FINAL

between two worlds

 

junmyeon never had a perfect

 

His parents separated when he was four and got their own families leaving him to his grandma, who died a few years ago.

 

He became aloof to other people,

 

He’s been contented having his own world with animes, were he can be anything.  A world of his own

 

“I thought you don't like gore" Kyungsoo said

 

"I just feel reading it" he answered, not putting down his copy of Tokyo Ghoul

 

for otakus like them, their world is nothing like the real world. They can be who they wanted to be or be in another universe without hurting themselves or do illegal things

 

 

“hey, let me borrow your extra ear jacks, mine won't work anymore"

 

“Stop fantasizing on Ryouma again, you'll end up crying on the same scene"

 

Kyungsoo gave him a deathly stare; no one messes with his fantasy on Prince of tennis

 

“I am just kidding, it's in my bag" he chuckled

 

Kyungsoo fished inside Junmyeon's backpack and stood up. He put the ear jacks on his bag, threw a flash drive to junmyeon which he borrowed days ago and whispered

 

 

“I have downloaded a lot of there, stop fantasizing on junjou romantica. Enjoy"

 

Kyungsoo ran away before junmyeon could smack him down.

 

 

.....

 

 

Junmyeon keeps looking on the clock. The 13th episode of Shigatsu wa kimi no uso will he released today. He was caught hanging with the last episodes. He knew Kaori Miyazono may die but he believed the mangaka will give something up on his sleeves. He was not fond of angsty stories but he liked the anime, it made him like classical music more. The bell rang and he hurriedly fixed his things.

 

 

Blonde hair, tall guy, cold eyes. A bishounen out from Mangas. He could win any cosplay without much costume on.

 

Wu Yifan

 

 

Junmyeon looked down and arranged his glasses. Yifan and his friends are all dazzling. Tao has this mysterious aura, Lay is like Tetsuya kuruko looks frail but is good looking, even his half brother who's with them is popular among all gender. Too popular, too sparkling, if they were anime characters, blood would gush out of his nose.

 

"Hyung!" Sehun, called, making hip stop. He looked up and focused his eyes to the smiling Sehun. Though they didn’t live together that long, he is okay with his half siblings from both sides

 

" Eomma wants you to the family dinner tomorrow," he felt their stares burning a hole. He could see them through his peripheral vision

“What? W-why?" Sehun raised his shoulders up.

 

“Okay, Luhan's cosplay event will be over before 6, so I tell mother I could come"

 

"Okay"

 

 

 

 

__---------

 

 

Junmyeon is busy sewing when the doorbell rang. He has to finish ALO costume until tomorrow.  Luhan promised him he would give half of the prize if Luhan would win in exchange for him for making the costume. Luhan refused to buy the cotume online because it is costly. If that happens, junmyeon can buy the  SAO nerve gear that is on sale online.

 

 

His mom asked him to accompany sehun while they would be out of the country for a month and no one would look after their son. Since his house is nearer to the school, he agreed. Besides, his mother will increase his allowance for the daily expenses and for school so he can save to buy new sets of manga or action figures.  At first sehun disagreed but after a few talks, he gave in. It's not that hard, they are cool with each other and Sehun doesn't mind his stuffs.

 

He stopped sewing and opened the door. He told Sehun that he can just open the door without knocking. He guess Sehun forgot that.

 

“Hi, I'm Yifan, is Sehun here?"

 

Surprise is written all over his face

 

What is Ryota Kise doing here?

 

 

 

Yifan waved his had in front of Junmyeon' face.

 

"  S-sehun's outside yeah, he's, he's buying grocery"

 

Blood came rushing to his cheeks.

 

baka! Why are you stuttering?

 

 

“Can I come in? Sehun will not be out long right? he won't answer my calls, I think it is off"

 

Junmyeon bit his lower lip. Sehun forgot his phone, it kept ringing so he turned it off

 

Junmyeon invited Yifan inside and prepared a snack for the visitor.

