Chapter 1

Listening to the Heart vs the Mind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Ji Hae's POV~

While I was peacefully sleeping my phone rang loudly on my nightstand. I knew who is was before I even picked it up because of the specific ringtone I gave this person, "Yobeoseyo?" I said in my raspy morning voice, but on the other line I heard that deep voiced chuckle I've gotten used to hearing my whole life.

"Good morning princess!" I pulled the cell phone away from my ear and scrunched up my face then pressed my phone back onto my ear.

"Geez oppa... You don't have to yell," I sat up on my bed with the phone still pressed against my ear and rubbed my tired eyes whlie yawning,"Why did you wake me up so early oppa? It's the weekend..."

"It's 9 am sweetheart you needed to wake up anyways," he said in a teasing tone after I heard his teasing voice I rolled my eyes at him, "Don't roll your eyes at me!" Sometimes I feel like he's stalking me.

"Okay well other than that why did you call me?" I said while yawning.

"You want to go to the mall and watch a movie today with your best friend? I'll pay for the snacks this time!" He said excitedly while bribing me at the same time. He knows I can't deny when there is food involved.

"Sure why not," I said a little more awake after the mention of food.

"Okay! Go get ready, I'll be there in about 40 minutes maybe less! Bye, see you later princess!"

"See you later oppa!" I jumped out of bed, put on my slippers, and ran to my personal bathroom, but me being the clumsy person I am I tripped on one of my sweaters I left on the ground from yesterday. Luckily I caught myself by grabbing onto the wall before eating it. I washed up and threw my hair into a clean yet messy bun because my curly hair from the day before made me look a little crazy. I went into my closet and picked out a opaque white flowy white blouse with a seethrough back and short sleeves pairing it with a gray cardigan then opened my drawer next to it and took out floral pants and a tan bra. After I got changed I did my usual make-up routine in front of my vanity. I ran to my bedside table afterwards to unplug my charger from my phone and opened one of the two drawers on my bedside table and grabbed my black purse with the shoulder strap. I put my phone, a tinted chapstick and wallet in there then put on my watch that was on my bedside table as well. After checking myself one last time in the mirror I checked the time proudly realizing it took me only 20 minutes to get ready. I then went to the kitchen to eat breakfast, but as I was about to walk into the kitchen I saw the all too familar backside of my best friend doing the dishes. I tiptoed up behind him in my slippers and covered his eyes with my hands, "Guess who?"

He chuckled and jokingly said, "Uuummmm I don't know... Who could this be? I have no idea who this could be... Could it be... My best friend!" I pulled my hands away from his eyes as he turned around.

"You guessed it right!" I gave him an eye smile laugh, "Do you need help doing the dishes Kookie?" I said as I looked into the sink filled with washed dishes on one side and dirty dishes on the other side.

"No it's fine just go eat your breakfast your parents left you, it's on the dining table. I already ate so just go ahead and I'll just finish the dishes while you eat," he persuaded me.

"Are you sure?" I asked as a reassurance.

"Yeah yeah it's fine now go!" he said as he splashed me with the excess water from his finger tips. I shielded my face with my arm as he splashed me.

"Yah!!" he laughed at me as I pouted and went to the dining table wiping off some of the water that landed on my face. I looked on the table and saw some leftover kimchi from the night before along the side was bibimbap and a small money envelope with a note on it saying Hi dear! Jungkook told us you were going to the mall so here's some money! Enjoy yourselves! See you tonight darling! Love you! <3 I smiled at my thoughtful parents and picked up the money envelope and was in the middle of opening it when Jungkook came into the dining area.

"Oh yeah your parents left you---" he saw me taking out the money, "Oh never mind you found it," he smiled and I smiled back then focused on putting the money in one of the empty slots in my wallet.

"Oppa help me finish eating this bibimbap! I'll go get you a bowl!" I left the dining room and into the kitchen to get him a bowl before he could refuse. When I opened the cabinet above the counter and went on my tippy toes trying to reach the bowls that were oddly far in the back of the cupboard as I reached for a bowl I felt a body press against my backside and a hand place on the counter as he reached for the bowl instead and brought it down. My heartbeat sped up a ton from the close intimate contact with my best friend who is actually my long time crush. Yep you heard it right... I like Jungkook. I've seen him go through his past girlfriends, I mean who wouldn't like him? He is incredibly talented, a sweetheart, he's intelligent, and he has the cutest smile that any girl would melt at. We've seen each other grow up, heck we even bathed together and stopped after puberty hit of course, we know each others flaws, we know each others habits, and we know every detail about each other. You could say we're practically siblings but we're just best friends. That's all we'll be is best friends... Well back to the current situation... I turned around and looked up at Jungkook hoping and mentally praying to God that my face isn't as red as a tomato. Jungkook looked down at me as he held the bowl then used his free hand to pat my head.

"Wah my little princess Ji Hae is so tiny she can't reach the bowls~" He teased me making me pout. He th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter