Chapter Four

The Space Between

Haerin P.O.V.

“Haerin I-I- I see it now,” He spoke. I gave him a confused look. “I-I I finally realize Lee Hi is a b-.” My eyes widened when he spoke such word with Lee Hi’s name in it. “I defended you in while we were p-practicing a-and she acted like she knew me, but I realized she was just acting like she knew me. She didn’t have the same bond we did and I would do anything to have that bond back.” Hanbin’s confession shocked me. It took a minute for his words to sink in.

“H-Hanbin, I-I’m sorry, but I just can’t forgive you right now,” I answered truthfully. His eyes were full of pain and hurt. I felt myself feel the same emotions as him by just looking at him.

“Please, Haerin, please, I’ll do anything!” He pleaded loudly. I felt a tear slip out of my eyes and I quickly wiped it before I even noticed it.

“Hanbin, you hurt me too much to forgive you after a mere apology,” I confessed. He grabbed my hands suddenly and got down to his knees. I felt my eyes swell up with tears. “H-hanbin, please don’t do this right now.”

“Haerin, please. I’ve never felt so much pain before in my life! When you left me the first time, I wasn’t the same anymore. I stopped being happy, it was all fake. I felt happier with you, I felt more like myself.  I felt alive,” He begged. I felt tears threaten to fall out of my eyes. I shook my head.

“Hanbin, you’re wrong, you left me, I didn’t leave you. I gave you a chance, but you chose Lee Hi, I just look weak going back to you,” I admitted. He stayed on his knees for a few moments, then stood. His eyes met the grounds’ and stayed planted on it.

“I understand.” He finally said. He wiped his tears that wear falling rapidly. “I guess I’ll just leave now.” I saw him leave with heavy footsteps and tears falling onto the floor. I shut the door and fell to my feet. I let out my choked out sobs. I ran to the living room and just cried, for who knows how long.

“Haerin?” I heard someone call out. I looked to my side and saw a shocked Junhoe and Chanwoo. I snapped my gaze away from theirs and buried my face in my hands. I felt a hand on my back, it was Chanwoo’s.

“What happened?” Junhoe asked carefully. I swallowed my tears.

“Hanbin, he-he came here and apologized,” I choked out. “I-I just couldn’t do it.” I cried out louder. I felt myself being pulled into Chanwoo’s embrace while Junhoe patted my back. After my cried slowed down and became mere tears slipping down my face, I stood. I forced a smile upon my face and said, “Let’s eat.”

 

Hanbin P.O.V

I laughed silently to myself walking home.

“AHHHH!” I screamed alone in a dark road. I laughed like a maniac while staring at the road ahead. Small lamp posts were the only thing in sight at this time of night. I felt my feet guide me to where ever it wanted to go. I felt drunk and numb. Who knew I didn’t need alcohol to make me feel numb? I, somehow, made my way back to the dorm after a couple of hours after while aimlessly.

“Hanbin?” The other members called out while I zoned them out. I felt a hand pull my shoulder back as I entered the dorm. I stood facing Jinhwan, who had pity filled in his eyes.

“Hanbin, did you go to Haerin?” He asked quietly. I shoved him away. My vision was blurred due to the tears surrounding my eyes.

“I think I’m gonna go to sleep now,” I said walking to my room. I shut the door behind me, despite the questions from the other members. I fell to my bed, just hearing the words Haerin said to me filling my head. I just laughed at how stupid I was. I felt the tears from my eyes drench the pillow under my head, but somehow, despite all that was going on, I somehow fell asleep.

Jinhwan P.O.V.

“Should we check up on him?” Bobby asked me. I shook my head.

“He needs some time to be alone and reflect on his thoughts,” I replied. Bobby nodded.

“Fair point,” He said. The members nodded along. We all sat in the living room on the couches, not really saying anything, but thinking the same thing. I sighed and sat up.

“You all know why Hanbin is bummed, right?” I asked, hoping they all knew the correct answer. They all nodded.

