Two

From Netherworld With Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

“What do you expect from coming here?”

“I want to know if my sister really killed herself,” her answer was firm and rehearsed.

Leo lit up his last cigarette and straightened his sitting form.

He snorted, both arms crossed in front of his chest.

“Do you know exactly what I do, Sister?”

“Exorcist?”

“Demon hunting,” he interjected, “Just like what I told you before, Angels and Demons can’t cross over onto our plane for the sake of the balance. So when a half-breed breaks the rule, I deport their sorry straight  back to hell. I don’t get them all, but I’ve been hoping to get enough to ensure my retirement.”

“I don’t understand, Sir...,” she gave him a perplexed look.

“I’m a suicide, Clandestine. When I die, the rules say I’ve got just one place to go...”

Her jaw dropped a few milimeters.

“You’re trying to buy your way into Heaven, Mr. Jung...”

Their conversation was interrupted by several loud bangs on Leo’s door.

“Leo, it’s me,” a familiar male voice echoed from behind the thick mahogany wood, “I know you’re in there.”

Clandestine stole a glance at the demon hunter in front of her. His expression and his furrowed brows told her that he recognized his new visitor.

“You have another company,” she stated.

“It appears so,” Leo stubbed out his cigarette in its empty pack and strolled lazily to the door. “Maybe I should put an opening hour sign on the door next time.”

She lowered her head upon hearing his sarcastic remark. Not the easiest person to talk to, indeed, she noted in mind.

Leo turned the knob and found a tall lad with auburn short hair stood in front of him. Anxiety was clearly visible in his weary face.

“You came way earlier than usual, Hongbin.”

“Did you see them?” asked him in a low tone noticing there was somebody else inside. He was referring to the half-breed army that had just passed by.

“I’ve never seen that many before,” Leo curtly nodded, “It was as if they were trying to cross our plane.”

“Neither did I,” Hongbin grabbed Leo’s arm and moved closer to his ear, “This isn’t right, Leo. Something’s brewing in netherworld, I can feel it. I’m afraid we don’t have much time.”

“What are you suggesting, Hongbin?”

“Talk to Ravi. If there’s something going on in between hell and heaven, he must’ve known something...”

“That’s very unlikely to happen,” Leo flinched, “We’re not on speaking terms at the moment.”

Hongbin let out a dreary sigh, “Cut your childish rivalry out already and be an adult you are!”

“Rivalry?” Leo exclaimed, “He ing ruined my three hundred bucks shirts the last time we faced each other!”

“Leo, you’re the only person between us two who had the access to enter Isengrim’s basement,” Hongbin tightened his grip on Leo’s arm, “I beg you.”

Leo did a quick analysis to his options and then turned toward the waiting canoness.

“Sister, I hope you wouldn’t mind a little detour.”

...

Please log in to read the full chapter