 

 

" Is that your costume?"

 

Junmyeon looked at the costume scattered on the floor.

 

“No, it's for Luhan. He will join the annual cosplay event this Friday, you know Luhan right?"

 

Yifan nodded. Junmyeon put the the tray he is holding

 

“He will play as Kirito Kirigaya ALO version."

 

“That cartoon character looks cool" Yifan asked

 

“No, it's anime, not cartoon. They are different." he bickered

 

He understands that not everybody differentiates the two, but he can't help to be irritated

 

He started to collect the things and clean his mess

 

“Wait! I'm sorry. Can I watch you make Luhan's costume? "

 

Junmyeon sighed

 

“Okay"

 

Junmyeon continued to sew the costume. Yifan kept looking on him while eating the biscuit he prepared making him unfocused

 

" Awww!" Junmyeon exclaimed. Blood came rushing out of his pricked index finger

 

“Are you okay?"

 

He was about to stand up and find his medicine kit when Yifan put his injured finger on the blonde male's mouth and sipped the blood. He can feel the heat filling. His face probably looks like a red tomato.

 

" Th-that's dirty" he uttered

 

Yifan stopped.

 

“Sorry"

 

Seeing Yifan blush is the cutest thing in the world aside from his collection of chibi figures.

 

“Kawaii...."

 

“I mean you're not dirty. Yeah- you are not. I mean my hands are not clean, that is the dirty one, not you- you could not be that."

 

Silence filled the room. That's why Junmyeon doesn't want to talk to others because he does stupid thing. He silently cursed Sehun for taking too long for a mere grocery which isn't long.

 

" Hyung, I'm home. Wh- Yifan hyung, you're here"

 

Yifan stood up and talked to Sehun some matters which Junmyeon didn't understand

 

...

 

It was close to 7 pm. His coworker, Minseok, bade him goodbye leaving him the task to close the cosplay store where he worked partly. The glass door opened showing Yifan.

 

"Hi," Junmyeon beamed into a smile seeing the tall male who died his hair into black

 

“Yifan, hi, black hair suits you. Do you want to buy something?"

 

Yifan sheepishly grinned and shook his head.

 

“I had an appointment nearby then I remembered you worked here. I was just thinking of inviting you out as a token for helping me on my Korean literature and history."

 

Yifan came closer and leaned unto Junmyeon, desk hoping the other male would agree.

 

They went to the arcade center and played all of the games there is. They even won cola and snacks [Yifan almost injured his foot trying to win in the dance Revo]

 

They left the arcade exhausted and happy. It’s been long since Junmyeon had fun on places not related to what he likes. He's been contented to be at home and have fun alone than to go out and be judged by other people for being different. But with Yifan, he didn't feel indifferent, just the normal him. It is a bit rural out there so not many cars pass by. Small flying lights sparkled the streets making them amazed. Fireflies rarely show themselves so Junmyeon is happy he can see lots of them. He held his hands up, trying to catch the light -bearing bugs.

 

Yifan chuckled as he watched the petit male jump higher to reach the fireflies.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I like you"

 

 

Awestricken, Junmyeon accidentally freed the bugs he successfully caught.

 

 

“I like you, I feel happy with you. I love your eyes, it shines when we watch that anime you like, or how you pout when the episode kept us hanging' or how your ears turn red when you defend Kaneki whether he is just good or a coward that sometimes, I feel jealous with that human eating ghoul."

 

 

Still staring at Yifan, Junmyeon smiled, funny how he felt the same whenever Yifan talks with other people, or how he felt like he misses him when Yifan needed to be home.

 He feels joy and happiness.

 

" Kaneki is jealous of you too. I guess it's not bad to give it a try

 

Puzzled, Yifan looked at Junmyeon. The other male smiled

 

Yifan mouth curved into a smile

 

“You won't regret this"

 

Months passed when they became a couple. Kyungsoo didn't talk to him for a day for not telling him his feelings for Yifan. Knowing Kyungsoo, no one would break them. His daily routine didn't change that much except on times when they would go on dates or he would support Yifan on their basketball games. They would usually stay home and watch movies or cook for each other or play games. Yifan would even accompany him on anime gatherings.