“Yeah,” They all said in unison. Bobby suddenly sat up.

“Man, I can’t believe all this time I thought Hanbin liked Hayi, then to realize that he actually liked Haerin the whole entire time. Dammit, it just makes me feel like I’ve never actually knew Hanbin like I thought I did,” Bobby said, sipping his sprite while at it. Yunhyeong suddenly sat up too.

“Yeah, I feel the exact same way. All those nights I consoled him about Hayi, were actually for Haerin. Huh, sorta makes sense though,” Yunhyeong admitted.

“I agree. Shoulda been obvious he would of cared more for his best friend of how many years than to a girl he met not too long ago,” Donghyuk confessed. We all agreed with each other and told each other how the other thought of the relationship. Also how funny it was that two of our members were in a fight because of a girl, that had happened to be ones sister and ones best friend. Then we all passed out, where we were.

When I woke up, yes I woke up first. I saw we fell asleep, sprawled out through the couch. I chuckled silently. I got up, trying not to step on Yunhyeong who somehow made his body to the ground.

Then the doorbell rang. Everyone groggily woke up.

“Who is it?” Donghyuk whined.

“I don’t know, let me go check,” I answered. I walked to the door and looked through the peep hole. And at that moment, I didn’t know if the peep hole was lying to me, or if I was dreaming, but I saw the person I had least expected. I opened the door.

“Hey, Haerin.”

Haerin P.O.V.

“Let’s eat,” I finally spoke out.

“Noona, are you ok?” Chanwoo asked.

“Should we wait a bit?” Junhoe added on. I shook my head.

“No, I’m hungry, I should eat my worries away.” I grabbed the bags they had in their hands and set it all on the table. “Fried chicken usually does the trick.” I dug in without thinking about anything while the boys just stared at me. I looked up at them. “What are you waiting for? Eat kids!” I looked up and saw them eating. I smiled to myself. The sound of us eating was the only thing to be heard.

After eating, we dug in on dessert, AKA ice cream. We all sat on the couch eating the delicious ice cream that had been sitting in the freezer.

“Noona,” Chanwoo called out.

“Yes?”

“Are you sure you’re ok?” I looked to him. After all this emotional stress, I just couldn’t take it to be honest. I sighed.

“I’m going to sleep, when I wake up, hopefully I’ll feel better.” I walked upstairs, trying not to feel the stares of my brother and his friend. But I made it to my bed. I finally let out my tears. I jumped onto my bed and just cried into my pillow. How pathetic of me. I thought I could be stronger, but I just couldn’t anymore. I thought I was done crying, but there were so many more things to cry about. So I thought about it, and thought about it, and then I realized. I couldn’t stop avoiding my problems. I had confronted him once, without all of s, without Lee Hi. It was time to talk to him alone. I knew I had to march my way into their dorm tomorrow, alone, like how it used to be. Then, I fell asleep, comforted with the plan.

When I woke up, I felt somehow at ease. I knew my plan, to walk over to the dorm, with confidence. I pull on a comfortable shorts and a T-shirt and walked out the door, grabbing a muffin on the way out. 

I had remembered somehow where the dorm was from when Hanbin and I were friends. He used to take me to the apartment and show me. I would also hang with the other members and we would play stupid board games. I got there in who knows how long, I forgot to grab my phone. I soon arrived at the front of the door. I calmly touched my fist to the door and knocked loud enough for the people inside to hear. Someone opened the door and I recognized the face. I smiled at him. He was definitely shocked.

"Hey, Haerin," He greeted. I smiled at him.

"Hey, Jinhwan," I greeted back. We stood staring at each other for a few seconds before he invited me in. I looked around at the familiar setting. Nothing had really changed besides a few details. I then looked to my side and saw all the members besides Hanbin, Junhoe, and Chanwoo. "Hey, guys," I said. They waved back.

