Christmas Wishes, Hot Chocolate, and Cute Boys

Christmas Wishes, Hot Chocolate, and Cute Boys

Yoongi sat in the nearly empty cafe, looking down at his blank notebook and his steaming mug, filled with hot chocolate and topped with whipped cream, sniffling because of the cold. He burrowed further into his scarf, letting the hot beverage warm his cool hands, his long fingers wrapped awkwardly around the mug, going between the actual cup and the handle.

 

It probably smells fantastic, he thought as he brought one hand up to his face to pull the scarf down and tuck it under his chin. Now if only my nose was clear enough to know. Yoongi brought the drink to his lips and started sipping at it, looking out the window at the pedestrians walking by the little cafe, bags in hand as they do some last minute Christmas shopping. He sighed, closing his eyes as he took a large gulp from his cup, the warmth of the drink landing nicely in his stomach, but he just sighed again.

 

Christmas was normally his favourite time of the year. The music, the gifts, the lights-- everything was brighter around Christmas-- but this time, he's only been sighing a lot and hoping it would end soon, feeling like a true Ebenezer Scrooge. Every year, he and his best friend since childhood, Taehyung, would spend Christmas together. Even if one of them (mostly Yoongi) was in a relationship, they’d always invite each other over. But alas, this year, Taehyung and his new boyfriend, Jeongguk, had decided to spend it in Jeongguk’s hometown of Busan instead of Daegu, where Jeongguk was studying and where Yoongi and Taehyung have lived for most (read: all) of their lives.

 

Yoongi let out another deep sigh, looking into his now empty cup. The door opened and closed occasionally from people walking in and out, grabbing a quick coffee before heading back out into the sidewalk traffic. A draft was let in every time and Yoongi shivered, burrowing back into his scarf, which he had placed back over his mouth and nose. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw a dark haired man (no, boy, the tell tale baby fat was still in his cheeks) stand, only to get in the back of the line. Shaking his head, Yoongi looked down at the blank page of his notebook, the pen laying uselessly next to it. He could feel the cold creeping back into his bones, the constant swinging of the door causing a cold breeze to make its way to Yoongi, even though he was covered in layer upon layer of clothes.

 

Christmas wishes. A good start for a rap, Yoongi thought smugly, a smirk hidden under his scarf as he picked up his pen and wrote that in a neat hangul at the top of the page. At this point, all I wish for is a new cup of hot chocolate.

 

“Hello.” Yoongi looked up at the boy in front of his table, his pen frozen mid-character. “I saw you earlier,” the boy continued, a sheepish smile on his face. He carried two mugs in his hands, and he was nervously shifting from foot to foot. Yoongi smiled politely, nodding. What was he supposed to say? He didn’t know this kid. “I also may have bought this for you.” The boy extended one of the mugs carefully toward Yoongi. It was filled with hot chocolate.

 

“Oh, my gosh,” Yoongi exclaimed, taking the mug from the others trembling hand. “Thank you.” The boy smiled, still in front of Yoongi, who looked awkwardly from side to side, before opening his mouth again. “Would you like to sit?”

 

“I would love to,” he replied, smiling and taking the seat across Yoongi’s. “Jimin. My name’s Park Jimin.”

 

“Min Yoongi.”

 

“It’s nice to meet you, Yoongi-ssi.” Yoongi looked at Jimin, smiling, before looking down into his hot chocolate, hiding his blushing cheeks under his large, gray scarf.

“It’s nice to meet you, too.”