 

 

“Hey Wu, I thought you wouldn't come."

 

Zhang Yixing, Yifan friend, said. They're in a birthday party. Yifan initially didn't want to come since Junmyeon isn't fun of the crowd but Junmyeon insisted. He just wanted for Yifan to be with his friends. Lay ushered them to the others. They ate, drank and met Yifan old friends.

 

" Yifan!" drunk Chanyeol said.

" Owwww... the cartoon freak is here too. Did you bring your spaceship here?"

 

The drunk male said wobblingly

 

“Cartoon freak, let me inside your spaceship too, Yifan- ge has long been there that he has been far from us"

 

 

a punch came flying to Chanyeol's face making a commotion around the house. Yixing apologized for what happened and they left.

 

“Don’t mind Park, he turns into an when he is drunk"

 

Junmyeon stopped

 

"No"

 

Chanyeol's right. Yifan doesn't belong to his world. He's been dragging him into a pit of hallucinations. They are two different people.

 

 

Sooner or later, Yifan would leave, just like his parents did. He should have chosen someone like him.

 

“This won't work"

 

Yifan stared at Junmyeon with disbelief in his eyes

 

" Chanyeol's right, I-I’m just a cartoon freak, you belong to reality I don't want to imprison you"

 

Tears fell coldly unto his cheeks; Yifan reached unto his cheeks and wiped it.

 

“No one's imprisoning me, is my decision. I love everything that belongs to you. Please don-t do this,"

 

Ironically, this the type of scene Junmyeon disliked. And now everything is happening. He pushed Yifan hands away and turned about.

 

“I’ll never give up, not now"

....

 

 

 

 

 

He missed Yifan badly.

 

 

Both Luhan and Kyungsoo got angry to him

 

 

“You are just so stupid that I want crush you with my Kagune."

 

Kyungsoo said.

 

“How can you think lowly of yourself, of us? You even believed on a drunken person!"

 

 

" Soo's right. We can see how Yifan loves you. What happened to your parents won't happen to you"

 

They are right. He felt stupid for letting Yifan go. Now the tall male isn't where anymore, according to Sehun, Yifan went to Canada for an early vacation.

 

 

 

The ticket for the winter anime festival came. Kyungsoo threatened him to cut their communication if he would sulk and won't come. Besides, they have been saving for the festival that will be held at Tokyo.

 

On the day of the festival, many otakus came; they're amazed by the merches and the massive number of otakus out there that it felt like paradise. They have met their common friends and had some chitchat.

 

The cosplay show started. The cosplayers started to walk down the aisle and showed their costumes and skit.

 

It was the male with Ken Kaneki costume's turn. The male stopped near him and stared at him.

 

His heart beats fast. Somehow, he felt like it was Yifan, His gaze beneath the mask, his body, the aura, and etc.

 

But that’s impossible. Canada and Japan are two far places. But he had his high hopes. He left the two and followed the white haired guy. The other male walked fast that he lost him into the crowd. He sighed.

 

 

“I miss you"

 

Junmyeon turned around

 

" Yifan?"

 

He reached for his mask and removed it. Junmyeon hugged him

 

" I'm sorry, I-I was so stupid sorry"

 

 

Yifan hugged him tighter. He nestled his head on Yifan chest

 

“I know I’m sorry it took so long for me to comeback. My kagune took long to be made and I had to die my hair white because Kaneki's hair changed"

 

 

Junmyeon laughed

 

“You don't have to do that"

 

He faced Yifan

 

“You look like the real Kaneki today"

 

 

It felt like magic when their lips met that it felt right.

 

 

Being kissed by Ken Kaneki is a dream come true indeed, but having Yifan beside him is a gift he happily would accept.