"Hey, Haerin." All their faces read "shocked". I felt like laughing, but I kept it in. 

"So, Haerin, what are you doing here?" Bobby asked. I shrugged.

"What else would I be here for?" I asked back. They all froze. 

"Well, uh, Hanbin is still sleeping, so, you can take a seat at the counter." I complied with Jinhwan's words and sat down. He then got me a cup of apple juice, my favorite. He then sat down next to me, along with the rest of the members. "So, how's it going?" He asked me. I scoffed.

"Ok. Could be better," I replied sipping some of my juice. I couldn't deny the awkward tension in the air, but for once, I hadn't minded it. We sat in a silence for a bit while I drank my favorite drink, 'til I saw something in the corner of my eye. I picked it up and felt the familiar item in my fingers. Jinhwan chuckled.

"That's weird, that's Hanbin's," He added to my movement.

"I know," I stated. I can't believe he still has this.

"Oh you knew?" Jinhwan asked me. I gave him a confused look. 

"Knew what?" I asked back. He then looked at me weird.

"Knew where that ring was from. From his deceased grandmother before she passed. I can't believe he told you and not us, but I guess that's understandable since you've known each other so long," He explained. I raised a brow. 

"That's where he said it was from?" I asked, feeling offended he lied to them. Jinhwan nodded. 

"Yeah. Is that story wrong?" He said slowly. I chuckled. 

"Yeah," I admitted honestly. "I have the same one." I finally admitted. Everyone in the room turned more tense then usual. I raised a brow. "Is that surprising? That we had couple rings?" Then on timing, Hanbin came out of his room. His eyes settled on me. It felt like we were have a staring contest while the others were looking at the both of us. I gave him a slight wave. "Morning, Hanbin," I finally said, breaking the silence.

"What are you doing here?" He asked quietly. Before I knew it, everyone in the room had fled besides me and Hanbin. 

"I came to talk Hanbin, we need to get things straight." 

"There's nothing to talk about anymore." He looked away.

"Hanbin, that's not what you said yesterday," I quietly reminded him. He tensed. 

"Fine, did you come to rub it in my face that I still love you and you don't," He accused. I stood up.

"No, Hanbin, I came to talk things out. We can't keep straining 'this'," I gestured to each other. 

"We're not! You rejected me after I apologized!" 

"Well, Hanbin, it's not always that easy! Is everything in your life just easy and smooth? I know you're training and that you're their leader, but when you say sorry that doesn't always means the other has to bow down to you!" I yelled at him. "You're making me the bad guy, when I'm not!"

"You are! I poured my feelings out to you, which has always been hard for me to do, but I've always felt comfortable around you!" He retorted.

"I'm not the one who dumped you, Hanbin. You dumped me. You let our relationship go like it was completely nothing." I felt myself getting a bit choked up. I thought this would go easier and without us shouting. He didn't say anything back. He grabbed my hands that were in front of him.

"I know, Haerin. But I realized I was stupid and dumb for trusting and believing Hayi. I realize now she was trying to sabotage our relationship."

"But you should of realized then, not now when you've already caused me so much pain." I cried. I felt him wrap his arms around my body. I sobbed into his chest silently. After I collected myself, I pushed him back and wiped my tears. His face contorted to pain as I released our skinship. 

"Just, please, please, take me back, I will never choose anyone over you again," He bravely claimed. grabbing my hands again. We stood silently for a while, until I spoke up.

"The day you left me, I told you and myself that I would never, ever, forgive you," I strongly reminded. I pulled my hands away. "So I'm sorry, Hanbin, but I have to stay true to myself." I heard him softly calling my name and crying while I left the dorm. I hadn't even realized he had started crying while my vision was so blurry. I slammed the down behind me, despite the poor calls from Hanbin.

I had done it. I finally had left him for good. 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------

Yes, everyone, breathe it all in. 

 

 

 

 

 

This story has not ended yet. LOL. 

 

 

I'm still doing an epilogue guys.....