because it's you

Journey

the city looks even prettier at night, buildings around them covered in snow as the snowflakes continue to fall slowly. they’re leaving for korea tomorrow morning, and wonshik sighs at the thought. it’s been a nice change; they’ve had fun here, interacting with new fans, going to sightsee a little, creating new memories. now it’s time to return home.

a pair of arms slid around his waist and warmth attaches to his back. wonshik smiles, and leans back against hakyeon’s chest. “we should really come back here again, together.” hakyeon says quietly, breath ghosting over the back of his neck. “without the schedules. when we get a long break.”

“you say that every time.” wonshik comments, and turns around to hold hakyeon instead. with the makeup cleansed off, hakyeon looks pale and almost sick. wonshik frowns, holding him a little tighter, a little closer to him. “are you okay, hyung?”

hakyeon looks at him in the eyes , staring at him for a moment before his face breaks out into a smile, and wonshik feels slightly relieved. “it’s just the tiredness, shik-ah. don’t worry.”

“i’m always worrying.” he replies truthfully, pressing their foreheads together gently. “you’ve got no time to worry about yourself, always worrying about us, about the fans, about our schedules...” 

hakyeon’s smile widens as he shakes his head gently, as if he’s trying to deny all that wonshik’s said.

“i know you do. but don’t you worry about that, i’m helping you to worry about you.”  

hakyeon laughs softly at that, a genuine laugh that wonshik hasn’t been able to hear as often these days. his hands slides down to hold hakyeon by his hips as he leans in to press their lips together. it catches hakyeon by surprise again, breath hitching when wonshik nips at his lower lip gently. wonshik’s hand comes up to hold him by the neck as he deepens the kiss, and he moans softly into his mouth.

when they break apart they’re both slightly breathless, a pretty shade of pink visible on hakyeon’s cheeks as wonshik continues to pepper his face with kisses.

“you’re being overly affectionate today…” hakyeon says, amusement evident in his tone.

“you don’t like it?”

“sure i do,” he replies, grinning. “because it’s you.”

wonshik scrunches his nose at his words and hakyeon laughs, cupping his cheeks in his hands gently.

“that was really cheesy!” wonshik exclaims even while he’s laughing along.

“but you liked it.”

“yeah, i did.” he admits, pressing one last kiss to hakyeon’s temple. “let’s go to bed.”

 

 

the next morning, hakyeon wakes up in wonshik’s arms, finding him still asleep. it takes him a moment to realise that he slept well last night, since wonshik didn’t snore and he was in his arms.

"hm, turns out you were right, after all." hakyeon mumbles, smiling as he snuggles closer to him.