After So Many Years

After So Many Years

Minzy's eyes flutter open, sunlight bathing her from cracks in the window blinds. She feels the familar warmth of her husband beside her and listens contently to her two sons snoring softly. Sungjoo graps her hand and whispers good morning to her, it isn't until now that she realizes where she is and what she'll be doing today. They're in hotel in Seoul, and today she'll be meeting her old members of the past so long ago. She feels guilty for having left and not had contact, but she didn't want to sing anymore. She wanted a family; and that's what she has now. A beautiful family.

"You're nervous," Sungjoo says, sitting up with her.

"How can you tell?" she asks, covering a yawn with her hand.

"You always press your lips together when you're nervous. I, for one, am excited to meet these girls."

"Me too!" Minseo says sleepily as he crawls out of the hotel bed. His dark mop of hair is sticking up everywhere, making his parents chuckle. Minseo is the oldest, at 11 years old. Taehyun is 5. "Mommy, why are you nervous?"

Minzy, without realizing it, presses her lips together. "Minseo...Mommy's not nervous. She's excited. Go wash your face and brush your hair." Minseo, feeling as if he is being punished, trots to the large hotel bathroom. Minzy looks at her youngest, still fast asleep in bed, and then groans.

"CEO is dying, this is his wish. I will do it no matter if I feel like fainting." she says, building up encouragement. Sungjoo pats her on the head and kisses her cheek before getting up to get dressed.

 

"Mommy! This place is huge!" Minseo cries, pointing up the rather large YG building they were standing in front of. Minzy is wearing a pair of jeans and a large green sweater that hid her remaining pregnancy weight she hasn't lost. Her stomach is growling from nerves, her hands shaking. Sungjoo walks on to the doors, but her feet are planted firmly to the concrete.

"Mommy, come on." Taehyun says, pulling on her hand. She looks down at the smiling face and smiles back. In the main lobby, they look around. Nostalgia hits her like a ton of bricks. She smiles, feeling the tears welling up. Home. Still holding Taehyun's hand, she leads the way to where CEO had told her they would wait for her. In his office. As they approach the large doors leading into his office, she feels slightly faint and grabs hold of Sungjoo's shoulder for support.

"You okay?" he checks.

"Mmhm. I'm ready."

"Come on, Mommy. Come on, I'm tired of standing." Minseo whines. Minzy takes a deep breath and knocks on the door once before opening. Her eyes fall on CEO first, sitting at his desk looking ill, weak, tired. She feels pain at seeing him like this. Then her eyes drift to CL, her leader. Alway her leader. The girls are sitting in comfy chairs, legs crossed and smiling as they were talking amongst themselves until Minzy arrived. Now they look at her, eyes wide. A smile breaks loose on Dara's flawless face as she springs up and wraps her long, skinny arms around the maknae.

"Our Maknae! Wow, your children." She pulls back, only to have Bom take her place. Bom smiles sweetly, and kisses Minzy's cheek. When CL steps up, Minzy is afraid. CL, who's looking at the floor, now looks up and smiles.

"You've made a beautiful family, just like you made beautiful music. Maknae, give your leader a hug already." Minzy, feeling relieved, hugs CL tightly.The girls greet the cheerful children and Sungjoo and Minzy quietly moves over to CEO and plants a kiss on his cheek.

"I knew this was a good thing." he says quietly.

"I'm home, CEO!"