out of his patience already.

As Taemin saw his beloved hyung being this vulnerable, he can’t help but forget those hurtful word right away and run to his hyung. Doesn’t care anymore about his pride.

“I love you too, hyung. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m really sorry because I’m so densed I could even tell myself if it’s love or not. I’m so sorry that I’m so slow, and so densed. But I realized you’ve been taking care of me with your love. And I love the way you love me unconditionally. Yes, hyung. I fell in love with you. I realized that now.”

Taemin grab Minho’s arm firmly and look at his hyung in the eyes only to said once again,

Hyung, I love you. I love you.” He said while giving Minho his best smile ever.

Minho could feel his head became lighter. Because, he finally got his forgiveness along with the answer he has been waited for god-knows-how-long.

***

When they finally arrived at their dorm, Jonghyun gives up his room and let Minho and Taemin use it to their heart content because they are finally together.

After washing up a bit, both of them cuddling next to each other, spooning with Minho hugging Taemin from behind. And, Taemin breaks the silence.

Hyung...” he said.

“Hmm, what is it, Min-ah?”

“Is it really okay for me to be with you? What happened when you get tired of me?”

The question is so weird it makes Minho released Taemin from his embraced and Taemin hate the loss of heat he feels when Minho released him away. But not too long, Minho rolled Taemin body against him so he could see into his baby’s eyes.

“Why are you asking that?”

“Be-because,....if one day, you decided to stop loving me and going out with a better guy—or even girl—I don’t think I could handle the pain, hyung.”

Minho wrap his hands around Taemin’s slender waist and looked deep into his eyes. Minho could see sadness and sorrow coming from Taemin’s overly exaggerated imagination of their not-so-happy-ending future together.

“I’m not a fortune-teller, nor a seer. I’m just Minho being overly deeply hopelessly in love with you. So is it hard to just think of us as it is right now, and just focus about what we’re gonna do from now on?”

Taemin feels his eyes burning with tears and emotion. He nodded and muttered, “Sorry, hyung...

Minho kissed Taemin’s forehead and down to his lips, giving the younger boy the sweetest kiss he ever received in his life.

 

And no, this is not the happily ever after ending. This is just overly-possitive-beginning for them. Minho still thinking about getting under Taemin’s innocent crotch but that can wait. For now, he will just enjoyed the happiness their life lead into.

“Yes, hyung. Let’s do that. Let’s focus on our future together.” said Taemin happily, whispering into the older’s ear as comfort and darkness start to crawl into both of their eyes.

 

******* FIN *******

 

 

So, how was it?

Please kindly left your review and thoughts in the comment.

I would love to hear honest review from you.

Like I said, this is my third fan fiction. And I will keep trying my best to perfect my skill.

Love you guys!

XOXO