Final

Reaching My Limit
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

K.Will- You Don't Know Love (I wrote this one shot while listening to this song :D)

 

The soft breeze blows against my skin. I lie against a soft rough surface, my surroundings unknown to me. A salty taste invades my senses, but all that registers in my mind is bittersweet. Cumulonimbus clouds shade my life from light. The only thing luring me back is the constant soothing sound of waves crashing against the shore. Should I follow it?

A dark void has been inside me, waiting to be pacified. But as every grain of sand flows through my fingers, I remind myself some things cannot be restrained. Sometimes, letting go is the only choice. Everything has its end. We don't decide when. It just happens and it is up to us how to cope with it.

I memorized many little things, thinking that if I held the memory, everything would last longer. I remember the slight movement of his eyebrows whenever he's doubting. I remember how he softly calls my name, how his eyes shine when our gazes meet, and how his hands cover mine. I remember his sweet laughter, the way his eyes crinkle, and how his body shakes trying to contain happiness. Happiness that now, he has stolen from me. He's taken everything. 

When he first looked at me with those warm brown eyes and said my name, he stole a heartbeat or two. When he brought me to the beach under the bright moonlight and shining stars just for us, he was my first date. When a huge poster, almost covering a third of the building unrolled at his back, and he held out a bouquet of flowers in front of me to invite me to prom, he stole my first kiss. As each day passes, every soft caress, fleeting glances, sweet kisses, and warm dates earned him my trust. 

I foolishly thought he was the one. I was never loved to this extent. I was shunned away by almost everyone— even my own parents. I didn't fit in with the other kids since they always made me feel like I lacked a trait or two. They make me someone I'm not, but with him, I unleashed my true self who was hiding for the past years. Each of my mistakes, each of my flaws brought a smile to his face. I asked him to stop pretending but he told me, "Don't tell me to stop doing something if you don't know why I'm doing it." With that, he caressed my face and whispered his first "I love you." against my lips.

Now, I tread on the sand near the clear blue sea. As I stare out, I see the water shine, and morph different images before my eyes. It reflects back to me the memories we've spent just like this, walking. There's nothing special to i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter