Sound of Love

Kaisoo Collection

Title: Sound of Love 

Genre: Fluff

Summary: Kai falls in love with Kyungsoo and his voice first sight.

Words: 1.3k


    Kai sighed as he walked out of class late. He had to stay back and do extra work because he was dozing off. It’s not his fault chemistry is boring as heck…well to him.

    “Ugh…” Kai groaned when he realized that he left his history book in class. He ran back down the hall to grab the book. “Chanyeol didn’t even wait for me too. That jerk…”

    He was about to yell out for Chanyeol but he stopped when he heard a faint melody down the hall. For some reason his heart began pounding at an accelerated pace. Kai needed to find out who is singing so heavenly.

    Kai fixed his backpack after placing his history book inside. The closer he walked toward the singing made his insides flutter. He walked past a classroom but immediately stopped because he finally saw the person.

    Thump Thump Thump. Kai gulped when he saw a doed eye guy sitting by the window with a white pair of earphones on. Kai felt everything around him stop as he scanned the boy’s face. He noticed his heart shaped lips and how it moved cutely when he hummed. This is a new feeling for Kai…he’s sure that he’s falling in love.

    The boy stopped singing and that’s when Kai realized that he’s been caught. Kai felt himself turn red as he gulped. “Uh…do you need something?” The widened eye boy asked.

    “N-N-No sorry.” Kai answered quietly. The boy shoved his books and pencils as he hurried off past Kai.

 

 

    That night Kai skipped dinner after having two bites of it. He had no appetite because he’s so embarrassed of what happened earlier. “He probably hates me and thinks I’m a freak!!” Kai shouted in his pillow ignoring his friend’s calls and texts.

    The next gloomy morning Kai walked to school dead. What if I meet him in the hallway? My hair is so bad today ugh! “Yo Kai!!” Chanyeol ran over with his Baekhyun.

    “Kai, you didn’t answer our calls or texts yesterday. What happened?!” Baekhyun crossed his arms.

    “Long story…I-I kind of-“

    “Okay first let’s sit down…you look miserable today.” Chanyeol sat himself down at the lunch table.

    “I think I’m in love guys.” Kai sighed burying his face in his hand, “Love at first sight…”

    “Who?! You never laid eyes on anyone.” Baekhyun sipped the carton of orange juice.

    “I don’t know who or what his name is…I’m not even sure if he even goes here…” Kai sighed. It is true…Kai never saw him around school. He’s either a teacher’s son or a new student.

    “Hm…and why do you look like you haven’t slept in ages?” Chanyeol furrowed his eyebrows.

    “Well…yesterday he caught me staring and he looked annoyed when he left.” Kai fidgeted the strap of his backpack.

    “Don’t worry buddy, Baekhyun and I will help you out. Let’s go to class.”

    Kai stepped in class earning a pat from Baekhyun. Kai stared at the ground as he walked over to his seat. He heavily sat down and noticed everyone staring at him seconds later. “What…oh sh-“ He was facing the side of the…doed eye guy from yesterday! He’s reading a book too. Kai wanted to jump out of the window because his poor heart can’t take all of this.

    Chanyeol and Baekhyun stared at Kai giving him a “is that him” look. Kai managed to nod gulping.

    “Class we have a transferred student, Kyungsoo can you introduce yourself?” Mrs. Choi clapped her hands. Kai glanced over at the boy who he now knows has the name Kyungsoo. What a cute name…soo.

    “Hello I’m Do Kyungsoo.” He bowed and Kai whimpered a little when Kyungsoo glanced over at him for a second. Everyone clapped except Kai because he was lost in his own world. Kyungsoo closed his book and eyed Kai, “Sorry I must not be entertaining to you.”

    “No no, you are!” Kai smiled like a freak, “I-I mean you look cool…I’m Kai.”

    “Kyungsoo.” He shook Kai’s hand making Kai want to scream in happiness. Oh my gosh Do Kyungsoo TOUCHED ME!

