Final

I will always be yours (forever and more)

 

 

Jongin works on a night shift, so it’s a not a surprise for him to be home at two or three in the morning and be welcomed by his husband already sleeping in their shared bed. But on this particular morning, something seems a bit off.

 

As soon as he made sure that the door is properly locked, he went straight to their bedroom to check on his husband, but he was welcomed instead by an empty bed. He was about to panic when he heard sobs coming from the bathroom connected to their room. Thankfully, the door was slightly open. Carefully, he opened it only to be greeted by Kyungsoo sitting on the floor with his face buried on his hands, crying helplessly. The sight made Jongin want to cry too.

 

“S-Soo…”

 

Kyungsoo wasn’t even surprised to know that Jongin’s already home. Maybe he was crying for hours already, he doesn’t even know. He looked up to see his husband’s worried expression, his heart clenched even more and more tears flowed from his eyes.

 

Jongin kneeled down to hold Kyungsoo and whispered, “Do you wanna talk about it?”

 

And with that, everything for Kyungsoo came crashing down on him.

 

“J-jongin, I-I’m sorry… I’m s-sorry Jongin, I’m sorry…”

“You haven’t done anything, hyung. Why are you apologizing?”

“ E-everything.. everything I’ve ever d-did was wrong w-wasn’t it? I-I’ve never done anything r-right. My boss t-told me I’m no good. M-my workmates… I, t-they all l-laughed at me awhile ago, Jongin. T-that’s not even the worst part, I s-spilled coffee on a g-guy awhile ago when I was at the café because I wasn’t l-looking and he y-yelled at me because I ruined his s-shirt and he was on about to m-meet his girlfriend, and the customers were l-looking at me like I’m the m-most stupid person in this p-planet. M-maybe they were right after all. I-I’m an idiot aren’t I? M-maybe that was the reason why I was b-bullied back then. B-because I’m s-stupid, and I just can’t do anything r-right. W-why did you even l-love me J-jongin. You don’t deserve a stupid trash like me. It’s ridiculous. This is all ridiculous. Why do I even exist on this world? I-“

“Kyungsoo.”

“I should just die, I-“

“Hyung, stop!”

“I-“

“No! Stop, Kyungsoo. Please, stop.”

 

Kyungsoo can only cry harder. His insecurities all coming back to him after his boss embarrassed him infront of his coworkers earlier. He tried his best to keep it all in, to conceal his feelings like he always did when someone at work yells at him for making a mistake. Kyungsoo has always been sensitive, he used to cry over the smallest things, but only Jongin knows that fact. He tries to keep a strong façade, but you can’t expect someone to keep that for a long time; and today’s the day that Kyungsoo has lost it.

 

Jongin just held Kyungsoo tighter, assuring him with the best words a husband can give to his crying partner. He knew of Kyungsoo’s insecurities, they’ve talked about it before, but he didn’t think Kyungsoo still has it after all those years they’ve been together; he also didn’t know that Kyungsoo was experiencing bullying at his workplace (yet again). He felt bad when Kyungsoo blurted that out, he promised Kyungsoo he’d never let anyone bully him again, but then again, here they are. He just let Kyungsoo sob and let everything out. When Kyungsoo finally calmed down, Jongin led them to their bedroom, and cuddled him. They shared a few more minutes of silence, and then Jongin spoke,

 

“Soo.. you remember that time when we shared our vows during our wedding?”

“Yes...”

“You remember what I told you that time?”

“You vowed that you’ll never let other people hurt me ever again.. because.. because I’m the most precious person in the world, and that I don’t deserve to get hurt. A-and, you even joked that you worked hard to be the best boyfriend to me, also that you tried your best not to hurt me - although you did because we had our fights, but you did your best and that’s what matters – so no one else can do it.” Kyungsoo replied, eyebrows (cutely) furrowing while trying to recall their wedding vows.

Jongin chuckled, remembering his possessiveness over his boyfriend-turned-husband (especially at that moment). “Yeah, that part. Well, obviously I wasn’t able to fulfil that. Why didn’t you tell me this before, hyung? You’re being bullied at work aren’t you?”

“I-I didn’t want to bother you, Jongin..”

“But hyung, I’m your husband. I also vowed to be with you in good and bad times, didn’t I?”

“Yes, b-but..”

“There’s no buts, hyung. You should tell me. You’re not bothering me. I love you, I care for you. I’m your husband for s sake-“

“Jongin…”

“S-sorry, hyung. It’s just that, I can’t take seeing you like this. Please promise me you’ll tell me everything that is bothering you next time. And please don’t ever think that your existence is not important in this world. You’re not stupid either, the ones who told you that are the ones who are stupid for not seeing how beautiful you are inside and out. So stop those thoughts.  It hurts me so much when you think that way. I’m here, we’re gonna get through everything together, please don’t forget that. I love you hyung, I really do, and that’ll never change. Not ever. Also, please resign from your job. They don’t even pay enough, just take that available position on Luhan’s work. Atleast there I can be assured that Luhan will be there to protect you while I’m not there. Please, hyung. For me?”

 

Kyungsoo can’t help but cry just a little bit more hearing Jongin’s words.

 

“I w-will. T-thank you. I love you too, Jongin. I love you so much. I can’t be more thankful for having a husband like you.”

 

Jongin just responded with a gentle kiss on his husband’s lips, and Kyungsoo can never be more assured.

 

 

A quote from Midnight thoughts (sometimes I’m a mess) said,

“It’s easy to love someone when they’re happy. What’s hard is loving someone when they’re crying on the bathroom at 2am because everything came crashing down at once.”  

 

But to Jongin, it doesn’t matter how hard it is, because when it comes to Kyungsoo, everything is all worth it. 

 

 

-------------------

 

A/N:

So.... I saw that quote on Twitter and thought it'd be a good prompt so yeah.

I think this is just considered a drabble because it's too short, idk u__u

Fic title is from A Rocket to the Moon's song, Ever Enough.

I don't think it has that much connection with the fic but well. Teehee :)

Comments are always welcome! Love y'all guys <3