    Kai tried to keep his cool throughout the whole class lecture but of course he would glance over time to time. Kyungsoo noticed Kai’s weird actions ever since yesterday. He had to admit he was very embarrassed that Kai had to hear his singing.

    After class it was lunch time and Kai ran up to Kyungsoo blushing, “Hey would you like to get lunch with my friends and I?”

    Kyungsoo looked over at Chanyeol and Baekhyun who smiled at him kindly, “Sure.”

    “I’m Chanyeol and this is my boyfriend Baekhyun!” The giant smiled brightly.

    “Nice to meet you Chanyeol and Baekhyun.” Kyungsoo smiled back looking over at Kai who seemed scared?

    “Kai…? I’m sorry about yesterday. I didn’t mean to look all mean.” Kyungsoo apologized making Kai look up giving puppy eyes. Kyungsoo almost awed out loud.

    “Y-You don’t hate me?”

    “Of course not…” Kyungsoo blushed a bit.

    They all spent their lunch time with Chanyeol telling some of his silly stories and Baekhyun smacking his boyfriend time to time. Kai was distracted by Kyungsoo smile. He is so in love.

    Kai and Kyungsoo both walked out of school together. They didn’t talk much maybe just a “how’s your day” but that’s pretty much it.

    “Oh yeah…you don’t have to sorry earlier. I really liked your singing.” Kai blushed scratching his head.

    “No don’t. I sing…for fun nothing good.” Kyungsoo blushed red.

    “Your singing is very…heavenly…that’s how I found you. I followed the sound.” Kai smiled, “I also…followed my heart.”

    Kyungsoo looked up into Kai’s eyes as his breath hitched. He didn’t know how to act. Kai just confessed to him…

    “You don’t have to answer…” Kai muttered and gave Kyungsoo a piece of paper on his palm, “I’ll be waiting?”

    Kai soon left after that and Kyungsoo looked down on his palm opening up the small piece of paper.

Meet me at the park near school tonight at 6 P.M?

 

 

    Kyungsoo opened the door to his room plopping down on his bed. His feelings are so flustered right now. He had a deep thought about everything which made him decide his final decision.

    Later that night Kai wore his hoodie and sighed. He is going to confess later. Chanyeol and Baekhyun both gave him advice earlier to just stay true to his feelings.

    Time was nearing and Kai found himself sitting on the cold bench giving himself positive messages. 20 minutes later Kai was looking at his watch sighing it’s 6:30. Kai got up feeling his heart break a bit. He started walking away only to hear running behind him.

    “Kai wait!!” Kyungsoo panted.

    “Kyungsoo…” Kai muttered walking toward Kyungsoo.

    “Hurry up and tell me what you need to say.” Kyungsoo sighed.

    “Erm…I’ll tell you some other day…” Kai sighed. He didn’t feel like confessing anymore.

    “Stupid…you like me don’t you. It’s obvious.” Kyungsoo crossed his arms.

    Kai frowned, “Okay okay yes I do like you ever since I saw you. I know it may seem stupid to you but I fell for you first sight.” Kai bit his bottom lip because he felt like a failure.

    “That .” Kyungsoo plainly replied.

    “Yup it does…so forget all about this. You don’t have to like me back and I know you don’t.” Kai clenched his hands and walked off.

    “You didn’t even hear my answer yet you ding dong.” Kyungsoo grabbed Kai’s arm.

    “What can you answer?” Kai sighed.

    “That I think we should date and give it a try.” Kyungsoo answered smiling.

    “Huh I don’t understand…”

    “Are you a 2nd grader?! I meant that we should date, and I like you too.” Kyungsoo rolled his eyes smiling.

    Kai gasped a little and he shook his head in case he’s dreaming, “Y-Y-You like me too?!”

    Kyungsoo didn’t reply back, instead he buried himself against Kai’s chest. It took a couple seconds until Kai hugged him back. Of course Kyungsoo thinks it’s ridiculous how Kai fell for him first sight…or should he say singing. Whatever it was Kyungsoo was happy that he finally found his key in happiness. 


A/N: Hi guys I hope you enjoyed the first chapter. Kaisoo feels everywhere <3